• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

this cracked me up:

Tire Stretching
Tire stretching for cars is a modification where a tire is mounted onto a wider wheel than recommended by the manufacturer. This causes the tire's sidewalls to stretch tightly over the wheel, creating a visually distinct and aggressive look. While it enhances a car's appearance by giving it a wider stance, it can lead to reduced grip, handling issues, and a harsher ride due to the smaller sidewall. Safety concerns, including compromised traction and potential legal violations, make careful consideration important before attempting tire stretching.

Cookies present and accounted for here, at least on my browser.

Tire stretching looks cool on show cars, but year, big wheels and small sidewalls aren't always the best for performance. I was running some 17's on an old 96 jetta, dented the crap out of one so I went back to the stock 15's with some highly rated performance tires, thing rode and handled much better, and the reduced rotating weight made get up and go better too. Even better once I refreshed the suspension.

Seems to be some significant problems on the freeway, been hearing sirens come and go for at least a half hour.

Weather is probably catching everyone with bald tires out.

Got a 2 terabyte SSD for my Chromebook so I have actual media storage. Video from the past two years, of which there isn't that much has taken up 400gb so far. I can see how this could be a spendy hobby, but I like the idea of having stuff to watch when I'm too old to ride / remember. Also downloaded GIMP since I can now expand the Linux partition without compromising storage, been toying with images of my cat standing on his rear legs and the sutro tower. Could make a fun tattoo.

Weather is probably catching everyone with bald tires out.

We're often on the temp bubble when rain turns to snow and it catches a lot of people off guard. It got me once heading to nyack, just driving perfectly straight and the moment I noticed the rain start to look slushy on the windshield, the truck just spun. I was doing about 55-60mph and definitely pooped a little. Got lucky though, no damage and nobody close by.

Got a 2 terabyte SSD for my Chromebook so I have actual media storage. Video from the past two years, of which there isn't that much has taken up 400gb so far. I can see how this could be a spendy hobby, but I like the idea of having stuff to watch when I'm too old to ride / remember. Also downloaded GIMP since I can now expand the Linux partition without compromising storage, been toying with images of my cat standing on his rear legs and the sutro tower. Could make a fun tattoo.

What model chromebook? We bought our daughter a lenovo slim 3 when it was on sale for $179 and I totally regret not buying a second one.

I think you nailed it.

Note: not a bill ackman copy and paste :rofl

:laughing

Oh God! Avalanches are terrifying.

My friends went to ski today but fortunately weren't allowed on the hill.

----

So I'm a huge fan of the Michael Mann movie "Heat" and I recently started the Sequel Book, Heat 2. While doing so I learned that Heat is a Michael Mann remake of a Michael Mann TV movie called LA Takedown which I am currently watching. Had no idea!

Note: not a bill ackman copy and paste :rofl

just to be sure, lest I get sakiblamed of not being clear, was actually referring to The One who started a random thread in the KS and then put the wrong... link, but NOT A Link, but just slapped a COMPLETE PARAGRAPH copy n paste mess instead... :laughing

https://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11046335#post11046335

so anyway
turns out bill ackman , you can make a DOUBLE joke about copy n paste about him... :rofl :facepalm :laughing

What model chromebook? We bought our daughter a lenovo slim 3 when it was on sale for $179 and I totally regret not buying a second one.

Acer Spin 714 with the Intel I-5 chip. Got it on sale, it was still not super cheap, but I wanted something capable that I'd be able to find useful for at least 4 years, considering it's handling video editing and Linux apps, I'm happy.

Closest I've been to an avalanche was in Colorado, just as I'd gotten in the lift line people were talking about an avalanche on the pass I'd just been on, must have just missed it. Big enough that the pass remained closed all night and I got to spend 4 hours getting back to Denver instead of the usual 1 and a half. Still probably worth it for what was a pretty awesome day on the mountain.

it is pouring rain here in East San Jose at the bottom of Mt Hamilton Road. Should clean things off, except where it doesn't...
oh, it stopped.

