post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

Got the cats a Catio as one of the two cats, born March 1st, loves to leap and break shit.

Local company came out measured, recommended a design, and installed.

Would actually work great for birds too.

https://cdpets.com/collections/enclosure-kit

attachment.php

Nice! :thumbup Glad to see both kitties enjoying it, too! What are the dimensions? Was it pricey?

We built an enclosure on our back deck, turning it into a catio, as my orange boy has issues when we go out of town. Unfortunately the other cat won't use it. I have a microchip-activated cat flap for them that I can put on curfew mode and it would keep them in at night until it unlocks at 8am so they can go out, but Apollo won't come in at night because he's waiting for me to come home. We see him on the cameras...he's looking in the windows, pacing on the porch, looking in the back door. When he finally does come in he is looking for me behind chairs, under the table, etc. He's obviously distressed when we're not home, sleeping under the bed and just acting weird. The catio keeps him entertained and safe when we're gone. Apollo hangs our in there even when we're home and the door is wide open. They can go in and out the cat flap in our bedroom window.

I guess I should put this in the "What have you made lately?" thread, but...
i-wxKvfDv-X2.jpg

Finished size was 10'x10'x4'...
i-QxFbBpG-X2.jpg

We added an oak limb from our debris pile and the cats love it. They love grass, too, so I planted "cat grass" in a cat litter pan...
i-Xrkz6s5-X2.jpg

He heads out there after dinner at night. I think he feels safe out there, not near as much anxiety when we're gone. Everybody wins! The time, effort and expense to build it was totally worth it. We were under a time constraint since we wanted to go away for our 31st anniversary, so we mostly used stuff we had, and it could have been better, but all of us are happy with the result! Still need to put some carpeting on part of the top shelf against the wall but it's mostly done...
i-zvsFkxS-X3.jpg

CatLadyChick

:thumbup

I need to do this for my cats!!

i have a couple old drills like that and sure they'll keep working and can be rebuilt when they need it but damn. DAMN. they are heavy. not a big deal if you need to make a handful or holes or whatever but wrangling those things all day would be quite the workout. even minor use makes my tendonitis flare up. the switch on one ofthem is the stuff of nightmares/OSHA regulations: pull it and it STAYS ON untill you pull it again. there is no option for the current standard where let go= off

Tool balancer for the heavy ones..:thumbup

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231017-085515_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231017-085515_Chrome.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 13
I bought this at the beginning of July and I've been waiting to install it for a couple of months now but life got in the way, so hopefully by the rainy season I'll have it in :laughing

1SZLB4Lm.jpg
hhtjSkdm.jpg

It's the left control pod off an 890 ADV; refitted to my 1190 it will give me "stock" cruise control. It's plug & play with no ECM re-flashing required. It plugs directly into to stock control pod harness connector and the CAN bus diagnostic port, and you can reconfigure some of the settings like speed increment size, PID gain, and throttle limits.

Now I can nap on those long rides to find NorCal dirt!

Last edited:
Went from a Panasonic 60 inch Plasma to a 65" LG G3 OLED mostly due to electric savings now that we have solar and will be trying to use electricity for heat to reduce our ridiculous winter gas bills for heating.

The OLED uses about 100 watts/hour vs 300 for the plasma despite it having a much brighter picture.

Every bit as good as plasma in the evening where plasma shined, probably even better when we watch a movie, but much much better when I watch sports in the afternoon before the wife takes over the TV at 6pm.

The dollars saved are like adding one extra panel to our 20 panel solar array. Going solar forces you onto time of use billing which is super expensive if you screw up and have to buy from PGE.

We are the E-TOU-c rates which are astronomical but what you are forced into with solar by big energy.

upload_2020-11-9_17-42-15-png.607036

Attachments

• LG G3 65.jpg
    LG G3 65.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 6
Got a new pair of gloves, my old pair of racer gloves are showing their age and mileage. CE level 2 rated, seem to fit pretty well despite still needing to be broken in.

ADCreHcWF2O-ePOr2ZPiY_KM1LEin8wmw1zKIidHwhgeDDu7l_004OxWevdshjRRsQG1renEp3IVmtuYEWD6Dlf_t-54lJrVMZdeKbPebEmXKapdNI-tw8Gawm8JK7C_gSOgOc_MkHnLu73804I-VmCw7fpOdg=w1088-no

I got a new jacket!

Well, sorta.

It's actually an old jacket. To be pedantic it's a new old jacket. The "term of art" is "new old stock".

Oh, and I already have this jacket, so, arguably, it's not even new to me.

As many wives and mothers know, separating men from favored items of clothing can be like pulling teeth. The "Linus and his blanket" syndrome. Sometimes "Cold, dead hands" syndrome.

