• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

Are you Ernie's age or just won't wear them? I can't even get a year out of boots before they need replacing.

They look nice tho

I don't think any of us are Ernie's age :laughing

I tend to be easy on shoes, for some reason. Eric goes through workboots every few months. These are mostly for working on our property...yard work, some light construction, thinning trees, cutting up downed trees and firewood. Nothing too gnarly. They just feel super stout, unlike other workboots I've had.

Last edited:
Finally upgrading the gloves after 6-7 years.

2AJ8218_1080x.jpg

Just learned a neat thing about ya, Dubbs!

For those dabbling in RV's

After years of using a "special shaped rock" or a "chunk of wood" to weight down the sewer hose connection.
Something all new and improved with safety in mind.
Bright OSHA approved orange, with reflective tape, enhances you camp with safer whimsey.

This cover was designed to hold sand, gravel, or water, as the added weight securing to the sewer line, as the black tank contents are released to drain.

My on call, RV service tech, has filled this mess saving addition with special wind blown sand from the Morro dunes.

Attachments

• IMG_3610.jpg
    IMG_3610.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 25
I'm honestly going to probably leave it be. The guy put hand guards and a trail tech on it already, both things I wouldn't have spent money on but I admit the use is different. Just a fun pit bike for me.

Nice Mill. I've always wanted one.
Instead, I got something for my wife to continue to increase our self reliance.

Attachments

• Finished greenhouse2.jpg
    Finished greenhouse2.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Finished greenhouse1.jpg
    Finished greenhouse1.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
We’ll there’s that also.
Just hoping the 2 ton straps don’t rip your barkbusters off and expose you to potential hand injuries later. Safety first, just sayin

We’ll there’s that also.
Just hoping the 2 ton straps don’t rip your barkbusters off and expose you to potential hand injuries later. Safety first, just sayin

You use the pull tight straps? No thank you, those things always come loose. First of all I think the straps I'm using are 1000lb rated max. Secondly, having more strap than you need isn't a bad thing, I'd use my 3000lb car straps if they werent so physically big. You just don't crank down on it as much, no big deal.

Also, I donno what Honda engineer decided to ditch the 5 speed gear box in favor of a 4 speed but he needs a swift kick in the nuts.

Last edited:
Bought some Battleborn Lithium batteries today. Changing my Class B van from 330Ah AGM to 540Ah Lithium. Cheaper to buy the bundle and get a 3000w inverter I did not need, than buy two batteries. I will list the inverter on Barf after it arrives.

540Ah-12V-BB8D-Bundle.png

You use the pull tight straps? No thank you, those things always come loose. First of all I think the straps I'm using are 1000lb rated max. Secondly, having more strap than you need isn't a bad thing, I'd use my 3000lb car straps if they werent so physically big. You just don't crank down on it as much, no big deal.

Also, I donno what Honda engineer decided to ditch the 5 speed gear box in favor of a 4 speed but he needs a swift kick in the nuts.

I used to use ratchets only but needed a set in a hurry and bought what I think are 700 pound pull down style from CycleGear.
Combined with soft straps they’re so convenient and fast I’ll never use any but from now on. I look them back around themselves and tie knots and no problem don’t come loose.

Even a five speed deserves a kick in the balls.

A trip to Harbor Freight today. This Icon brand they carry is shockingly good. I’m sure a Snap-On box is maybe 10% better than this, but not for over 4X the cost. In the end, it’s just a bunch of drawers in a steel box. Google photo, but I ordered a blue one.

56142_W3.jpg

Last edited:
A trip to Harbor Freight today. This Icon brand they carry is shockingly good. I’m sure a Snap-On box is maybe 10% better than this, but not for over 4X the cost. In the end, it’s just a bunch of drawers in a steel box. Google photo, but I ordered a blue one.

56142_W3.jpg

Yeah, but is that suspension tunable? Does it have antilock brakes?

That is a very nice toolbox Rob. :thumbup Toolbox envy here.

We have several Harbor Freight Tool Boxes and carts. They live a hard life on the barge and have proved to be decent.

Back