• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

Theodolite measures angles only. You’d need to measure the length of a least one side of a property to calculate an area, using the theodolite to measure all angles between sides and some basic trigonometry. If using a theodolite the distances are generally measured with an add on EDM or a steel chain.
Makes it much more accurate if you measure the lengths of all sides which is pretty much normal practice.

There are several theodolite manufacturers however Wild (Swiss made) were as good as it gets. The T2 measures angles to 1” as opposed to say their cheaper T16 which measures to 1’. They all look cool as a display piece but T2 looks cooler for those who know what they are. The company Wild has become part of Leica who is a major manufacturer of electronic total stations as well as the other consumer products Leica are known for.

Not sure mechanical theodolites are even made anymore as they were an expensive precision tool which have been replaced by the electronic options offered by total stations which can do a lot more like storing data plus some have the ability to scan objects and terrain. Total Stations can measure up to 5000 meters accurate to a centimetre or better.

All are cool tools to work with.

Eric had already measured our property. The one he used for the tree is an old one that he doesn’t use at work anymore, and it is accurate to 1/16” in 500’. It’s a Leica.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ looks fun, don't get shot.

I bought a little ed tractor. I have to stop buying red things.

51148885661_8d770b8d8b_z.jpg

Climbing some trees?

Yessir.

That looks like my old set up.
Looks like you dont work for utilities....
They dont allow steel core flip lines..

No, it's not for work. We need to create some defensible space and I've got 5 or 6 very tall trees that need to come down. They are entangled with other trees and I'll have to take them down from the top.

Yessir.

No, it's not for work. We need to create some defensible space and I've got 5 or 6 very tall trees that need to come down. They are entangled with other trees and I'll have to take them down from the top.

That's tough work..
I hate getting stuck in a tree when planted to long..
Tree spikes are longer than pole spikes.
And can get bured deep.

Last edited:

I assume you're talking about wildfire danger, and not clear free fire zones for gun positions.

Personally, if it was the latter, I'd just move.

Bought a backpack and it included a motorcycle so stopped for a hot chocolate to put in the backpack.

Dave Ramsey might not approved of the $4 hot chocolate but I think he'd be digging the bike.

tP7p0Roh.jpg

b2jWkIFh.jpg

That bike is gorgeous. Living on the Central Coast we don’t see a lot of the new exotic bikes (mostly HDs, tourers, and adventure bikes), have not seen one of those.

There are better faster lighter bikes but I always wanted a 1050 ST.
This was the last ST RS the dealer had as its being replaced by the new 1200 they’re expecting delivery of soon.
The 1200 may be better but it has to prove itself reliable and I don’t like it’s massive radiator thats part of its higher hp output.

The engine in this one is so much nicer than the grumpy one in my Hypermotard.
However not digging the green decals and considering pealing them off. Will hold off on that plan for now in case the colour grows on me.

I wanted a nice cruiser bike and the 1050 model fits the bill for that.

Picked up one of these today...

uc

My surface agitation pond aerator just took a dump so I decided to go a new route for pond aeration and just bought this bad boy. I also got an extra diffuser for it so that I can hopefully eliminate the dead spot area that didn't get any aeration that occurred with my old one.

Attachments

• Pond_aerator.JPG
    Pond_aerator.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
My surface agitation pond aerator just took a dump so I decided to go a new route for pond aeration and just bought this bad boy. I also got an extra diffuser for it so that I can hopefully eliminate the dead spot area that didn't get any aeration that occurred with my old one.

Do you have any wind?
One of my old neighbors had a Windmill aerator and it worked pretty good.

Back