• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

People on Teams/Zoom calls will have no issues hearing me now. LOL

rWzYLK.jpg

RuVcuEd.jpeg

5UtMciN.jpeg

So got the matching metric wrenches as well, hard to beat for $100 (each) from my research. Almost sprung for the gear wrench set since they're 90 teeth instead of 72, but 3x the cost and dirty looks from the wife persuaded me not to get those. Gear wrench had a few more wrench sizes as well which was also hard to pass up, but anything bigger than 1" I don't feel like I need a ratcheting wrench as I just don't come across fasteners that large very often. Only size I'm bummed about being missed is 11/32 but I think I actually have a flex head that size laying around somewhere. Nice surprise was the flex head uses an Allen bolt for the pivot point so you can tighten it down if it loosens up. Gear wrench are pinned with no ability to retighten. So yay me.

New cheapo 100psi pressure gauge with a longer hose than that dumb autometer one for half the cost, also more accurate heh.

And splurged on a long acre one to consolidate about 3 other gauges I have. I assume I'm paying for the electronics because the build quality honestly doesn't seem much different than the 100 psi $18 one next to it.

And new utility cart :)

Ratcheting flex head wrenches have been worth every penny.

wish the gear wrench website wasn't so terrible

come to find out they have 120 tooth wrenches for double the price.

The SAE set isn't really comparable since the the gear wrench set only goes to 3/4" but doesn't skip any sizes beneath. The husky set i have skips 1/4, 9/32, and 11/32, but gives me 13/16-1"

The metric set is comparable between the brands, 8-19mm with husky also giving you 21.

The husky SAE set is worth holding onto just for the sizes above 3/4" , but i'm thinking maybe i should splurge on the metric gear wrench set and see if it's worth twice the cost...decisions decisions

Jesse, Longacre gauges have been great IME. I'm still running two of them that are well over 20 years old.

Jesse, Longacre gauges have been great IME. I'm still running two of them that are well over 20 years old.

I'm sure it's fine, metal housing would have been nice though. My older gauges this is replacing are rebco brand, I've had them over 10 years and they have metal housings. I actually looked for those first but apparently they're discontinued. The rubber bumper on the gauge also has a bit of slop on it. Lastly, while the long acre gauge has the longest hose length, the way they oriented the face makes the effective hose length shorter than the one pictured next to it. They should have flipped the face 180* . The hose is long enough to where this isn't really a deal breaker but all the things I addressed I don't think are big asks for a $100 tire pressure gauge. None of my other gauges, with the possible exception of the 15 psi gauge I have, can resolve down to 1/10 a lb, so that's nice. Thing is I'm never worried about anything under a 1/4 lb difference unless I'm pulling out the 15 psi gauge anyways, so that type of resolution, while nice, isn't the primary reason I bought it.

No idea what I'm looking at :laughing

wish the gear wrench website wasn't so terrible

come to find out they have 120 tooth wrenches for double the price.

The SAE set isn't really comparable since the the gear wrench set only goes to 3/4" but doesn't skip any sizes beneath. The husky set i have skips 1/4, 9/32, and 11/32, but gives me 13/16-1"

The metric set is comparable between the brands, 8-19mm with husky also giving you 21.

The husky SAE set is worth holding onto just for the sizes above 3/4" , but i'm thinking maybe i should splurge on the metric gear wrench set and see if it's worth twice the cost...decisions decisions

And he is wasting all that awesomeness on some Chevys. Why don't you send them to me and I can use them on a Dodge where it won't be wasted. :teeth

So someone is starting a home grow business?

Gonna let the superduke 990 breath a bit better. with the air box gone being able to see the throttle bodies better is way cool and the intake sound is music to my ears.
For off-road use only of course.:thumbup

Attachments

• 7AA52D1C-FE86-4A02-A3BC-40D5EEFDDC5C.jpg
    7AA52D1C-FE86-4A02-A3BC-40D5EEFDDC5C.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 16
damn hippies

Hah. When I get the Challenger up and roadworthy we are going to have to meet up and compare cars although really it wouldn't be fair as we all know Dodges are a step above Chevys.....

I was just checking out Year One's catalog and was perusing prices for parts to get it ready. The new roof is going to kill me as I will probably need a body shop to do the removal and reinstall.

Mines pretty comfortable on jack stands

You gotz that oil money that shit should be running 8's by now..... :teeth

I know its been a crappy time for oilfield lately. My cousin has been doing cash trucking jobs to fill in the gaps between rig jobs.

If it wasn't such a shitty commute to Houston lately I would say something about a work/drink party... but the last time I went that way is was a horrible 5 hour jaunt both ways fucking sucked horribly.

Hah. When I get the Challenger up and roadworthy we are going to have to meet up and compare cars although really it wouldn't be fair as we all know Dodges are a step above Chevys.....

I was just checking out Year One's catalog and was perusing prices for parts to get it ready. The new roof is going to kill me as I will probably need a body shop to do the removal and reinstall.

Count me in if I'm invited...and I've one of the oldies running. Just bought an LT3 conversion for the 78 T/A. This outa be an interesting project....and the 69' Charger; it's either new frame rails front/ rear or an engineered chassis and extra shifts in the ice cream shoppe.

Got myself a letter opener…

Microtech-Troodon-Mini-DE-Auto-Black-Bronze-BHQ-139155-jr-large.jpg

Relax legal eagles, it’s only a 1.9” blade. Been wanting a Microtech for awhile now. Finally got around to buying one, even if it’s a little baby one.

Last edited:
Back