• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

Ha! 14 week lead time on materials so it will be a bit. Now comes the hard part the waiting.

Ah brah....that's GOOD time! Let's hope they hold up their end of the schedule. I've got two project with shit torn apart (commercial) and can't get delivery dates. They'll send half of the order (wall corner tile and not straight wall tile) and not give an ETA. Part of one of the lobby's is torn apart and putting the new doors in has taken about 9 months since ordering. I'm gonna send you all my good luck since clearly I don't need it!!!

Ah brah....that's GOOD time! Let's hope they hold up their end of the schedule. I've got two project with shit torn apart (commercial) and can't get delivery dates. They'll send half of the order (wall corner tile and not straight wall tile) and not give an ETA. Part of one of the lobby's is torn apart and putting the new doors in has taken about 9 months since ordering. I'm gonna send you all my good luck since clearly I don't need it!!!

Oh God don't think I need that kind of luck. :wow

I was just checking prices and god damn 2/0 wire for 200 amp service is like $4 a foot for single strand. That shit is going to cost an arm and a leg. Trying to source a 3 conductor spool but all I am seeing is for aluminum. Sigh so much to do and now 14 weeks doesn't seem that long after all.

Everything has gone batshit on pricing. My electric (just fixtures) for upstairs/ downstairs/ outside lobby went from about $40K to 70K, roughly. What???

On the "what did I buy": one of my favorite ads to my Gym:

Monkeyfeet!

https://animalhousefitness.com/?gcl...mcoV5p3FFGZcphuYbkBYSCq6tbK5B7HRoCtTQQAvD_BwE

MF-06.jpg

I've been using them about a month now. Dumbell is rock solid and stays put even if side loading the boot. I'd give it a solid 5 stars on build and design. Getting the thing latched takes more time than I'd like (think wakeboard binding), but it's worth it. I have to say; one of the best inventions I've not known I needed until now.

kz9Sty9.png

adding a couple bands to the 'shack'...radio is 1.25m and 2m, antennas are triband 2m/1.25m/70cm and 6m/2m/70cm. One more radio is currently in the mailbox...running to get it tomorrow (Yaesu VX-7R triband).

Tried for another DMR radio, but the price went quickly past "hey, this is a good deal" to "why would i pay this much for a used one, when a new one with 2 batteries instead of 1, and a warranty, is like $30 more?" territory before it ended.

Got this Yaesu FTM-10R a couple of months ago, adding it to my GSA via a plastic box from a Dremel-ish tool. Need to add the antenna, power, and line to the head unit.

Attachments

• Moto-Mobile in a box interior.jpg
    Moto-Mobile in a box interior.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 33
What is that Peter?

https://lmgtfy.app/?q=yaesu+ftm-10r

:teeth

It's a ham radio by Yaesu, specifically designed for "mobile", in this case, motorcycle usage. The main body pictured isn't completely weatherproof, hence the box, but the "head" assembly with handheld microphone, is almost 100% weatherproof. I need to run the CAT5/6 cable from the body to the handlebars, the power to ground & positive power, and a coaxial cable to the antenna, to be mounted to the pannier rack. Issues are antenna length vs. power applied to it, i.e. how long should the antenna be to have max broadcast & receive. I've got a few antennas, so I hope that one will fit the bill.

Good writeups on antenna length here - https://www.antenna-theory.com/antennas/main.php
and https://www.antenna-theory.com/antennas/halfwave.php

I'm safety-minded enough to only use it while parked, I don't want/need the distraction of some rag-chewer on the air to help me lose focus and all that noise.

It's something I'm configuring for my bike especially for the ADVRider.com Death Valley N00b Rally this coming weekend (24-27 March). There's going to be somewhere around 180 dirt/ADV types for the rally this year. :teeth :party

I'm safety-minded enough to only use it while parked

So, the only value over a portable unit is that you don't have to set it up to use it while parked? Does that save much time? Or does this have a larger, more unwieldy antenna that's better mounted to the bike?

Technically, it is portable and being transported on the bike. :teeth

I'm also bringing my Yaesu FT-60R HT, but the FTM will have more range given the available power (bike battery vs. HT battery) and larger antenna. :thumbup

Last edited:
New cloth upholstery for the 1994 Miata with 191k miles on it.

191k miles for seats in a car that sat outside from 1994 till 2020 isn't a bad run.

Before and after.

Attachments

• Seats_2 resize.jpg
    Seats_2 resize.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 2022_March_resize.jpg
    2022_March_resize.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 26
Looks like a nice job GAJ, how much was it?

I think a lot of folks give up on vehicles due to cosmetics that can be fixed.

We had a Ford Fusion that the headliner just started to come apart, and we looking at I guess $200 to have someone put it back. Wife ended up deciding to get a new car instead (but not for that reason).

Looks like a nice job GAJ, how much was it?

I think a lot of folks give up on vehicles due to cosmetics that can be fixed.

We had a Ford Fusion that the headliner just started to come apart, and we looking at I guess $200 to have someone put it back. Wife ended up deciding to get a new car instead (but not for that reason).

Not cheap at $1200 but the materials are as good as the original which laste 190k miles.

Tons of leather "ready made" options out there but no quality fabric ones.

No way am I putting leather in a convertible just to save a few bucks! :wtf

My wife is a hoarder collector. :laughing
I got tired of paying fee's for a storage unit... so I bought one.
At the current rate we were paying (which goes up about twice a year), it will be free and clear in 20 months.

Attachments

• 3231.JPG
    3231.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 3232.JPG
    3232.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 24
At the current rate we were paying (which goes up about twice a year), it will be free and clear in 20 months.

Nice... Can you share some details please

Size, Material and appx cost

Thank you

assuming you can contain it to that one building and don't have to put the overflow back in storage... :twofinger

storage has to be one of the biggest scams ever. scam is the wrong word. but people pay thousands and thousands of dollars over a lifetime to store their precious dust collection. i did it for a while between residences when i was a single guy. giant waste of money!

sweet shed though!

Back