• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

Ford has also gone on record saying there's no way they'd sell a Raptor version here. Mostly because they don't want to cut into the F-150 Raptor's sales but also because they don't feel that the 2.3 would be the right engine for it and the chances of us getting the diesel used in the non-American market Ranger Raptor is pretty much slim to none.

i think they might bring the raptor ranger cuz there has been talk about the next raptor having their new v8 coming out in it.

Correction...it will tow 7500 pounds. That's nearly as much as the F-150 mine replaced. :cool

The 10-speed transmission takes some getting used to...but I wonder if that's because mine is a 4X4 and I'm actually dealing with transfer case quirks.
I wouldn't expect the transfer case to be doing anything during typical driving

or are they AWD or something?

i think they might bring the raptor ranger cuz there has been talk about the next raptor having their new v8 coming out in it.
when you say "their new V8" you mean the 7.3? that's designed to be a heavy duty work truck engine. it's big, it's heavy, it's torquey. I suspect it would ruin the handling of the Raptor - keeping the front relatively light is important.

The new V8 is, yes only for the Super Duty now, but it’s almost guaranteed it’s going into the Raptor in a year or two.

Ecoboost V6 isn’t much weight difference when you factor in the extra weight of the twin turbo setup and it’s DOHC heads.

Last edited:
The 10-speed transmission takes some getting used to...but I wonder if that's because mine is a 4X4 and I'm actually dealing with transfer case quirks.
My 8-Speed in my Grand Cherokee took some time to smooth out. It was a little surgey in parking lots. But, eventually the computer figured it out.

And, mine is a 4x4 as well, and it's full time 4WD.

I wouldn't expect the transfer case to be doing anything during typical driving

or are they AWD or something?

No, but that doesn't mean parts aren't moving. :dunno

My 8-Speed in my Grand Cherokee took some time to smooth out. It was a little surgey in parking lots. But, eventually the computer figured it out.

And, mine is a 4x4 as well, and it's full time 4WD.

Yeah I'm thinking it'll settle down eventually. It's very "eager" right now. :laughing

The new V8 is, yes only for the Super Duty now, but it’s almost guaranteed it’s going into the Raptor in a year or two.

Ecoboost V6 isn’t much weight difference when you factor in the extra weight of the twin turbo setup and it’s DOHC heads.

Pretty cool Ford is doing this. Any in depth specs on the motor yet? I'm sure the aftermarket world is foaming at the mouth.

Pretty cool Ford is doing this. Any in depth specs on the motor yet? I'm sure the aftermarket world is foaming at the mouth.

They haven’t released anything. People are just guessing right now. Figure mid to high 400s for the hp and torque in the 500s. Pretty good starting point.

They haven’t released anything. People are just guessing right now. Figure mid to high 400s for the hp and torque in the 500s. Pretty good starting point.

Not even that interested in the factory production power. Just wanting to know architecture. We shall see...

Last edited:
Look at those valve springs! And the length of the stem too!

It sounds like he's dumbed it down, but I think I know what he's really saying. As far as the goals for efficiency and the resulting displacement at least.

Short version is that the point where an engine is most efficient, meaning that it uses the least amount of fuel for the power it's making, coincides with the torque peak of the given engine. So if you pick a desired torque spec, you could feasibly "reverse engineer" that to a displacement spec.

OK, start a Ranger thread, where's the new stuff?

Look at those valve springs! And the length of the stem too!

It sounds like he's dumbed it down, but I think I know what he's really saying. As far as the goals for efficiency and the resulting displacement at least.

Short version is that the point where an engine is most efficient, meaning that it uses the least amount of fuel for the power it's making, coincides with the torque peak of the given engine. So if you pick a desired torque spec, you could feasibly "reverse engineer" that to a displacement spec.

I noticed how long those valves were too. Without watching again it looks like the runner is really raised. This thing is going to be a monster for the aftermarket world if they don't screw the pooch.

7.3 is marketing only.

Been looking at these for a few months now.Very happy with it.

sF5Yh4u.png

Nice! I've been eyeballing these too. :thumbup

Back