• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

Generally with most magnifying optics you want rear end of the scope at the end of the receiver.

Yup. Again, I mounted it, took a picture, then moved it back.

With the magnifier first, doesn't it make the, I guess, 1MOA dot into a 3MOA dot? It magnifies the dot along with the rest, right?

Shouldn't the magnifier go in front?

Magnifier behind the red dot (closer to your face).

Last edited:
Is the idea that you use it with the red dot activated? I just visualize this beach ball in the middle of your field of view with the red dot on and the magnifier being used.

Is the idea that you use it with the red dot activated? I just visualize this beach ball in the middle of your field of view with the red dot on and the magnifier being used.

Yes. The red dot itself doesn't get magnified too much. Just a tiny bit.

V1Eh8K.jpeg

V1k8eP.jpeg

It doesn’t change the size of the dot.

I mean, I'm sure its a practical device, just naively seemed like an issue. I wonder why the red dot isn't as affected.

Vintage (probably 1960s) Fujinon 135mm F3.5 lens.
$25.

_DSF0007 by T K, on Flickr

It is M42 mount lens, but it’s (sort of) proprietary “Fuji” M42 mount. (Basically, a small tub is sticking out on the back of the lens. You can get away with K&F mount without filing down the tub).

_DSF0012 by T K, on Flickr

The lens is pretty small & light weight, which is a BIG plus, for me.

Example photos

_DSF0033 by T K, on Flickr

_DSF0034 by T K, on Flickr

_DSF0049 by T K, on Flickr

_DSF0038 by T K, on Flickr

Peter McKinnon’s PPK V2

Day One
[It was delivered Wednesday evening. I shot the video Thursday morning, around 7:30 in the morning. Edited Thursday in my lunch break & after getting back home.]

[YOUTUBE]sg-BGXigY5s[/YOUTUBE]

[No, not that PPK (Polizeipistole Kriminal), it’s “Petes Pirate life Knife”.

james-bond.jpg

Initial impression of the knife is pretty positive.
The “PPK” naming was probably intentional.
(If you know how small the Walther PPK really is (even PPK/S), you get the clear idea why he named it that way when you hold it In hand.)

I gotta see Edgard Winter play "Frankenstein" before it's too late. :cool
(and Steve Lukather play "Hold the Line")

Attachments

• [Unknown].jpg
    [Unknown].jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 18
"how much was that?"
Free
"I thought we were getting rid of stuff"
Yeah me too. Oops

Attachments

• Resize_20230829_085523_3731.jpg
    Resize_20230829_085523_3731.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Resize_20230829_085524_4159.jpg
    Resize_20230829_085524_4159.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 27
Sweet find, but does it run? Oh, wait, ran when parked, right?!
Yellow paint = '70's - early '80's IH Cub or maybe JD?
Kohler engine ?
Cool seat and it's got a "tiller" (w/3 point?) and wheel weights! :thumbup

Someone forgot to ask for permission… :cool

i don't ask ever. that ain't the way our relationship works. not for BS toys like this

HAHAHAHA! Classic!

it is. literally!

Sweet find, but does it run? Oh, wait, ran when parked, right?!
Yellow paint = '70's - early '80's IH Cub or maybe JD?
Kohler engine ?
Cool seat and it's got a "tiller" (w/3 point?) and wheel weights! :thumbup

montgomery ward, made by gilson! yes 70s somewhere and definitely doesn't run. rusted solid in a few places but i got the tires aired up, tubes hold air tires themselves are totally garbage but at least it'll roll... .once i figure out how to get it into neutral. the shifter is stuck as is the clutch. hopefully just rusty linkage issues. it's a manual 4 speed transaxle, which seems to be pretty common for these things

it's not a 3 point hitch but it does have a PTO and you could get just about any accessory for it when new. it's not a mower it's a garden tractor and it's really a miniature tractor. i do have the tiller and that's sadly it, because there are snowblowers, mower decks, scythe side mower thingies out there. it's nuts

engine is a 16 horse briggs that shockingly turns by hand and the oil isn't even black. the battery was removed at some point, i have a little hope that whoever parked it knew it would be a while before it got started again and did an oil change before parking it "till fall" or whatever and it will not need a ton to get the engine running. no point at all trying till i can get the transaxle working again so that is the focus

Last edited:
Single cylinder right?
Hmmm, it rolls but it's not in neutral and motor turns over? Maybe stuck between gears (false neutral)? Does clutch pedal depress all the way down or just won't budge?
My thoughts... PB Blaster any linkage and a squirt down cylinder then lift the rear up and rock the wheels back and forth and hopefully it will free up. Probably easier to do that than trying to push that "brick" back and forth. :laughing

Good luck, cool project. Keep us posted.

Always wanted a Case VAC wide front with 3 point and PTO. But what the "F" am I going to do with a gawd damn tractor!!! :rofl

Last edited:
Yes single cylinder "cast iron Briggs 16 hp" that appears to have been used in lots and lots of things across multiple manufacturers

I did not explain the rolling thing. The rear wheels will spin opposite directions, open differential, if off the ground. On the ground they have to be drug which in part is why it's still in the truck bed.

The clutch lever will not budge and said lever also applies a brake to the rear axle. Said clutch lever is rusted into the ON condition and the brake mechanism/linkage is as well. Effectively the parking brake is on now so of course it won't roll. Even when I free up the shifter to achieve neutral it shouldn't roll, otherwise that is the worst single axle brake design ever :laughing

I have been applying PB blaster since Saturday or so. Some things are wiggling a bit more than they used to but the brake is still on. I'll probably end up dis assembling the brake, it's a strap wrapped around a drum and fairly easy to get at if it weren't contained in a pickup truck bed.

I need to take the tailgate off before attempting to remove it. Tailgates aren't getting any easier to find and I don't want to make it a taco shaped tailgate

Back