• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

Yeah I just saw on the Blue Bell site. CA is one of several states they don’t sell in.

PepperyAdorableAlaskanhusky-max-1mb.gif

That same website gives you the ability to order anything they make and have it shipped to you. :dunno

I can't even get ice-cream home from the local super without it getting half melted.

Well, get one of those freezer bags and put it in there to bring it home.

We've ordered assorted foods by mail, they typically come packed with dry ice and frozen solid. Biggest downside is you have to get ride of essentially a small cooler of styrofoam. Darn things take up have a garbage bin.

We had an extended power outage down here, and I put some dry ice in the freezer, and it worked like a champ.

Living out in the desert 60 miles from a grocery store, I did use a cooler for the ride home. It also gave me time to shop and eat in town.

I didn't look to see where available, but I did check the ice cream isle after I picked up a 12 pack of 7.5 Dr. P.
Cottonwood Az. got it.

Attachments

• IMG_5242.jpg
    IMG_5242.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 24
Which part does what? Did you buy two parts or just the one? I guess the first one is a magnifier (thus the swing out of the way part) for the red dot in front of it?

The red dot is the front unit. The 3x magnifier is the rear unit. You can buy each separately if one wishes.

I'm trying to see if I like this better than LPVO I've been borrowing for the last few weeks.

Primary Arms SLx8 1-8x24 FFP ACSS Raptor.
I've since moved it back. It was a bit too far forward after I mounted it.

hGSTYRh.jpg

Up and running.

10 of 20 panels total.

Attachments

• Sunpower installed 1.jpg
    Sunpower installed 1.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 25
Hopefully PG$E won't tell you... Oh, wait... can't bring those additional panels online because transformer on pole can't handle the additional input!

The red dot is the front unit. The 3x magnifier is the rear unit. You can buy each separately if one wishes.

I'm trying to see if I like this better than LPVO I've been borrowing for the last few weeks.

hGSTYRh.jpg

Very nice I have a 1-6 PA LVPO on my 5.56 SBR and I like it. I need to print some throw levers for that one and a few other scopes I have but due to office remodel printer is not plugged in at the moment.

Hopefully PG$E won't tell you... Oh, wait... can't bring those additional panels online because transformer on pole can't handle the additional input!

City inspection was done, when they left after we passed, the tech turned on the system and PGE notified us the very next day we were live! :wtf

We were stunned.

In week one (sunny of course for the most part) we produced twice the amount of power we used.

Do you have a battery back up?

No.

But if we hadn't gotten in under NEM2 we would have had to go that route.

We never lose power here.

Even in the Tubbs Fire which came within a mile and a half of us we had power and even internet.

My friend who loses power for at least a week/year went with batteries.

No.

We never lose power here.

My friend who loses power for at least a week/year went with batteries.

The benefit of a solar battery is to use your stored power at night rather than purchasing grid power.

Depending on your system - not all solar batteries will allow you to store and use power during a black out. That's a common misconception..

The benefit of a solar battery is to use your stored power at night rather than purchasing grid power.

Depending on your system - not all solar batteries will allow you to store and use power during a black out. That's a common misconception..

Indeed but my friends will have that capability.

No need for batteries as I'm looking to eliminate paying for electricity over the entire year, and replace gas heat with electric during the winter.

Blackouts, even rolling blackouts, have not affected me in years since they replaced the transformer on our block in 2016 or so and even had power throughout the Tubbs fire.

Down the road they can be added if needed but then I'd lose NEM2 status so likely won't be going that route.

Anyone adding solar now should get batteries.

This is our 4th or 5th unit. It's Thursday evening when I see the leaky POS in the garage. I called around to have it replaced. No way I am doing this kind of shit anymore. I did the last one. No way...after a few phone calls
>We can have someone look at it Monday
>We might be able to get someone there tomorrow
>It's $1200 and we can do it tomorrow. A minute later it was $1900 plus permit. Had it on speaker phone and wife heard the same thing. Bye.
>It's $125 to have a truck come out...Bye
>Vmail box is full

A couple hours later I was at HD and bought the next POS. Next day it was a one man (about 4 hour) R&R. In about 5 years I'll upgrade to a heat pump unit.

zjcm4Q3.jpg

This one is for sale. It will more than likely last 1-2 weeks. I'll give you a really good deal on it.

Oi7fkDM.jpg

Last edited:

hGSTYRh.jpg

Generally with most magnifying optics you want rear end of the scope at the end of the receiver.

Back