• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

That's some good lookin gear.

Love me a Rev'It suits. :thumbup

Thanks! I love their stuff, too. Rev'It is all I've worn ever since I bought my first Rev'It pants and they were the perfect length for me. At a towering 5'1" with stubby arms and more curves than necessary, it ain't easy getting good quality gear that fits properly. Rev'It always nails it. This is the Sand 4 H2O suit. I've wanted the Sand ever since they came out with it years ago for the men.

My first Rev'It jacket and pants almost 10 years ago...
i-SMt4WGb-XL.jpg

Early Christmas present to myself.

Trek Domane+ ALR, 58mm, red/black. Shimano 105 and Bontrager stuff.

Retired the 199x REI Corsa Novara that weighed 40 lbs. :laughing

Nice looking bike Pete! How much does it weigh without the battery? I have a Specialized Turbo Creo SL Comp Carbon EVO (set up for gravel as delivered) and love it. I purchased a second set of rims and have road tires on them. This setup totally changes how the bike feels vs. using the gravel tires.

My son wants me to go up Sierra Road with him, which he has been training on, on an analog bike (he's 30). The initial climb from the San Jose side is W I C K E D! I used to ride Sierra road on an old R65 if I didn't have time for a proper ride.

Last edited:
My 15 year old Revit jacket fits great and still going strong.

Braggart :x.

:laughing All my jackets are still going strong, too (except the one I'm wearing in the photo...the main zipper got super cranky) but the "fits great" part is a tad problematic these days :mad

There's the model. You'll be easier to spot in the new combo.

Yeah, I really like the lighter colors. My fully waterproof Rev'It Horizon commuter suit (which still fits, by the way! :laughing) is all black, which always struck me as kind of stupid for gear meant to be worn in inclement weather, but they never offered it in anything more visible. I wore an extremely loud and reflective construction vest over it. Sooo glad I do not commute into SF anymore. 27 years was more than enough.

Braggart :x.

:laughing All my jackets are still going strong, too (except the one I'm wearing in the photo...the main zipper got super cranky) but the "fits great" part is a tad problematic these days :mad

Haha it only still fits good because I removed the two liners. It weighs a ton if you leave them in, which if I did I probably wouldn’t get the zipper up.

I also have the same cranky zipper issue, it’s a pain getting both sides lined up. The issue is actually a big reason why it’s still in such good shape. Not using it as much because of that damn zipper.
Other than zipper the rest of it is a quality product. I’d definitely consider buying another.

Finally together with my stitch. Fits great with work clothes underneath. Slacks, button up shirt and tee under that. Roomy and comfortable, if still a little stiff.
I got all winter to break it in.
Thanks J-Boat. Yu Da Man! :thumbup

Just now saw this. Looks like it fits you better than it did me. Hope you get many thousands of miles out of it...

I've decided to stick with my Darien 2 piece from now on...

Rev' it is good stuff. I had a Rev' it Ignition 2 piece for many years and I loved it. But eventually the stitching started coming apart in various places...

picked up my grail watch a couple weeks ago from the Rolex AD.

Last edited:
For sure a drink out of that is eternity.

Hell, I can't even cook canned soup! Haha!

Actually, this is technically my mother's room for when we travel through the National parks later this year. We'll tow my Jeep, which is already set up for overlanding/wheeling

But I will neither confirm, or deny, that THIS may be my final goal...

[youtube]mum9b_z1LvM[/youtube]

Back