I've had this jacket for I have to say over 10 years. It's my daily driver, and I wear it pretty much every day, 9-10 months out of the year. It's actually in remarkable shape, but interior parts are just...failing. Tears are appearing. ("Tears, not tears!" "You lost me."). I guess "holes" are appearing.

I've even sent it off to a tailor to have some of them stitched back up. But, now, after a summer off, yet more seem to have appeared. So I figured I'd try to find a replacement.

And it's been hard. I LIKE this jacket. I bought it at the Orvis store in Pasadena, yet even though we got their catalogs, I'd never seen it advertised. Even the clerk I think mentioned they were discontinuing the jacket.

I had a previous Orvis jacket that I wore until it was threadbare in places, and just luck and happenstance stumbled upon this one when we were just bouncing around and browsing. I honestly don't really care for their Barbour jackets, the material, etc. They're also a little heavier than this one. And they don't have the features (notably, interior pockets).

So, after just looking around, I just typed in the jacket name into the Googles and, lo and behold, there it was. For sale. In my size. "new" it said. "Well, will you look at that."

And I did, and it was "half price", so I pulled the trigger.

attachment.php

Here it is hanging next to its older brother. I was kind of shocked at the color of the leather patches on the new one. I honestly have no memory of them being that color, but the out pocket flaps are lined with it, and nowhere near as faded, so you could see the original there.

attachment.php

Feature I really like on this one is the liner, the interior pockets (I can carry a water bottle in one of those easily). The other pockets (flap closed, and side pockets for your hands), the hood. Like the styling, like the weight of it (it's So Cal, not like we need a parka down here). I like the drawstring in the middle to tighten it up a little bit around my shapely form.

I would not call it water proof, the hood will soak through in heavy rain, but we don't get heavy rain. 99% of the time, I just want something to get me to the car or building.

It's fascinating I was able to stumbled across this exact thing. How long has it been since it's been made, how long had the vendor been holding on to it, where did they get it? But, who knows, the Internet provides. It was just some private seller in Florida. At least it didn't come smelling like a smoke filled room. Came in great shape.

So, I'm giddy. Linus gets his bankey back.

Attachments

• IMG_4151.jpg
    IMG_4151.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_4152.jpg
    IMG_4152.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 205
Got tired of my 400 dollar battery drill going dead befor I'm done with my job...
So I bought this 1/2 drill for $20 With a cord..that will out last me!...
I'm so done with power tools with 150$ batterys that dont last!.......

I buy only Hili drills for work. Bought maybe six TE4-22’s over the past decade. They’re awesome and drill a ton of holes before the battery dies.
Better than comparable Milwaukee.

I found an aerostich that exactly matches mine for my cupcake. We're gonna look like such dorks. :laughing

Attachments

• IMG_4940.jpg
    IMG_4940.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 15
It's the Aerostich way. :thumbup

In German they call it "Partnerlook" and we've been chuckling over that for a good long while. i am due for a new helmet so i reckon we'll get two matching white helmets with comms. :laughing

How will we EVAR tell you apart?

One is 5'7", fluffy, and wearing Toucans. One is 5'10", slim, and wearing a pair of Daytonas.

And, in keeping with the spirit of this thread, today, I paid for my firearms safety course so I can get a CHL here in Oregon.

Oh, and here are the trainers I picked up Friday.

Attachments

• shoesies.jpg
    shoesies.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 6
Bought a new coffee pot. Jura E4, I like my coffee. :staRang :thumbup

Attachments

• IMG_8066.jpg
    IMG_8066.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 6
Is that one of those $5000 Coffee machines?

They have those at this Sur La Table, a cooking store, a touch downmarket from Willam Sonoma.

I thought we had a "something you made" thread somewhere, but I couldn't find it. This'll have to do.

Anyway, I've been playing World of Warcraft forever. My wife found a miniature of a character that looked pretty darn close to my main character, and ordered it.

It's a 3D print. When she got it, she found it was about an inch tall. That was too small, since she wanted to paint it. She contacted the vendor, and they were kind enough to scale it up and send her another one.

She then took to painting it. First time she ever did anything like this, and, I think it came out pretty good. We stuck it in a plastic box and now it sits on my desk.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4149.jpg
    IMG_4149.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 131
Got a new LG3 G3 OLED but still have an older Denon receiver and the HDMI eArc on the tv doesn't want to play nice with the ARC on the TV for sound so bought this splitter to sent 4k video from the Roku to TV and the best digital surround audio formats to the receiver for the best sound as optical audio only sends PCM/stereo.

Haven't tried it yet; waiting for one final 4k HDMI cable.

g297SP12S-F.jpg

Back