• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

dubbs babies dont actually need to be assembled when they arrive, and even if they did, plunging a bunch of oblong holes in them wouldn't help

Yeah, it makes them leak more than they already do.

Plus the baby will take more time, than whatever time you thought you had to use your new tool. :x

Finally found a used Domino 700 locally for somewhat of a discount, 35% off retail and still under warranty. Perfect timing to get to using it with baby #2 due in days :laughing

Festool-Domino-DF-XL-700.jpg

Nice score. I have the DF500 and love it. Haven't justified getting the big one yet.

In case anybody is interested, Festool has a site for factory refurbished tools that are essentially new with warranty and have a discount. I've scored a couple sanders from there and saved some dough. The Domino 700 was up there a couple days ago as well.

https://www.festoolrecon.com/

Dominoes are much stronger than biscuits. Biscuits themselves don’t really add strength to the joint but are secular for alignment. Dominoes are loose tenons, made of a solid piece of wood, which does add considerable strength to the joint.

Does this replace the biscuit thing? Is it better in some situations?

Dominoes are much stronger than biscuits. Biscuits themselves don’t really add strength to the joint but are secular for alignment. Dominoes are loose tenons, made of a solid piece of wood, which does add considerable strength to the joint.

Exactly want Andy said. It's a joinery method whereas biscuits are more alignment with some help in joinery.

It's essentially a handheld mortising matching with different bits associated with different thicknesses in the tenons from 4mm to 12mm and different lengths. Some of the 12mm thick tenons can be 5.5" long so if you split that between mating pieces of wood, that 2+ inches of a 12mm thick solid piece of wood glued inside. Many of the solid front doors are made with dominoes.

Lots of jigs and angles. I'm making a mitered console table thats 70" long out of solid Sapele. Fastest and probably strongest way to join the mitered edges is with a few dominos.

Similar to below.

DSC_1689-678x1024.jpg

d38aee21d2cd7c1bcc7b548464b7d99a--dominos-joinery.jpg

Blew the dust off my BARFtron membership card and decided to jump all into the new Call of Duty this year after taking a few years off from the franchise. Finally managed to get a PS5 a few weeks ago. Hooked it up to my Alienware 240hz monitor which is only 1080p, but certainly I can still take advantage of PS5’s 120hz capability?

Nope. Guess it has to be HDMI 2.1 in order to get the max output from a console. Sigh. Ok fine. Let me replace my barely three year old monitor.

VG28UQL1A.png

28”. Can do 4k at 144hz for the PC and since it has the all important HDMI 2.1, I can now get 4k at 120hz for the PS5.

Oh the game is amazing btw. Best COD in a long time.

if you took a few years off how would you know?

:twofinger

Yeah yeah. The basic formula is the same. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it right? The ground war and invasion modes are on huge ass maps (like Battlefield), so that’s a welcome change.

But you wanna know how I know I’ve taken some years off? I know because I’m really rusty on the sticks. Absolutely just getting shit on by these sweaty try yards in every lobby. In the past, I could play the objective and still manage a positive K/D. Now, I can only go positive if I just camp on the edges of the map like an asshole.

To add to Domino description. The default ones available from Festool are made from Beech, and they also gave ones made from Sipo for outdoor use. Plus if you have a router table, to can make your own sticks of dominoes pretty easily and cut to length out of any wood you desire. Can be quite decorative for through-cuts.

Not quite off the press but, Roland bought the Drum Workshop Inc., including DW Drums and Hardware, Pacific Drums and Percussion (PDP), Latin Percussion (LP), Gretsch Drums, and Slingerland.

p.s., dw gross sales $68M FY1, sold for $65M

Last edited:
Yeah yeah. The basic formula is the same. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it right? The ground war and invasion modes are on huge ass maps (like Battlefield), so that’s a welcome change.

But you wanna know how I know I’ve taken some years off? I know because I’m really rusty on the sticks. Absolutely just getting shit on by these sweaty try yards in every lobby. In the past, I could play the objective and still manage a positive K/D. Now, I can only go positive if I just camp on the edges of the map like an asshole.

It takes a great many deaths and days at negative k/d to learn the maps, routes, angles, blind spots, rush spots, camp spots, etc.

Best thing you can do is a lightweight fast running build with stealth perks and just explore as much as possible. Don't worry too much about kills just treat it like scouting runs until you get comfy with "ok, people like to go up there." "ok, I keep getting shot by a guy around here every time the match starts" etc. THEN start figuring out your weapon / loadout / strategy. It'll ramp you up much faster.

Or, grab the biggest fucking gun you can find, hit the ground running down the middle screaming, shooting everything in sight.
Don't stop running Don't stop shooting

How're you gonna fit in the trunk? A bit out of center in the pic too...but looks like pine? Rocker's about right for your age!

Back