• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

I will say this about the P-cars. Unlike an Aston, McLaren, or Lambo, you can actually daily those things. Decent enough storage and they are reliable enough.

But then again, Corvettes do that too and are damn near half the price.

I will say this about the P-cars. Unlike an Aston, McLaren, or Lambo, you can actually daily those things. Decent enough storage and they are reliable enough.

But then again, Corvettes do that too and are damn near half the price.

I've been thinking about my next car. For shits and grins I plugged the Cayman GT4S into my auto insurance calculator. The cost to insure it is 2x what I'm currently paying for 4 cars and 4 motorcycles.

The ZR1 is looking better and better...

It’s upgrade time!

After debating selling my 50 year 1,100lb 16” 5hp Powermatic planer and buying a 20” spiral head planer, I decide to replace the cutterhead in mine. Cheaper and also makes mine worth more if I do decide to sell it.

Out with the 3 knife head that’s a pain to adjust and in with go a new 16” head, new bearings and 108 4-sided carbide cutters. I’ll never have to adjust the height of the head once set. Just rotate the carbide cutters when dull 1/4 turn and keep going.

Gonna be a weekend project pulling the old one but should be fun.

The ZR1 is looking better and better...

A new record what one hammered for at Mecum this past weekend. $270 + fees. 11 miles on it, ZTK track package, but surprisingly…the automatic transmission. Typically the manual cars have been selling for $10-25k more than autos the past year or so.

You could get a “typical” one for $150-175k right now. I’ll never sell mine, but if you want a ride to be sure you want to lay out that kind of scratch, you know where to find me.

And mine costs a whopping $550 a year to full cover.

Last edited:
In my defense... it's pretty...

Attachments

• 61zoPROIbjL._AC_SL1200_.jpg
    61zoPROIbjL._AC_SL1200_.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 17
Oh and while I’m here. After being jelly of those jackets with the yellow embroidered ovals on them for years and years in the motorcycling world, I finally bought a Vanson.

Of course I don’t even have a bike right now, and this isn’t even a riding jacket. But I finally got one.

23049.jpg

Except that one doesn't have the embroidered yellow ovals on it! :laughing

Yeah I know and I prefer it for what I’ll be wearing it for. The yellow ovals only come on their actual riding jackets. This is out of the “casual” line. No pre curved arms, no armor pockets, etc. Whenever the hell we move outta the area and buy a bigger house with a proper 3+ car garage, I’ll get a bike again and then I’ll damn sure get the yellow oval jacket.

It’s upgrade time!

After debating selling my 50 year 1,100lb 16” 5hp Powermatic planer and buying a 20” spiral head planer, I decide to replace the cutterhead in mine. Cheaper and also makes mine worth more if I do decide to sell it.

Out with the 3 knife head that’s a pain to adjust and in with go a new 16” head, new bearings and 108 4-sided carbide cutters. I’ll never have to adjust the height of the head once set. Just rotate the carbide cutters when dull 1/4 turn and keep going.

Gonna be a weekend project pulling the old one but should be fun.

Very swanky.

Oh and while I’m here. After being jelly of those jackets with the yellow embroidered ovals on them for years and years in the motorcycling world, I finally bought a Vanson.

Of course I don’t even have a bike right now, and this isn’t even a riding jacket. But I finally got one.

23049.jpg

Damn.....

I'm right there with you about being bikeless. That jacket works.

23049.jpg

Nice! My first riding jacket was a custom made Vanson, the Swedish Police motorcycle model with a gray wool interior. I ordered it through TT Motors in Berkeley in 1987. I still have it, and it still looks great :thumbup

Believe it. The plan is to blow town with all the equity we’ve made and use it to cash buy a decent sized house, probably in AZ (yes I know I’m going to fucking melt). She has to have a pool. Fine. I want solar to offset the A/C running all the damn time. No objection from her. And at a minimum a 3 car garage. But hopefully one of those giant RV garages. I wouldn’t buy an RV, but I could easily put a lift in there, with room to park at least a couple cars and a bike and still room for more.

Last edited:
Solid plan. But, AZ? At that point, how about SC coast? Probably one of the nicest places in the country for location/ weather, etc, IMO...

Solid plan. But, AZ? At that point, how about SC coast? Probably one of the nicest places in the country for location/ weather, etc, IMO...

Except for the occasional hurricane! :wow

The MIL lives a little South of Tucson. I imagine the wife wants to be closer to take care of her. Which begs the question, why don’t we just move wherever and just move the MIL in with us? That way we’re not tied to Arizona where there is a distinct possibility I have a full blown freak out the instant I find a scorpion in the house.

Back