• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Can you keep the other cat clipped so he can’t get too far outside and the older can can come and go as he pleases?

Not really. The whole situation sucks. I used to be a cat person. I'll never have another cat again.

It's funny, this chick at work was showing me photos of her new kitten. Ten years ago, I'd be like "Ohhhh how cute". Now I'm like "what the fuck are you thinking?"

I empathize, my buddy's cat I took care of had dementia and would screech randomly at 3:00 a.m.

I have no good suggestions, other than someone could adopt the dumb cat and you could let angry cat do as he pleases.

What if he were to start living outside, with access to the catio for heat and whatnot? How old is the asshole?

Making me feel lucky that the worst mine does is come at me for head scratches if I happen to be awake, or meow at the bedroom door if it is left closed.

Seems the times I bought used I ended up with a computer that couldn't handle what I asked of it faster, this one is my only computer, so it needed to be able to do it all. It's light enough to travel as well so that is an added benefit.

Have a look at Inkscape too for SVG messing. They've got a new version that's done some good stuff.
Trace Bitmap makes for some boffo clipping masks.

Got a new 32g mem Beelink NUC last month after coping with a 12 yo laptop that came with W8.
Was finally able to find something after the prolonged covid shortages ($370 black friday deal).
Torched Windows and loaded Linux first thing.

Last edited:
whoo hooo, Guitar show at the Marin Civic Center this weekend!

sup

nice (not sure why, still)

-

so I guess I'm never getting a cat, huh
(secretly sometimes thinking of a fox-terrier)

Last edited:
I'll check it out, it actually came up when I was searching on how to vectorize things. I recall being able to do this with Photoshop, but I haven't touched anything from Adobe in... a very long time.

I am mostly mocking things up to get an idea of what I want at which point I'd let the artist turn them into more simplified line art. What I do have might make for good stickers though....

Ok that's a pretty robust app, I'm gonna have to go hunt down some tutorials, but for now, simply being able to take something from GIMP and run trace bitmap on it is pretty nifty!

cats are generally pretty easy to read, meow means do something for me, open a can, open a door, scratch my ears, do it some more.

We have one. That is not good enough. We also have a cat door, that he won't use. To be fair, he was pretty old when we moved here and I don't expect him to figure out that one.

Dang... One of our girls has this plaintive MROW! And she'll do it constantly when she wants out. Which is often because our daughter decreed that she's not allowed out after dark anymore since she got in a fight with some other critter and lost a chunk of her tongue. I have a feeling that cat will be super more annoying when she's older. The other two cats scrape incessantly at closed doors :facepalm all 3 cats just kinda tolerate each other, although the little one really just wants a playmate and the older 2 are just bitches to her :(

this cracked me up:

Tire Stretching
Tire stretching for cars is a modification where a tire is mounted onto a wider wheel than recommended by the manufacturer. This causes the tire's sidewalls to stretch tightly over the wheel, creating a visually distinct and aggressive look. While it enhances a car's appearance by giving it a wider stance, it can lead to reduced grip, handling issues, and a harsher ride due to the smaller sidewall. Safety concerns, including compromised traction and potential legal violations, make careful consideration important before attempting tire stretching.
Welcome to like... over a decade ago, maybe two.... :laughing

Everyone I've talked to who has opinions on such matters agree that stretched tires look dumb as hell :laughing

Welcome to like... over a decade ago, maybe two.... :laughing

Yeah, I thought they just put tires on rims that were wide. I didn’t know they actually stretch them. Silly fashion things.

Yo yo yo, morning!

So the car says "oil change + inspect" in the dashboard, but I think I will change the oil myself and just replace the air filter...due to circumstances.

So much for inspection, it hasn't seen an official mechanic in 15-20k. I think I can inspect brake pads myself.

Inspection in between services are for people who don't pay any attention to their vehicles, change that oil and filter and drive happy. I need to figure out how to reset the oil change light on my Ducati (dealer won't touch it) as it thinks I am WAY overdue.

Had to move my car early due to bad parking, it was properly chilly in SF this morning. Also, rush hour traffic still sucks.

Last edited:
Back