Last edited:
Acer Spin 714 with the Intel I-5 chip. Got it on sale, it was still not super cheap, but I wanted something capable that I'd be able to find useful for at least 4 years, considering it's handling video editing and Linux apps, I'm happy.

Closest I've been to an avalanche was in Colorado, just as I'd gotten in the lift line people were talking about an avalanche on the pass I'd just been on, must have just missed it. Big enough that the pass remained closed all night and I got to spend 4 hours getting back to Denver instead of the usual 1 and a half. Still probably worth it for what was a pretty awesome day on the mountain.

Yeah that looks like a nice one. I'm too thrifty, so when they get up into that price range, I start looking for older flagships on eBay for the value. Last time I was in the market I ended up with a Dell M4800 and it's spec'ed well and is built like a tank. Problem is, it's built like a tank and I don't like lugging it around, so it collects dust in the closet.

POPUPS happening so fast that I couldn't read the article. As soon as I cleared one, 2 more would popup. Sheesh.

hi
sup

tech problem. (not mine)

The fire, stops playin with it! :laughing

kinda feeling pleased with myself... :laughing "kinda"

(could "a" skipped the famous-name P-trap mentions, but, too late!)

Last edited:
Yeah that looks like a nice one. I'm too thrifty, so when they get up into that price range, I start looking for older flagships on eBay for the value. Last time I was in the market I ended up with a Dell M4800 and it's spec'ed well and is built like a tank. Problem is, it's built like a tank and I don't like lugging it around, so it collects dust in the closet.

Seems the times I bought used I ended up with a computer that couldn't handle what I asked of it faster, this one is my only computer, so it needed to be able to do it all. It's light enough to travel as well so that is an added benefit.

I normally have great luck with older flagships when it comes to performance, but I love the battery life of new chromebooks at their price points.

Hi everyone, I have a serious question/gripe/not sure what to do situation. I'm looking for some thoughts.

I have this fucking cat. I used to love him and he's always been pretty vocal. But when I lived in the bay it was manageable because he had free range to go in and out as he pleased. I would just leave a window open and he could go in and out. Yes, I lived in Oakland. No I never got robbed.

Anyways, since we've moved up here I can't do that. We have another cat, who while not as obnoxious, is dumb as a brick so we keep him inside. So now my cat howls. All the fucking time. I would say it's driving me crazy, but I'm way past that point. He's now driving me to the point of desperation.

I feel horrible because he is old and has been through a lot of shit. He's a smart cat and has trained four cat aggressive dogs tobe cat friendly. Two of these dogs have killed cats before. He's battled feral cats, raccoons, dogs, geese, etc. He's an awesome cat. And I hate his fucking guts.

He also eats about sixteen times a day, but only a bite at a time. So half an hour later, he is howling for food. Then he howls to go out. Then howls to come in. Then howls to eat again. He just fucking howls.

I've taken him to the vet. They've checked everything. His thyroid is fine. He is fine. He is just a fucking obnoxious fucking asshole. He howls at 2 in the morning to eat. At 2:30 he wants to go out. At three he wants to come in. I haven't slept in years. I want to stomp his cute little asshole face in.

I've tried ignoring him. I've tried setting boundaries and feeding him at set times and then fuck him. Eat or don't. But then he howls. And howls. And howls.

I am seriously thinking of putting him down. This goes against everything I believe in. I rescued this cat as a kitten and am responsible for him. But I can't take it anymore. I'd like to give him away but he's old and this is all he's ever known. I mean, maybe the right single person with a broken bedroom window might work out. I don't know.

I just took him out and put him in the mother-in-law unit (not for the first time). But then I saw the terrified look on his face when I came back to feed him and couldn't leave him there. I think he's going senile. I know I am going insane.

I don't know. Just needed to vent mostly. I'm sure I'll put up with his shit until he dies. And my God, that day can't come soon enough.

Can you keep the other cat clipped so he can’t get too far outside and the older can can come and go as he pleases?

Back