• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

Lol. You know they got an edit button right?

Im actually fine with the badging. If there’s ever a break in at the shop, let the thieves go to the name brand boxes first. They’ll see mine and think I’m some new lube tech who has like 14 tools in the whole thing.

If I was 10-15 years younger, I’d be more into the Snap-On flex. But I figure I’m only going to wrench for 5 more years and I’ve got not much left to prove to anyone.

Snap-nOn!

i have a couple used US general boxes, before there were the 3 levels that's all HF had, and they're plenty nice for home gamer duty and way better than comprable craftsman/husky/lowes stuff

Lol. You know they got an edit button right?

Im actually fine with the badging. If there’s ever a break in at the shop, let the thieves go to the name brand boxes first. They’ll see mine and think I’m some new lube tech who has like 14 tools in the whole thing.

If I was 10-15 years younger, I’d be more into the Snap-On flex. But I figure I’m only going to wrench for 5 more years and I’ve got not much left to prove to anyone.

Thought you were like 40? You marry into money or wrenching just pays that well? Either way, congrats on the box..and the early retirement :laughing

I’m some new lube tech.

Thought you were like 40? You marry into money or wrenching just pays that well? Either way, congrats on the box..and the early retirement :laughing

Rob left us THE prime hint on where that C7ZR1 money came from!!! The question is, how do WE get to be "lube tech's" Do we get to meet Rocco and The Hedgehog?

5kqtiIz.jpg

First impressions, swivel on gauge end and tire end which is nice. Rubber protection around gauge could be a bit thicker and hose length could be 6"-12" longer. Steel braided is kinda nice though I guess. Fits in the hand nice but i'm a fan of big gauges so wish it were another inch across or so. Assuming it's accurate, not too shaby for $35. Even came with a molded case.

Last edited:

45. When I hit 50, I think I want to spare my body and transition to service writer or something that doesn’t involve wrecking what will be left of my body by then.

No wrenching doesn’t pay that well. Family money.

Finally together with my stitch. Fits great with work clothes underneath. Slacks, button up shirt and tee under that. Roomy and comfortable, if still a little stiff.
I got all winter to break it in.
Thanks J-Boat. Yu Da Man! :thumbup

Attachments

• Aerostitch Roadcrafter1.jpg
    Aerostitch Roadcrafter1.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 39
I've actually had this for a year, but dragged it out again for this season.

attachment.php

It's a nut cracker. A Drosselmeyer Nutcracker, Red to be exact.

Around this time of year, the stores get those bags of mixed nuts: walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, brazil nuts, pecans.

I consider myself a "casual" cracker. Get a couple of bags, crack a few each day throughout the season until they're gone. Nice way to eat some nuts and not crunch down on a bunch of them.

Anyway, if you're in a similar boat, this thing will Change Your Life.

It is SO good. You drop a nut inside, squeeze the lever, and, more often than not, you have a cracked nut. Dump it out and collect your winnings.

Nut cracking can be an explosive process, this thing keeps most of the shrapnel inside, rather than, well, everywhere else. The leverage is very good, you don't need a huge amount of hand strength to squeeze it. It's small, so fits easily in a drawer. A normal walnut fits just right, apparently english walnut are bigger and, perhaps, problematic.

Downside, it's $40.

But I got one, it showed up, and I've been giggling ever since. No fighting it, no pinching, the swearing has been reduced dramatically. It's an enchanting device. It's one of those things you kind of have to experience to really appreciate.

Attachments

• IMG_3432.jpg
    IMG_3432.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 151
gauge is off by like 4 lbs at 80 psi. POS

looks to be the same gauge as models half its price on amazon, minus the braided hose and different face insert.

Back she goes!!

gauge is off by like 4 lbs at 80 psi. POS

looks to be the same gauge as models half its price on amazon, minus the braided hose and different face insert.

Back she goes!!

Look up there website..
I think you have to calibrate for altitude....

Here

Here

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211207-082643_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211207-082643_Chrome.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 35
Back