• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

Montana LLC that thing Stan!

I wish I was smart enough to do any of that years ago. Would have saved me a ton of $$.

I'm over the stage of changing cars every year tho. I really wanted an RS6 Wagon, but i'm sure you know how it goes.

I do and it sucks...watched a super nice 2021 red one go (auction) about a year ago. Still regret that (somewhat).

IYKYK

picture.php

Ordered a new helmet and had to wait a few weeks for it to come from the EU. Went to go pick it up from the D-store, and brought the boy with so he could get a new suit and helmet for the upcoming track season. I tell him to go over and pick out a helmet from the display while I waited in line to get helped.
He walks back with the new Pista Futuro, the same helmet that I had ordered. I guess the nut doesn’t fall to far from the tree.

Attachments

• AA52A43E-FE80-4022-A2DB-75CB40B222AB.jpg
    AA52A43E-FE80-4022-A2DB-75CB40B222AB.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 27
Ordered a new helmet and had to wait a few weeks for it to come from the EU. Went to go pick it up from the D-store, and brought the boy with so he could get a new suit and helmet for the upcoming track season. I tell him to go over and pick out a helmet from the display while I waited in line to get helped.
He walks back with the new Pista Futuro, the same helmet that I had ordered. I guess the nut doesn’t fall to far from the tree.

I love my AGV flip face carbon fiber helmet. It's by far the most favorite helmet I've owned. If I was still doing track days I would go with the Pista in CF.

Believe it. The plan is to blow town with all the equity we’ve made and use it to cash buy a decent sized house, probably in AZ (yes I know I’m going to fucking melt). She has to have a pool. Fine. I want solar to offset the A/C running all the damn time. No objection from her. And at a minimum a 3 car garage. But hopefully one of those giant RV garages. I wouldn’t buy an RV, but I could easily put a lift in there, with room to park at least a couple cars and a bike and still room for more.

Solid plan. But, AZ? At that point, how about SC coast? Probably one of the nicest places in the country for location/ weather, etc, IMO...

I'm a little late in your conversation, but I moved my family up to southern Oregon just last year. (Central Point. 33 miles across the border on I-5) It's not as cheap as many areas in the county, but it's a world better than the Bay Area!

Sold a mobile home down there for about the same price as a stick home up here. $395k got us a typical 1650sq/ft, 3bed/2bath 2car Suburban home with a decent sized yard.(That I'll be building a shop in) The house and neighborhood was built in '99, so pretty modern code specs. Utilities are basically half of San Jose costs.

The weather is basically like Modesto/Sacramento-ish, although we're at 1300ft. So we'll often get a couple inches of snow, but never feet of it. And our valley gets a similar amount of rainfall.

I was worried my family wouldn't like it, as I'm the only one who's lived anywhere but the Bay Area. They love all of it.

We don't need more folks in Southern Oregon! :laughing

It's horrible here. Trust me.

Hmm... maybe I'm thinking of somewhere else after all... Just got my wisdom teeth pulled... must be the drugs!
:rofl

I'm a little late in your conversation, but I moved my family up to southern Oregon just last year. (Central Point. 33 miles across the border on I-5) It's not as cheap as many areas in the county, but it's a world better than the Bay Area!

Sold a mobile home down there for about the same price as a stick home up here. $395k got us a typical 1650sq/ft, 3bed/2bath 2car Suburban home with a decent sized yard.(That I'll be building a shop in) The house and neighborhood was built in '99, so pretty modern code specs. Utilities are basically half of San Jose costs.

The weather is basically like Modesto/Sacramento-ish, although we're at 1300ft. So we'll often get a couple inches of snow, but never feet of it. And our valley gets a similar amount of rainfall.

I was worried my family wouldn't like it, as I'm the only one who's lived anywhere but the Bay Area. They love all of it.

Actually get snow at 1300ft? Wow.

My standing rule with the wife for wherever we wind up? I don’t ever want to own a snow shovel. Ever. And I will not be treated like an invalid by having someone pump my own gas. Unfortunately that. Second one rules out the entire state there. So you all can rest easy, I won’t be joining you all up there.

Last edited:
Don't worry, you don't need a snow shovel for two inches. :p

And maybe don't let the gas station guy challenge your manhood. :laughing

Last summer on an epic Oregon coast trip the first station I pulled in to I asked the girl you still doing that? Yep

The next station the dude said I could pump my own fuel. Apparently the attendant pump rule only applies to gasoline. If you are diesel you can pump your own. For the rest of the trip while in Oregon I pumped my own. I don't like anyone touching my stuff. Yep, even pumping fuel in to my vehicle.

Do they pump gas in to MC's, or is that self serve?

Last summer on an epic Oregon coast trip the first station I pulled in to I asked the girl you still doing that? Yep

The next station the dude said I could pump my own fuel. Apparently the attendant pump rule only applies to gasoline. If you are diesel you can pump your own. For the rest of the trip while in Oregon I pumped my own. I don't like anyone touching my stuff. Yep, even pumping fuel in to my vehicle.

Do they pump gas in to MC's, or is that self serve?

Motorcycles..classic cars .and cities with a higher population pump there own...
And some smaller stations can change the rules depending on how many employees they have that day...

Last edited:
Actually get snow at 1300ft? Wow.

It snowed here yesterday, we're at 1380 feet (according to my phone), San Gabriel foothills.

Mind, I'm being very, very pedantic on what "snowing" means.

It was, indeed, snow. Little white snow blobs. Not hail, not pointy flakes, little snow blobs.

But it was definitely snow.

If we had left the house 5m earlier or later, we would have missed it.

But it did, indeed, snow here yesterday.

Back