• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

Don't put an unattached lower in the safe. If you do it will turn into a complete rifle they breed like rabbits in the safe.

Might be too late. :laughing

Picked up the lower and the rest of the kit arrived earlier this week.

a4dbXVC.jpg

2019 S1000XR.

Picked this up a month ago, and really like it, but of course, now I wonder what the current gen rides like and i'll probably have to get it sooner than later!

Attachments

• 20230930_155544_resized.jpg
    20230930_155544_resized.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 30
58-AE95-E6-87-DB-4-A09-B23-D-8-C56769852-C1.jpg

$375 and several hours to take apart and reassemble. A guy locally wanted $250 for install service. Another company wanted $500. I liked to tinker and despite beating myself up I know now how to fix it if I need to.

Ooooh! That looks like a ton o' fun! Happy bouncing to you! :party

Super great find, thanks Geoff. My Controller has several birds...sent to her. BARF delivers!

Super great find, thanks Geoff. My Controller has several birds...sent to her. BARF delivers!

She'll need to get the "kitten wire" which we chose to keep critters out.

As soon as I went up I thought it would be great for my friend and brother who have African Blues as they look forlorn even in a "large" cage.

Just got word back: the birds eat through 2x4's for lunch. Make note: neither you nor I should get birds! Thanks none the less G!

Just got word back: the birds eat through 2x4's for lunch. Make note: neither you nor I should get birds! Thanks none the less G!

:laughing

And I got this from my friend with the African Blue.

Milo is the bird, Burt is a brown Lab!

Wouldn’t work for Milo though as she crunches up anything wood, in fact their toys are wood and designed to be knawed to splinters.

You should see the plastic cat carrier we would use to take ger in the car…she ate right thru it and the metal door fell off and she freaked out and jumped out and landed on Burt, all at 75 mph on I-95 of course, and Burt just looked at us as if to say “I had nothing to do with this!”.

Definitely NOT gonna be bird owners, us two!

Never mind that Milo who is in the same room as my friend's office, mimics him on the phone!

[threadjack]I have a relative with some sort of bird that also mimics sounds. They were away from home much longer than usual one day and it just so happened that was also the day that the smoke detector low battery alert went off….[/threadjack]

Got the cats a Catio as one of the two cats, born March 1st, loves to leap and break shit.

Local company came out measured, recommended a design, and installed.

Would actually work great for birds too.

https://cdpets.com/collections/enclosure-kit

attachment.php

Nice! :thumbup Glad to see both kitties enjoying it, too! What are the dimensions? Was it pricey?

We built an enclosure on our back deck, turning it into a catio, as my orange boy has issues when we go out of town. Unfortunately the other cat won't use it. I have a microchip-activated cat flap for them that I can put on curfew mode and it would keep them in at night until it unlocks at 8am so they can go out, but Apollo won't come in at night because he's waiting for me to come home. We see him on the cameras...he's looking in the windows, pacing on the porch, looking in the back door. When he finally does come in he is looking for me behind chairs, under the table, etc. He's obviously distressed when we're not home, sleeping under the bed and just acting weird. The catio keeps him entertained and safe when we're gone. Apollo hangs our in there even when we're home and the door is wide open. They can go in and out the cat flap in our bedroom window.

I guess I should put this in the "What have you made lately?" thread, but...
i-wxKvfDv-X2.jpg

Finished size was 10'x10'x4'...
i-QxFbBpG-X2.jpg

We added an oak limb from our debris pile and the cats love it. They love grass, too, so I planted "cat grass" in a cat litter pan...
i-Xrkz6s5-X2.jpg

He heads out there after dinner at night. I think he feels safe out there, not near as much anxiety when we're gone. Everybody wins! The time, effort and expense to build it was totally worth it. We were under a time constraint since we wanted to go away for our 31st anniversary, so we mostly used stuff we had, and it could have been better, but all of us are happy with the result! Still need to put some carpeting on part of the top shelf against the wall but it's mostly done...
i-zvsFkxS-X3.jpg

CatLadyChick

Nice! :thumbup Glad to see both kitties enjoying it, too! What are the dimensions? Was it pricey?

Very nice enclosure you built.

I will be looking for a nice larger tree limb up at my friends to add.

It is about 10 feet along the house, with a 2 foot bump out initially at the window with most of it bumping out to around 4 feet as you can see in the photo I posted above.

Ours was about $1500 as a custom install and the guy came out and measured and made recommendations and then came back once the panels were fabricated at their Petaluma shop and installed it in 3 hours.

They do have stock enclosures starting out at $500 or so but the redwood ones with smaller "kitten" wire are a bit pricier but still under a grand.

https://cdpets.com/collections/enclosure-kit

They have been out there at midnight to watch the racoons and skunks. :laughing

Got tired of my 400 dollar battery drill going dead befor I'm done with my job...
So I bought this 1/2 drill for $20 With a cord..that will out last me!...
I'm so done with power tools with 150$ batterys that dont last!.......

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231016-170432_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231016-170432_Gallery.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
And doubles as a mixer in the kitchen. Stout AF.

i have a couple old drills like that and sure they'll keep working and can be rebuilt when they need it but damn. DAMN. they are heavy. not a big deal if you need to make a handful or holes or whatever but wrangling those things all day would be quite the workout. even minor use makes my tendonitis flare up. the switch on one ofthem is the stuff of nightmares/OSHA regulations: pull it and it STAYS ON untill you pull it again. there is no option for the current standard where let go= off

I've been sent flying by hole hawgs on many occasions.

Big high torque electric 1/2" drills are not for the faint of heart or arm.

Last edited:
Back