• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

Good point Rob. Pick a GREAT place to live. If it's AZ, so be it...but man, that's not my great place...

Except for the occasional hurricane! :wow

We're looking at 65 up to 85MPH gusts down here in SoCal this weekend.

Thankfully, we can weather these while the earthquakes rock our houses.

Pretty sure I've been hit with at least 1 3+ earthquake a month in the past 3 months.

And by "hit" I mean epicenter < 5 miles away.

Umm, that's why you bought a pistol, no? :laughing

I have a feeling the walls and floors of the house will look like swiss cheese after a couple years, unless I get locked up right away for a round going through to a neighbor’s house.

But man oh man is AZ ever a nice state to have a pistol. Can just walk around strapped and nobody bats an eye.

Good point Rob. Pick a GREAT place to live. If it's AZ, so be it...but man, that's not my great place...

You mentioned SoCal. The wife floated Temecula awhile back. Not sure where that came about. But seems nice. Not sure if it’s really that much cheaper to own a house there than it is here though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220121-142012_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220121-142012_Gallery.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20220121-142016_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220121-142016_Gallery.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 19
And after Riding Foresthill...the next day this Dead one fell out of my Boots..
Now I Allways Knock My boots empty!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220121-143016_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220121-143016_Gallery.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 17
You mentioned SoCal. The wife floated Temecula awhile back. Not sure where that came about. But seems nice. Not sure if it’s really that much cheaper to own a house there than it is here though.

Oh nononononono.....SC: South Carolina. SoCal is STILL CA and anyone who can and will leave makes me feel dumber every day. South Carolina on the coast is amazing. I wish I had a reason to move there right now.

Oh nononononono.....SC: South Carolina. SoCal is STILL CA and anyone who can and will leave makes me feel dumber every day. South Carolina on the coast is amazing. I wish I had a reason to move there right now.

Like Myrtle Beach or some other part of the coast?

How are the summers inland? I did a summer and stayed outside of Atlanta when I was a kid. Ho. Ly. Shieeet! 110-115 in the shade and stifling humidity. I couldn’t handle that. At least AZ would be dry heat.

AZ has Prescott Valley and Sedona, which is pretty livable.

My Mom lived in Tombstone, that was livable as well. I spent a couple of weeks there in July and it was fine, she have air conditioning. (Not that I'm suggesting living in Tombstone, it's really small -- and the food is terrible! lol).

But, the basic point being, AZ != Phoenix Valley, where it gets so how you need to row a boat across the molten asphalt in the summer.

And the weather is really pretty nice during the monsoon season in the summer.

My Mom really liked Tombstone. Sierra Vista is the closest big city. ("big") And, not even counting the whole Earps thing, you are smack dab in the middle of some American West history right there.

My Mom lived in Tombstone, that was livable as well. I spent a couple of weeks there in July and it was fine, she have air conditioning. (Not that I'm suggesting living in Tombstone, it's really small -- and the food is terrible! lol).

But, the basic point being, AZ != Phoenix Valley, where it gets so how you need to row a boat across the molten asphalt in the summer.

My Mom really liked Tombstone. Sierra Vista is the closest big city. ("big") And, not even counting the whole Earps thing, you are smack dab in the middle of some American West history right there.

The MIL lives in Green Valley, so I know small Arizona towns pretty well.

We were looking at like outskirts of Tucson or Phoenix type places. Dove Mountain, Oro Valley (both East of Tucson), I have buddies that moved to Vistancia and Cave Creek (which are both pretty much North of Phoenix), and I maybe wouldn’t run out a little close to Phoenix like Peoria. She’s going to retire. But I’m still going to work, so being kinda close to the population centers is a priority.

The key to heat in Az, is elevation.
Flag @ 7 k, highs in the 90's
Jerome @ 5 k might break 100
Sedona @ 4 k, low 100's
Cottonwood @ 3 k, below 110
Bullhead City @ 800 ' 120+

My MIL’s town of Green Valley is right around 3000’ so it’s definitely not the worst of AZ. A little over 2 years ago, I almost bought a plot of land in a new development in Stone House, which is on the other side of I-19 from Green Valley. Would have been about 2/3 acre, with the back of it bordering miles and miles of snakes, scorpions, spiders, and assorted four legged nasties the Santa Rita Wildlife Preserve, with a super tall mountain in the background. In the wintertime it’d look like a Bob Ross painting.

When we would have been getting close to leaving here, could have had a custom home built there. Only problem was it would have been a bit of a commute into Tucson everyday for me since I’d still be working.

My buddy had a house built for him in Prescott Valley in one of the new tracks out there. Around $225k I believe for .25 acre and 3/2 maybe 1800sqft.

We went there for the wedding, kind of a No Country for Old Men feel.

He sold and made about $90k and did the same thing somewhere in Georgia.

I wouldn’t mind buying and renting it out in Prescott Valley. It sill be nice in 5+ years.

Flagstaff gets 4 seasons. What about that?

My kids are 4 and 8 now.

This is my new dad shuttle. I want them to enjoy a V8 while we still got 'em.

2022 X5M. Excluding the Teslas I bought , this is the first time i've paid MSRP for a car - ever.. Crazy times we live in.

Attachments

• 20220120_165418_resized.jpg
    20220120_165418_resized.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Congrats. But damn bro, you’ve been slipping. I’d say it’s been at least a couple years since you’ve bought a new car!

Those things are obnoxiously fast for a SUV. Sound lovely too.

Congrats. But damn bro, you’ve been slipping. I’d say it’s been at least a couple years since you’ve bought a new car!

Those things are obnoxiously fast for a SUV. Sound lovely too.

haha thanks man. I hope you are doing well.

I actually stopped posting for a bit, but there has been a few cars I never posted!

Back