• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

Was shooting the breeze with a couple of sales guys at a bmw dealer in Canada a few weeks ago and one dude was asking the other how a particular led equipped bike had ended up on the floor. I thought they mentioned how BMW doesn't equip NA bikes with LED's. I could have gotten the whole think wrong though since I was distracted by picking up my own bike at the time.

signal-2020-07-22-085344-XL.jpg

Last edited:
ALL weapons are assault weapons. :laughing That's their purpose.

I bought it for my kid and I to share. It's going to live in Oregon. :banana

The only real weapon is the brain.

Everything else is an inanimate tool, not necessarily designed to cause harm. People have been murdered with the most innocent of tools, it's the person recognizing the potential of the object to cause harm.

No rifle kills; it's the user that loads, aims, and fires at a target.

Last edited:
That's not a lecture. :laughing

Ok, I entered didactic mode, but really, if you hit someone, that's assault, whether you do it with your hand or with an object. The definition of "assault weapon" is completely idiotic and has more to do with cosmetic appearance than actual functionality.

My M1 Garand, a .30-06 built in 1942, is a "weapon of war" because it was the most effective rifle during WW2 & the Korean War, but it's not considered an "assault weapon" because it doesn't "look" scary.

Have fun with it! :teeth

The only real weapon is the brain.

Everything else is an inanimate tool, not necessarily designed to cause harm.

I'm sorry, but guns are generally designed to cause harm. I agree that no gun ever killed anyone but that's kinda what they're built to do.

In the right hands, it's an effective tool, yes.

It was designed specifically for what it does best. The same can be said of the KLR650, the S1000RR, and most well-designed machinery.

It would be great if we could stick to pictures and not get into this. Sheeeesh.

I miss my PTR. But boy did it have a kick! Not as bad as Mosin M44, though.

My first photo attempt. We shall see if this works. New skins for my wheels. First time trying the Rosso Corsa II.

Attachments

• IMG_20200723_190649_compress14.jpg
    IMG_20200723_190649_compress14.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 59
It worked, it's in focus, and the wheel is clean. Triple win!

Milltek Exhaust for the Cayman

Found a used one on CL. Certainly beat the new price of $2,000....Porsche parts are expensive.
:laughing
Nice sounding exhaust. Not too loud, but with a nice deep tone.

Back