• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

:teeth

CzW0dIM.jpg

Well, well... :teeth

Life is good. :party

Attachments

• Peter & 2020 GSA.jpg
    Peter & 2020 GSA.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 92
About 1/2 of the car covered in this...

hqdefault.jpg

Then everything coated in this...

Ceramic-Pro-9H-Permanent-Bond.jpg

Very interested in both for my bike, can *both be installed by a nonprofessional?

Last edited:
Steyr C9 A1
I used to want one because of the low bore axis and then I forgot about it and stopped buying guns for a year. Then one day it happened to be at one of my favorite shops and with very little prodding, it was mine, well in the books anyways. Don't know why I really bought it though. It's neat but doubt I'll own it for more than 3-6 months or even shoot it at all. It'll be a few months until it comes home. I just bought another Glock 43 this weekend and waiting for the Glock 44 to show up next month. Then after that, the Steyr can come home. Stupid California gun laws. The shop also has the Hudson H9 which I want more but it's more than twice the price. VERY nice pistol though.
steyr%2Bc9a1.jpg

Last edited:
Very interested in both for my bike, can *both be installed by a nonprofessional?

If you’re experienced and have a little knowledge, sure.

With the PPF you have to have “the touch” for when initially laying it on and keeping it able to still position around a bit before you start with the squeegee thing. And having a dust free environment should go without saying. Plus just like with the ceramic coating, the paint has to be prepped first....completely free of waxes and polymers and maybe some correction too.

For ceramic coatings? There are “professional only” versions which typically offer the most durability and such. But they are not something an average consumer can buy. Typically, the manufacturers want those to be applied by certified installers. Since they are the least forgiving to work with, if you don’t know what you’re doing you’ll do more harm than good. The consumer grade stuff is pretty much almost as easy to apply as conventional waxes/polymers, but they wear off and you may need to reapply it a year or two later.

I paid a small fortune to have a local detail shop do my car (sorry Jeff if you’re reading this...Danville is just too far for me). But the PPF and coating carry a 10 year warranty, and I sure as shit didn’t trust myself to do the PPF myself in my dusty ass shop.

Back