• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

I got an eyeball on a blue one in Parker, too.

Thinking about buying a blue tank for my red one,
Red White & Blue, I need to check $$ for one.

Is it true? 5 speeds now?

Last edited:
Indeed. Five speeds and ABS are standard on 2022+ Monkeys but blue is not an available color for 2022 anyway. I bought a leftover 2021 with no ABS (saved a ton) so it's the ol' four speed for me. Still, after putting nearly 100 miles on it today, I can't imagine how a fifth gear would actually help. There's barely enough power to keep it at 50 with me on-board and I'm only 215 pounds! A fifth gear just seems entirely superfluous. I was constantly knocking it back down into third on the slightest of hills! :laughing

Last edited:
So, pretty much like mine, + new color.
I looked for non ABS from the start (dirt). Phoenix told me that I "wanted" a yellow one for the non ABS. That lasted until I got to Vegas, where I found non ABS in red.
They had an ABS in red, in Parker 50 miles away back in '19, the one that got me lusting.
I didn't check the blue one for ABS, though I drooled over the blue, , ,

5 speed should knock back the gaps between gears, and shift up to gain speed easier on a grade.
I have seen 57, flat, no wind, real hard to tuck in out of the breeze.
I had issues of bottoming out both ends (260#), made it kind of a toy to be careful with, until I upgraded suspension.
It turned into a real, usable, easy to carry, moto.

Last edited:
Yeah I've already been doing research on suspension upgrades for the rear, for sure. Luckily, it's a common upgrade and the aftermarket is chock full of options.

Apparently the 5-speed gearbox does spread the ratios out more which should definitely help...but you still have only about 9.5 HP on a good day. There's only so much a gearbox can do to help at that point. :laughing

I just upgraded to this

Attachments

• miller350presize2.jpg
    miller350presize2.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 24
So I don't have pics yet but just put a down payment on the dream workshop. I have been waiting for this for years.

It is a 30wx50lx16h shop with a 12x12 roll up door and one regular walk in door which will be located under a 13ft wide by 50ft long and 16ft high overhang. It will have a 4 inch concrete pad under all of it including the overhang. I am still debating on whether I will get a 2 post car lift for it but I will be putting a 2wx13lx6in deep footer in the most likely location of the lift just in case I decide I want one later. Also going to have a 2700CFM fan put in the wall opposite the roll up door for ventilation on those hot muggy southern Louisiana nights.

I got it 16ft high so that I will have 8ft for the bottom shop stuff and then about 7 feet for the second level perimeter storage area. Also plan on putting a 2 level 10x40 fully enclosed area with heat/cool for a finishing room with exhaust and then an upstairs office/drafting/3d printer room. Now its time to plan 200A electrical, hot/cold water, sewage, and network but I have about 4 months to get that ready so going to be busy.

Once it starts going up I will post some pics.

A move to the Dark Side is complete.

11k miles, and most of the modifications I would have done, are already installed. I was surprised at how easily I was able to switch to reverse-shift (an upgraded shift linkage was already installed).

Attachments

• F7546455-CE8B-4EAA-9040-89E572997F33.jpg
    F7546455-CE8B-4EAA-9040-89E572997F33.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 27
Why does it have a reverse shift?

To match the rest of my streetbikes.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away…I switched to reverse-shift on my race bike because I needed to upshift in the middle of a turn, and there wasn’t enough space for my foot between the shift lever and the ground. Once I switched on the race bike, I swapped the streetbike as well. I wanted to avoid crashing due to back shifting either motorcycle. That was 22 years ago, I’m not swapping back to standard shift.

Don't leave us hanging too long...!

A move to the Dark Side is complete.

11k miles, and most of the modifications I would have done, are already installed. I was surprised at how easily I was able to switch to reverse-shift (an upgraded shift linkage was already installed).

Sickness with reverse shiftness!

dope, didn't u just buy a honda not that long ago?

Hey thanks. Funny thing happened... I went down a super moto conversion rabbit hole with that bike... we're talking full monty used but brand new never installed Warp 9 wheels with follow up order of every slider and other super moto piece available from Warp 9. Sad thing was 1/2 way through my first cart day on it I thought "oh shoot, why did I do this? I want to play in the dirt not on the pavement...."

I wasn't super happy with it, but I figured I was stuck with it. Then... as luck would have it, the perfect buyer appeared who not only wanted all the other mods done, but also wanted to go super moto and bought all that stuff too. I BROKE EVEN!!! YAY!!!!

He's thrilled with what he got, and I'm delighted to have converted that investment into the KTM pictured above :) :ride:ride:ride

Last edited:
Wow. Dream shop. Subscribed. I hope you will post photos of the build. I would love to follow along. Maybe start your own build thread for this beauty???

So I don't have pics yet but just put a down payment on the dream workshop. I have been waiting for this for years.

It is a 30wx50lx16h shop with a 12x12 roll up door and one regular walk in door which will be located under a 13ft wide by 50ft long and 16ft high overhang. It will have a 4 inch concrete pad under all of it including the overhang. I am still debating on whether I will get a 2 post car lift for it but I will be putting a 2wx13lx6in deep footer in the most likely location of the lift just in case I decide I want one later. Also going to have a 2700CFM fan put in the wall opposite the roll up door for ventilation on those hot muggy southern Louisiana nights.

I got it 16ft high so that I will have 8ft for the bottom shop stuff and then about 7 feet for the second level perimeter storage area. Also plan on putting a 2 level 10x40 fully enclosed area with heat/cool for a finishing room with exhaust and then an upstairs office/drafting/3d printer room. Now its time to plan 200A electrical, hot/cold water, sewage, and network but I have about 4 months to get that ready so going to be busy.

Don't leave us hanging too long...!

Ha! 14 week lead time on materials so it will be a bit. Now comes the hard part the waiting.

Wow. Dream shop. Subscribed. I hope you will post photos of the build. I would love to follow along. Maybe start your own build thread for this beauty???

Hmm that sounds like a good idea. I will be planning utilities while waiting for the materials and hopefully running some trenches to get them from the house to the workshop but have to dodge all the ones already in the yard for the house so it should be interesting. I might also try and do a Sketchup of the interior so you guys get an idea of what I am thinking and maybe I will get some feedback on the design and make changes based on said feedback.

Ha! 14 week lead time on materials so it will be a bit. Now comes the hard part the waiting.

Hmm that sounds like a good idea. I will be planning utilities while waiting for the materials and hopefully running some trenches to get them from the house to the workshop but have to dodge all the ones already in the yard for the house so it should be interesting. I might also try and do a Sketchup of the interior so you guys get an idea of what I am thinking and maybe I will get some feedback on the design and make changes based on said feedback.

Is this going to be a red iron framed metal building?

Back