• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Good morning! Birds have been having a raucous party for the last hour plus.

Morning(ish) slept in today, I only have a total of 365 miles left and two days too cover that distance, so I slept in and won't be leaving until checkout at 11 here. I'll probably ride a few hundred miles and stop whenever something looks good. It's Friday and the eclipse traffic is starting so I may run into issues finding a place to stay. I'll probably try to book something at lunch to have a plan.

Ride baby ride! Melissa, hope the Miata goes back together without a fight.

" I need to get out of the house "

So I realize that's why people walk around buying coffee...

-

Melissa if you want to be official and super clean this repair could be very very much. Each piece may cost hundreds and with the assembly etc...

But if you had a friend to lol underneath perhaps it could be just slapped in place and new screws out in. My friend had to do this to the wife's Toyota of course when she crashed into ..ahem parked ... Over a parking stop and ripped something underneath

Ride baby ride! Melissa, hope the Miata goes back together without a fight.

I have a 1994 Miata R model that came with a somewhat flexible front lip and it constantly hits things but is firmly attached so zero damage in 30 years of abuse which is amazing.

Attachments

• Front Lip.jpg
    Front Lip.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 13
You can get the plugs/screws online and pop them right on in. Also did that after I pulled the plastics off the underside of the CRV after driving over a snowball (ice ball) dropped off a semi in front of me.

It ripped off and the little bolts popped out. The piece seared off in one long piece.
It'll be a very expensive mistake.

I have the day off today. How fantastic.

Yeah for the day off!

Need a few pics of dismembered piece to access repair for reattachement to Loved one. Did this piece snap / break off another larger piece?

Guessing it's something like an Under Body Splash Shield or maybe the chin spoiler, or part there of.
Bolts... plastic or metal? Were the bolts pulled out of the mounting framework or still attached? If still attached they'll need to be removed. Lots of cars use plastic push fastners, pop rivets, screws, clips, and/or small bolts that screw into a caged or clip nut.

Hopefully no other damage to the underside of car when moved off the the parking curb.

Last edited:
Rode some bike, met some women who found a whole purse, made attempts to contact the owner. The women put it into the nearby park/restauranty thing…

I have a 1994 Miata R model that came with a somewhat flexible front lip and it constantly hits things but is firmly attached so zero damage in 30 years of abuse which is amazing.

“It” hits things lol :laughing:thumbup

Sometimes I think we, consumers, are cheated into buying bad sporty cars unsuitable for these 2nd to 2.5 world roads

-

What Melissa took off might be the whole side wheel arch splash protector, or it might be not.

Sometimes I think we, consumers, are cheated into buying bad sporty cars unsuitable for these 2nd to 2.5 world roads

-

Hardly it has almost 200k miles on it, not a single minor failure of any kind, not even a flat.

It has survived 30 years of our bumpy back roads with nary a rattle though I did change out the suspension which was designed for flat autocross 5 years back for a more compliant ride.

Thankfully it only has 50 aspect ratio tires on it unlike the newer cars with ridiculously short sidewalls that lead to wheel/tire failures.

Now that is dumb.

my 74 Capri has bumpers that are certified to survive orbital reentry.

my 74 Capri has bumpers that are certified to survive orbital reentry.

Nice cars.

My mom had a 2.3 liter V6 automatic in Belgium.

Yellow with black vinyl top.

Like this but with stock ride height.

Attachments

• capri.jpg
    capri.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 13
this is my 4th Mazda Miata MX-5 and definately the most expensive. The part that sheered of was cracked and broken in a few spots. I just ordered a replacement part and they will fix it next week.

I want my baby to look good too.

So, yesterday I was having a text exchange with a co-worker while I was driving to the office. This was speech to text on my part...

Me: I want to introduce you to HubSpot today.

Co-worker: That sounds good to me. I've used HubSpot previously for getting a reading group organized, but I don't think I mastered it very well.

Me: I'm sure I have not masturbated either, but it's great to hear you have experience with it.

Thanks, Siri. :facepalm

So, yesterday I was having a text exchange with a co-worker while I was driving to the office. This was speech to text on my part...

Me: I want to introduce you to HubSpot today.

Co-worker: That sounds good to me. I've used HubSpot previously for getting a reading group organized, but I don't think I mastered it very well.

Me: I'm sure I have not masturbated either, but it's great to hear you have experience with it.

Thanks, Siri. :facepalm

don't text while driving.
:laughing:twofinger

nor post on barf. /likeabrokenlink

yeah it helps to review messages if you're speaking to the phone (like I do when I'm posting.)

everyone is ignoring the Automatic Mac10 in the first page of the knife thread. Lol.

That really is the takeaway.

yeah, I have many silly posts that were "typed" while walking ... and talking to the phone.

Same as that post that I said "it's typed while driving". It was actually completely google-to-text and it was at a stoplight.. .and I know the MMYRIADS of stoplights very well. :laughing

Back