• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

Had the old redwood deck removed and old concrete busted out, new concrete poured and Travetine put in.

There is a newer redwood deck adjacent.

Liking it.

Waiting till next week after an acid wash to return everything to the area; upside down flower pot with copper top is where the Nat Gas line comes out for a Fire Bowl to be installed next week.

The copper top will fit on the Fire Bowl when not in use.

Attachments

• rsz_deck_new_2.jpg
    rsz_deck_new_2.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 39
That looks like a nice decking option.

That got laid on a concrete base?

It appears to be a no grout install?

Was this a DIY project or contractor/handyman installation?

We have concrete pool decking to be replaced so looking at all options.

Thanks.

That looks like a nice decking option.

That got laid on a concrete base?

It appears to be a no grout install?

Was this a DIY project or contractor/handyman installation?

We have concrete pool decking to be replaced so looking at all options.

Thanks.

Yes, they had to bust out the old 1950s concrete as it was not in great shape and was much lower than the 1980s concrete section near the french doors.

No grout install done by a great company I got as a reco from SBI materials in Windsor.

Way way way above my skill level and all that heavy as f*ck Travertine and associated mortar had to be moved by wheelbarrow from the driveway in front of the house.

Cost was $10k for materials (720 sq/ft) and $20k for labor which I thought was very reasonable based on what friends and family have paid for far far less work using concrete or pavers.

Here's a "before" photo of the old deck so you can see the newer concrete pad area (on the right in this photo) they were able to use in laying the tile.

My wife insists I organize the stuff in a less cluttered fashion moving forward so the two ancient wood "boxes" are long gone as are all the pots juts laying around. :laughing

Attachments

• Decks_1_50.jpg
    Decks_1_50.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Why spend $95+ on a Ridge Wallet when I can get a knockoff for $30. LOL

I stuck all my cards in there just to get an idea of how thick it can get. This will force me to pair down my cards.

t8cUwA.jpg

t8cFzq.jpg

t8cf6D.jpg

t8cXtM.jpg

Last edited:
Got the nat gas fire pit up and running on the new patio.

Even 50 degree evenings will now be pleasant out there.

Attachments

• Fire bowl (3).jpg
    Fire bowl (3).jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 25
Two neat things! That wallet's pretty nifty Yoda.

Love the outdoor layout Geoff!

My Birthday present to myself. I've wanted this for years..

BE Professional 1500 PSI (Electric Cold Water) Wall Mount Pressure Washer w/ Auto Stop-Start. 2HP 2GP. Thing's a beast compared to the old AR wheeled unit.

Washes take almost half as long now.

Attachments

• IMG_5822.jpeg
    IMG_5822.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 36
Two neat things! That wallet's pretty nifty Yoda.

Love the outdoor layout Geoff!

Thanks Berto.

My wife got tired of the rats under the old redwood deck trying to get under the house as they did once, so completely her idea.

Came out great and would do it again. :thumbup

Two things we added this year that we should have done a long time ago.

Nat Gas outdoor fire pit and whole house fan.

Our 1950s home doesn't have central heat or a/c which is fine but these two items will definitely improve our comfort and, at my age, comfort is a major goal! :laughing

BE Professional 1500 PSI (Electric Cold Water) Wall Mount Pressure Washer w/ Auto Stop-Start. 2HP 2GP. Thing's a beast compared to the old AR wheeled unit.

Very cool.

We had an industrial electric power washer at work and it was so much better than the crap you get at Home Depot.

Enjoy.

Enjoying the hell out of it already Geoff.

Your setup would look perfect with the bulb LED lights Costco sells...they're really neat. Hook them up with a KASA bluetooth controller ($20 or so IIRC) and you've got a perfect sanctuary.

Your setup would look perfect with the bulb LED lights Costco sells...they're really neat. Hook them up with a KASA bluetooth controller ($20 or so IIRC) and you've got a perfect sanctuary.

One of my buddies did that but they are incandescent I think and when he turns them on it will trip the breaker randomly. Makes me laugh when the lights go out in the house. LED is the way to go for that.

We have the incandescent version but no bluetooth.

They work just fine the few times a year we use them and we bought them maybe four years ago and not a single bulb has failed.

If you look closely at the photo you can see them hanging from the trellis.

They came in handy when the masons showed up for work at 7:30 and it was dark!

Glad you are getting solid use out of that very nice pressure washer.

One of my buddies did that but they are incandescent I think and when he turns them on it will trip the breaker randomly. Makes me laugh when the lights go out in the house. LED is the way to go for that.

The Incandescent ones burn a fair amount more KW's I think...the LED's are the way to go for longevity too. Totally agree.

Geoff: looks like you've got things squared perfect for summer!

You running a super duper long wand there or am I seeing things?

You running a super duper long wand there or am I seeing things?

No, you're on it. It's super long...came with the unit. Not sure why, but works and reluctant to spend $$ on a different one for now. One thing I'm not liking is having set it down frequently. I'm gonna come up with a rolling cart or put a hook on the side of the garage area...something.

Oh baby, oh baby!
The mail order "winch" finally arrived from GM. (As for the "wench", well that's still on backorder. :) )

The bracket at top and the fairlead were from AEV specifically for the ZR2's, arrived two weeks ago.

The winch goes behind the AEV license plate bracket. Install time estimated to be 2-3 hours. :laughing Mkay, will report back on that.

Attachments

• Winch n parts.jpg
    Winch n parts.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 23
  • ZR2 AEV Bumper.jpg
    ZR2 AEV Bumper.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 24

Looks like I'll be stopping by Berto's on my way home from Carnegie!

Bought a rain jacket but don’t ride in the rain : |

Klim Latitude
Equipped with level 1 D3O so will replace with level 2.
I thought it might be warmer in colder weather than my current jackets but that doesn’t really seem to be the case. 50 degrees yesterday evening and with a hoodie underneath I was freezing.
Neck is kinda bigger than it needs to be and only a tiny piece of Velcro to keep it closed.

Lots of pockets and seems to have good ventilation. Kinda digging it after the first ride.

hWDfpX6l.jpg

fwiZEW2l.jpg

Back