Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Abac where are you

I think my MMI is dead. Halp.

Had a successful day giving stuff away / selling some audio stuff to Jésus. I had give him some audioengine A5 powered speakers but the analog interface from his TV sucked so I set him up with a pre-amp and a turntable I bought and subsequently don't need. Now his TV feeds the pre-amp with optical digital, sound is great, and he got records from the library to test the player :)

Decent little affordable setup.

I love giving away hi fi gear to folks who appreciate it.

I have my old Sansui 881 and a pair of B&W DM100i speakers to give away at some point to the right person.

Sansui works fine, the lights on the FM dial don't work but they are not a hindrance to FM performance.

Had it in college; the speakers are from the eighties.

Abac where are you

I think my MMI is dead. Halp.

U need a new one. Sry :facepalm

Is it the display or control panel? Realistically if it's dead your best bet is to source a used one.

I have an aftermarket display now, the RSNav thing - but I've had it for like 2 years and it hasn't been an issue. I can still swap to the factory MMI interface.

I tried the fancy 3 button reset thing, and I checked the fuses, nada.

A few times it comes up for a few seconds but if I try to actually do anything with it, right into the black screen.

U need a new one. Sry :facepalm

Is it the display or control panel? Realistically if it's dead your best bet is to source a used one.

Would that be true if it's just the display delaminating? That happened to our Subaru and while they did eventually replace it under warranty, I found a source of replacement panels in case they didn't. What I don't know is how much of a pain the replacement would have been.

These touchscreens seem to have a very finite lifespan, which would make me uncomfortable with a used unit, unless it was one that had not been subjected to much sunshine or heat.

Edit: I was writing this while Mike was replying. Doesn't sound like the display exactly...

The display itself is fine, that I verified.

This is what happens if I try to switch to the Audi MMI instead of the android interface

Attachments

• mmi.jpg
    mmi.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 14
kinda amazing :wow :wow my front brake lever was making a "click" problem so I think I managed to fix it.

take off wheel . squeeze a bunch of times . realized that I have to retract the piston now. A bit of cleaning, taking off pads, and pushing... Et Voila , the wheel was installed OK again!

juust a tiny bit of rubbing of the disk at some offset but.,... enough for now.

I'm trying my best to keep writing in my blog about my month long cross train trip in 2016. Put everything into just one place.

But its hard because I can't even get past San Antonio without laughing so much..

This is gonna take awhile. We're not even getting into New Orleans... where the only regret I had is I didn't bring my IRON man onesie...

Another evening. Another aggro driver

... while I'm stopping to park (after he had been tailgating me)

Probably criminals!!!1 :laughing

Last edited:
My kid decided they're going to start collecting vinyl because I guess it's cool these days. I scored a free audio technica AT-LP120-USB that has literally been used once. Right now we're listing to it via USB through their computer and a Bose Bluetooth speaker that sounds...not bad. Looking for recommendations for compact amp and speakers that'll fit with the turntable on say, a dresser, for example, without eviscerating my bank account.

It's probably the MMI module.

Next question - is there a separate controle module, or just the actual dash mounted radio part?

Next next question - does the dealer have to recode a new one if I get somethign from ebay for a few hundred or is there a different tool that can be used to code it?

Back