• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

Goodbye BMW, Hello AUDI 2023 Q5
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_5874.jpg
    IMG_5874.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_5875.jpg
    IMG_5875.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 232
i picked up this 40 year old sweedish hottie and she's apparently qite the screamer. protect those Hearing Organs yall!

My main felling and bucking saw for years was a 61. Bought it in 1992 and put many hundreds of hours on it. Left it for my dad to clear downed trees off his driveway in an emergency, it was fine for that but lost too much compression for all-day work.

Tried to retrieve it for a rebuild project (all the parts are super common), but he gave it to the guys that cleaned out the yard. WTF? To be fair, there were a few saws down there and he's electric now. I was obviously bummed so he felt bad and paid for a new Stihl pro saw around the same displacement. Woot

That's a total score bling!

so generally i have no need for a chainsaw. the city finally removed the trees in the park strip in front of our house and there are now zero trees on my property let alone anythjng that would require a saw like this to maintain. however my wife's grandfather planted in the trees in 1950ish. they're grafted walnut trees, so the top is english walnut (yawn) and the bottom is black walnut (neato!).. so when the tree removal guys came by i asked them to leave the trunk

ihave never slabbed anything. i dont own an alaskan sawmill, but hey. what the fuck why not!

the remaining round part of the trunk is rotten down tbe middle so i stopped there... and it looks like a chair so let's call it intentional!

anyway, all the light colored wood is punky aka rotten spongy trash

the other brown parts might be useable if the sawyer wasn't such a hack and made them mostly wavy and wonky hunks of junk but hey... maybe get some toothpicks out of it

Attachments

• rps20221002_183815.jpg
    rps20221002_183815.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 262
  • rps20221002_184238.jpg
    rps20221002_184238.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 262
  • rps20221002_183848.jpg
    rps20221002_183848.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 27
  • rps20221002_202805.jpg
    rps20221002_202805.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 29
  • rps20221002_203239.jpg
    rps20221002_203239.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
well finally back on the horse.
2022 ktm 300xcw ERZBERGRODEO took years to get back into the dirty side of riding, however im back. :thumbup

Attachments

• new bike.jpg
    new bike.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 18
so generally i have no need for a chainsaw. the city finally removed the trees in the park strip in front of our house and there are now zero trees on my property let alone anythjng that would require a saw like this to maintain. however my wife's grandfather planted in the trees in 1950ish. they're grafted walnut trees, so the top is english walnut (yawn) and the bottom is black walnut (neato!).. so when the tree removal guys came by i asked them to leave the trunk

ihave never slabbed anything. i dont own an alaskan sawmill, but hey. what the fuck why not!

the remaining round part of the trunk is rotten down tbe middle so i stopped there... and it looks like a chair so let's call it intentional!

anyway, all the light colored wood is punky aka rotten spongy trash

the other brown parts might be useable if the sawyer wasn't such a hack and made them mostly wavy and wonky hunks of junk but hey... maybe get some toothpicks out of it

you age well

Went to the Aerostich Popup today. Got there just after they opened. They had a shelf of 1/2 off gloves. Found two pairs one insulated and one uninsulated.

Attachments

• IMG_6075.jpg
    IMG_6075.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6077.jpg
    IMG_6077.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 18
Went to the Aerostich Popup today. Got there just after they opened. They had a shelf of 1/2 off gloves. Found two pairs one insulated and one uninsulated.

Good lord! I waited a full year after dropping a deposit for elkskin gloves, the only glove I'll ever use again for street riding. Excellent score...:thumbup

Been eyeballin' this for a while, justified the purchace as a BD present for me.
Satin powdercoat, with this shape, the paint and high & low lights, shadow, texture, a perfect still life muse. Mountain yellow, the brightest color of the line, jumps at me, sometimes it looks like orange juice with sunlight glowing thru it.

As a vessel, the hemispherical bottom (ice plug) gives it a different feel as fluid moves about. A self centering, kinda spill proof, over a flat bottom and straight wall cup.
Reflective satin finish inside lights it up, solids settle, easy to see color/clarity.
Origionally a wine glass, I like it for a rocks glass too, sniffin' single malt.

I'm amazed what I've learned/seen/felt with this.

Attachments

• IMG_4465.jpg
    IMG_4465.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 23
Finally found a used Domino 700 locally for somewhat of a discount, 35% off retail and still under warranty. Perfect timing to get to using it with baby #2 due in days :laughing

Festool-Domino-DF-XL-700.jpg

dubbs babies dont actually need to be assembled when they arrive, and even if they did, plunging a bunch of oblong holes in them wouldn't help

Back