• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

XWB9aDK.jpeg

Pretty sure this is the only skate sharpener within 500 miles. Hope it lasts a life time.

I would imagine the ice rink you skate at has a blade sharpener cause we all know you ain't just going outside to skate in the nearby frozen pond. :teeth

Also pretty sure I am within 500 miles of you and I have a grinding wheel and I can fix that shit right up for you. Even free hand that shit on some water stones get it razor sharp.

I would imagine the ice rink you skate at has a blade sharpener cause we all know you ain't just going outside to skate in the nearby frozen pond. :teeth

Also pretty sure I am within 500 miles of you and I have a grinding wheel and I can fix that shit right up for you. Even free hand that shit on some water stones get it razor sharp.

Nearest rink is 45 mins away, they don't have sharpen while you wait afaik. Can always pick up next time you go but have to work your way around the proshop schedule. If you can even call it a proshop. It was a convenience purchase more than anything. Kinda like the wrenches :laughing

Well that’s gotta be the obscure thing we’ve seen in this thread for awhile. Next thing we’ll see somebody has bought a bowling ball drilling rig.

Happy New Year to ME!
2021 Chevy Colorado ZR2 AEV Bison (V6 gas motor, 308HP) :party

I've driven the 4cyl turbo diesel but not overly impressed with it.

It's been about a year ago that I sold my '64 K10 and the first time in my life that I haven't had a Chevy pickup. The full size trucks now days are just too big for my needs. Going to sell my '13 Jeep GC Trailhawk (Original owner, super clean, 1 of 2000 made and only 38.7K miles. Hit me up off-line if interested.)
Couple of real life pics.

Attachments

• 64 K10.jpg
    64 K10.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 18
  • ZR2 AEV Bison 3.jpg
    ZR2 AEV Bison 3.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 19
  • ZR2 AEV Bison 2.jpg
    ZR2 AEV Bison 2.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Yesss! Great looking truck. Been a fan of those for a few years now. If for whatever reason I don’t go through with getting a Bronco in a couple years, that’s gonna be it for me.

I hereby “claim” the CA plate Z ROB 2 just in case I ever buy one of those.

Well that’s sharp. I’ll admit since the Supra got all the hype from that BMW-Toyota collar, I haven’t payed those much attention and hardly ever see them. Is it strictly a 2 seater?

Nice looking M. After looking at the specs, I was surprised at the weight and fuel economy. I'm sure it's fun to drive angry.

Well that’s sharp. I’ll admit since the Supra got all the hype from that BMW-Toyota collar, I haven’t payed those much attention and hardly ever see them. Is it strictly a 2 seater?

Yes.

I didn't like the looks of the Supra. And I wanted a convertible.

I was looking at the 718 Boxster GTS 4.0 but it was $20k more and not much faster. And Boxster S was a bit more, but paying that much for a turbo 4 didn't sit right with me.

Last edited:
I don't even know how Porsche sells models beneath 911. Who is buying these cars and why?

Protip: The 718 is the better car. It could be more obvious if Porsche management let the 718 platform have everything. But they deliberately keep it neutered so it doesn’t upstage the 911.

Front and rear trunks, no bullshit 2+2 seating layout, way way better weight balance, and smaller more agile feel on tight backroads. What’s not to like?

I’ve been saying it for a year now. If I were to ever buy a new P-car, it would be the 718 Cayman GTS4.0.

And if you’re hungry for power, now that they make the GT4RS with the 911 GT3 engine squeezed in there? Now that’s a proper fast car.

Yes.

I didn't like the looks of the Supra. And I wanted a convertible.

I was looking at the 718 Boxster GTS 4.0 but it was $20k and not much faster. And Boxster S was a bit more, but paying that much for a turbo 4 didn't sit right with me.

The engines in those Z4s and Supras seem to have been very underrated. Which is why the 718 GTS didn’t feel much faster.

2+2 and trunk space are things im supposed to care about when buying a Porsche? Lol ya, I'm buying the 911 (if I wasn't poor). Anything less than that and I'm buying a Corvette.

2+2 and trunk space are things im supposed to care about when buying a Porsche? Lol ya, I'm buying the 911 (if I wasn't poor). Anything less than that and I'm buying a Corvette.

Sure, if you like overheating and balsa wood if C7 or earlier. :laughing

j/k Until the C8 (with it's questionable rear styling), the Corvettes have done nothing for me.

911s have gotten so absurdly overpriced (along with all Porsches) the past 10-15 years. Just a base stripped 911 Carrera still starts at over $100k. If you’re smart you get the Carrera S. After just a sprinkling of options it’s a $150k car. For about an even hundert grand the Cayman GTS is way better. If you can live with the harder ride, for about $120-130k the Cayman GT4 will shit all over that Carrera S.

To get a 911 that’s really proper fast like a GT3, it’s a $200k car with some options now. Which is insane. Might as well make it an even quarter mil and get something with some real flex like a Aston, base McLaren 570, or even a base Huracàn.

Or of course a Viper ACR and just destroy everything on a track if you’ve got the skills to handle it.

I believe that. I haven't real world shopped them for a very long time. For me it'd be a purchase that I could only enjoy a few days a year, and even at MSRP that's stupid money to spend for such limited usage. I'll stick to clapped out Camaros

Back