• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Second weight training session of the week, car moved, coffee being sipped before I hop in the shower to prepare for my interview this afternoon. It's a "group" interview so I will be interested to see how that works.

Probably gonna spend the rest of the afternoon editing some older video I have from the year my buddy and I did the CABDR to make something cohesive to share.

Aha. Gotcha. :thumbup no worries. Good luck it will be fine

I'm actually walking to buy a cup of coffee right now... Just for a purpose

Three parts for oil change and filter ordered! But they will arrive in forever ahead from RockAuto

Gotta get belts and struts done on the '04 Golf TDI, along with some front end steering bits as I know I was told something was showing wear last time I got an alignment. Still need to decide if belts are a job I wanna tackle on the sidewalk or just pay some $$$.

whoa, there's a guy with a thick, red-black Dainese jacket nearby in the coffee shop and a shiny bike parked across the street. Talking to his friend in what I thought was Arabic...but it's Turkish .

This could be awkward... Or silent

Last edited:
Inspection in between services are for people who don't pay any attention to their vehicles, change that oil and filter and drive happy. I need to figure out how to reset the oil change light on my Ducati (dealer won't touch it) as it thinks I am WAY overdue.

They should if you pay them to. :dunno

They should if you pay them to. :dunno

Nope! Quoth the dealer - it's all logged in the computer now as work performed so can't reset the light and take responsibility for work we didn't perform. I'm sure I can pay an independent shop to do it, I just tend to forget once the work is done. The ECU is very concerned however!

I may, though I think Lucy can do it as well. You'd think buying a bike, and doing service with the dealer until the warranty period was up, and still buying parts from them would be enough to earn a reset...

quite amazed, that people use doordash (in san francisco) instead of walking, driving or taxing (bussing?) to a place.

then was MORE amazed that apparently one dinky crappy place makes 80 (EIGHTY) virtual pizza places to appear on the doordash app... :wow and apparently people do order from them, sight unseen :wtf ...

https:/bill.rеddасk.man/r/sanfrancisco/comments/193vy3h/one_pizzeria_80_storefronts_on_doordash/
--

Dealers choice :teeth:ride

BTW the bike was a shiny white Triumph Daytona with a red trellis and I talked to them; also about Ducs shutting on the fwy mid-ride... :wow

Last edited:
Nope! Quoth the dealer - it's all logged in the computer now as work performed so can't reset the light and take responsibility for work we didn't perform. I'm sure I can pay an independent shop to do it, I just tend to forget once the work is done. The ECU is very concerned however!

Saw this and was wondering why I haven’t seen that light yet on mine so just checked the manual for recommended interval, 9000 miles. I’m at around 7500 and on my 3rd or 4th oil change with another planned when I pull it out in the spring.

I changed the oil myself on my triumph and then the light comes on a month or so later. Had to pay the dealer $40 just to turn it off. So figured next time Id just bring the bike to them for the oil change. Which I did but I was a thousand miles or so early, then the light comes on anyhow when it hits the mileage recommended in the manual. The dealer didn’t reset the interval.
So now I’ll be looking at that light until it needs another change.

So now I’ll be looking at that light until it needs another change.

There's no light, just an ever more urgent message on the dash when you start the bike. Mine is at the point of flashing "oils change overdue!" or something like that for a few seconds. I do mine every 6k or so, sooner if there has been a lot of dirty riding so I just ignore it. At 46k it'll need to be topped up at about 4000 miles with a half quart or so.

There's no light, just an ever more urgent message on the dash when you start the bike. Mine is at the point of flashing "oils change overdue!" or something like that for a few seconds. I do mine every 6k or so, sooner if there has been a lot of dirty riding so I just ignore it. At 46k it'll need to be topped up at about 4000 miles with a half quart or so.

The triumph is the one with the light on. While it’s on I noticed I can’t switch engine modes. Not really a big deal though.

There’s not enough miles on the hyper for first recommended oil change. At the rate it’s used I should be seeing that message spring of 2025 and will probably just bring it to the dealer since turning off the warning will be included in that service. If I still have it by then.

Weird...Ducati doesn't allow it but BMW can/will reset the system for me all the time and I presume they're doing so without having to acknowledge that any work was performed. That's just odd on Ducati's part.

Back