• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

Nice... Can you share some details please

Size, Material and appx cost

Thank you

It's 11'x18', with a 8'x8' roll-up door. Metal building with a little bit of roof insulation/barrier.
It'll get hot in there in the summer, but so did he storage unit.
Building was $6k... the slab was $800 (I got a deal cuz he was doing my patio anyway)

assuming you can contain it to that one building and don't have to put the overflow back in storage... :twofinger

storage has to be one of the biggest scams ever. scam is the wrong word. but people pay thousands and thousands of dollars over a lifetime to store their precious dust collection. i did it for a while between residences when i was a single guy. giant waste of money!

sweet shed though!

Never again!! This was our first experience with commercial storage. We were only in it for 10 months. In that time there were two price increases! Even at the original price, that was a painful payment for me to make. Talk about throwing money away. I'll never go near one of those places again. :laughing

We bought a 10'x8' Lifetime shed (https://www.lifetime.com/lifetime-60178-10-ft-x-8-ft-outdoor-storage-shed) for $1,700, and didn't buy the recommended $579 metal foundation, opting for a lumber (pressure treated) 2x4s & 3/4" plywood base. Yeah, lumber is almost as expensive as the metal foundation. :rolleyes

The three sheets of plywood were soaked with the preservatives and water and took days of sun to dry them out. One sheet was cut into two 2' x 8' pieces. Next week I'll wrap the sheets in Tyvek, build the foundation (2 each 2"x4"x10' and 9 each 2"x4"x8"), lay the wrapped sheets on top, then start putting the shed together. Yay. Shold be "fun".

Then put in some 4'x30"x6' metal shelving and move stuff out of the garage to the shed or the dump, it's a coin toss at this moment. Lots of projects collecting dust. First world problems, right?

We bought a 10'x8' Lifetime shed

I bought one almost 10 years ago. 3 years ago we bought the extension kit when we moved to a new place. It's a great shed, and the company is top notch. I lost a couple things and one of the windows cracked and when I called to buy replacements, they sent them for free.

It's 11'x18', with a 8'x8' roll-up door. Metal building with a little bit of roof insulation/barrier.
It'll get hot in there in the summer, but so did he storage unit.
Building was $6k... the slab was $800 (I got a deal cuz he was doing my patio anyway)

Where did you purchase it from?

We bought a 10'x8' Lifetime shed (https://www.lifetime.com/lifetime-60178-10-ft-x-8-ft-outdoor-storage-shed) for $1,700, and didn't buy the recommended $579 metal foundation, opting for a lumber (pressure treated) 2x4s & 3/4" plywood base. Yeah, lumber is almost as expensive as the metal foundation. :rolleyes
I have one of those on the other side of the yard for my garden equipment. :laughing

Where did you purchase it from?
This place...
https://californiaallsteel.com/storage-building/
They weren't bad, except 4-6 weeks turned into 9 weeks, but you know... covid. :rolleyes
The quality is very good. I'm especially happy with the doors, smooth and solid operation. The roll-up door is lightly sprung, so super easy to open.

Last edited:
I have one of those on the other side of the yard for my garden equipment. :laughing

This place...
https://californiaallsteel.com/storage-building/
They weren't bad, except 4-6 weeks turned into 9 weeks, but you know... covid. :rolleyes
The quality is very good. I'm especially happy with the doors, smooth and solid operation. The roll-up door is lightly sprung, so super easy to open.

My wife is a hoarder collector. :laughing
I got tired of paying fee's for a storage unit... so I bought one.
At the current rate we were paying (which goes up about twice a year), it will be free and clear in 20 months.

Fill it with bikes and tools before she can move the junk and sell the storage stuff at a garage sale to fund the bikes and tools.:rofl

Fill it with bikes and tools before she can move the junk and sell the storage stuff at a garage sale to fund the bikes and tools.:rofl

Trust me, there's plenty of space for bikes and tools... I have 3 other out-buildings, and the garage full of my stuff! :laughing
This one is entirely her space. She get's a lot of enjoyment out of all those "treasures".
We've been married 35 years this weekend. I figure if that's her worst habit, I'm a pretty lucky guy. :teeth

How dare you. My items are all necessities! Next you'll say I don't need to have 5 electric drills because I always use a cordless drill... or something crazy like that. :x

I have so many tools I have hoarded/collected I gave my grandson a complete starter set of wrenching tools and enough woodworking tools to start him off including router, circular saw, impact driver, drills and all the assorted bits and crap to get him started.

I have so much shit I had to get a workshop built just so I can park cars in my garage although the project car will probably go into the workshop for now also. It has a 14 week lead time so pictures will be posted sometime around june/july. I need to get started on a sketchup for it so I can start planning power and plumbing.

My wife is a hoarder collector. :laughing
I got tired of paying fee's for a storage unit... so I bought one.
At the current rate we were paying (which goes up about twice a year), it will be free and clear in 20 months.

Nice :thumbup , I just recently did the same type thing but for myself. I needed a "He" shed to store my hot rod since Im limited on garage space so I went this route. I already had a storage unit for home shit out back so I added to the compound. :laughing

12 x 16, wood construction with metal roof, double floor joists to hold a car, ramps, roll up door and one window. I had them spray foam insulate the ceiling and I insulated and sheet rocked the walls.

main.php

main.php

main.php

Last edited:
Added to the spending spree was new counters and sink/faucet.

main.php

main.php

Last edited:
My pics or others?

Shows up for me even when I log in as a guest from a different computer :nchantr

Back