post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

Rebuilt this crappppppy SUV as a replacement tow vehicle, tossed proper wheels and tires on it to get away from the 22s. Would never recommend anyone own one of these turds. 720s problems, without any of the fizz. It’s a 🍆 magnet, worse than any FXR owner could hope to have/be.

Added a 70inch carbon swan neck on the wife’s TA car. Now to build out the front aero and watch more sadness ensue before her 1.2 GT3 arrives.

Attachments

• IMG_5211.jpeg
    IMG_5211.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5137.jpg
    IMG_5137.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4261.jpg
    IMG_4261.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 18
Indeed but my friends will have that capability.

No need for batteries as I'm looking to eliminate paying for electricity over the entire year, and replace gas heat with electric during the winter.

Down the road they can be added if needed but then I'd lose NEM2 status so likely won't be going that route.

Anyone adding solar now should get batteries.

Batteries will allow you to avoid all time of use charges.

No, adding ESS does not remove you from NEM2 at any point.

Yes, NEM3 pretty much banks on ESS for any resemblance of an ROI. Curious how long it’ll stay in effect as it’s TANKING the industry within the state. Not to mention the minimum charges per kW of panels installed…. Bonkers. Good ole CPUC.

Batteries will allow you to avoid all time of use charges.

No, adding ESS does not remove you from NEM2 at any point.

Yes, NEM3 pretty much banks on ESS for any resemblance of an ROI. Curious how long it’ll stay in effect as it’s TANKING the industry within the state. Not to mention the minimum charges per kW of panels installed…. Bonkers. Good ole CPUC.

Solar is going pretty well for us even though percent produced vs used is tanking in the shorter/cloudier days.

We have been using Envi wall heaters to maintain 66 degrees after using our Nat Gas fireplace insert heaters to get the space up to 70 as last year's nat gas use was ridiculous.

Strategy worked thus far in November with our total energy bill at $107; $387 less than the prior year due to nat gas heat.

We only heat one space at a time; front room till about noon and then the back room/TV room starting around 3 and don't use the electric heat between 4-9pm.

Sure, the house is cold when we get up; toasty this am at 61 vs the 55 of the past few days. :laughing

That reads like something out of Germany when they were having gas shortages, Geoff :(

i bought a new Shoei from Munroe. :)

Attachments

• IMG_2956.jpeg
    IMG_2956.jpeg
    106.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
i bought a new Shoei from Munroe. :)

While you can be overbearing good on ya to protect your head.:teeth
I tried one of those on the other day and it was comfy! Have to decide if Arai has formed my skull over the years to find no comfort elsewhere.

While you can be overbearing good on ya to protect your head.:teeth
I tried one of those on the other day and it was comfy! Have to decide if Arai has formed my skull over the years to find no comfort elsewhere.

Are you calling me bossy?

Our Christmas present to ourselves.

Made in Belgium via Etsy.

Maybe I should make it my BARF avatar.

Attachments

• Face sculpture.jpg
    Face sculpture.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 28
Using the worst vehicle we’ve ever owned to take one of the best motorcycles we’ve ever owned to be serviced.
Fork seals toast, time to tune bikes suspension to rider weight, new chain and sprockets. Highly recommend these or a Stark to anyone that hates maintaining a toy and just wants it to work whenever that wild hair hits.

Attachments

• IMG_4014.jpg
    IMG_4014.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 31
Using the worst vehicle we’ve ever owned to take one of the best motorcycles we’ve ever owned to be serviced.
Fork seals toast, time to tune bikes suspension to rider weight, new chain and sprockets. Highly recommend these or a Stark to anyone that hates maintaining a toy and just wants it to work whenever that wild hair hits.

I can figure out the expensive SUV but not the moto.

Years ago, when a friend bought this 1974 CB350f, I asked to be first in line if she ever sold it. Well, today that hope came to fruition. I have owned a bunch of '70's CB-f's, but most were of the 750 super sport variety.
I am excited to get this one back to road-worthy-ness, and it won't take much.
I'm thinking I might dress it up in 400-4 makeup. We'll see.

Attachments

• CB350f 2.jpg
    CB350f 2.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 16
Years ago, when a friend bought this 1974 CB350f, I asked to be first in line if she ever sold it. Well, today that hope came to fruition. I have owned a bunch of '70's CB-f's, but most were of the 750 super sport variety.
I am excited to get this one back to road-worthy-ness, and it won't take much.
I'm thinking I might dress it up in 400-4 makeup. We'll see.

Congratulations, fond memories of a 400 on the track.
I’ve got an ‘80s Honda F dual disc front end that will fit nicely!

Lonster, if you find a good short throw throttle please let me know. I haven't put one on my 400F and it needs it bad.

Congratulations, fond memories of a 400 on the track.
I’ve got an ‘80s Honda F dual disc front end that will fit nicely!

I don't know if I will be changing things that drastically, but thanks Wanker. I would be curious to know how much longer the forks are, and what the diameter is.

Lonster, if you find a good short throw throttle please let me know. I haven't put one on my 400F and it needs it bad.

I have used the 2006 R6 1/3 turn throttle on a BUNCH of late model bikes, but I have no idea if it will work on the early CB's.

Thanks for the tip..I'll try that. I have one lying around here somewhere.

Back