• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

You could tell me who could rebuild the chains on a 3.2 VR6…. :( bad mood but eh

Anything with self help ?? I mean on the engine. Otherwise. Feeling like I’m in a slump too :(

Timing chain on a VR6 is an engine out job. Many, many labor hours.

I dunno. I actually haven't read any of those comments nor threads, so I can't have an opinion. But yeah I think the israel/hamas thread should have been in the PF to begin with, maybe that's why I've been avoiding it.. But it's probably left out here b/c it's such a "popular" and obvious even to speak about, jus tto have an outlet

Timing chain on a VR6 is an engine out job. Many, many labor hours.

sad sad sad... yeah I've heard about that. Seen some people get with a friend in San Jo and put a rail on top of the car and lift the engine. Oh well

not sure what to do though

There are two Israel/Hamas threads, one if PS and one in KS. That's not great, but I guess one can theoretically discuss a war without it being political. It's easy for the line to get fuzzy.

If you think something is getting political in there, report it.

Been a rough couple of weeks but my friend is out of the hospital and took her dog back. Bali went nuts when she saw her mom. I have her on a good routine and she loves walks but still doesn't hang out with me between walks. She's so attached to her owner she's neurotic as heck when she's not around and a sweet normal dog when she is.

After she left I wet vac'd the carpet so disgusting the water that came up. Then vacuum and mopped the whole house it's so clean.

I've decided not to do the timing belt on my car, and it's not really an engine out job, but you do have to rig up a support for the engine. Seems worth paying for. When I had a VR6 I was dreading the 1k + cost of timing chain / water pump repairs, then someone ran a red and totaled the car before I got the service done. Problem solved, too bad I'd spend 1000 to replace the heater core a month or so before hand.

Hi from Leander, my body is not pleased with me after 2200 miles over the course of 7 days. Bike is also running rough, as it always tends to do on longer trips for whatever Italian reason. Might disconnect the battery over night to reset the stored data in the ECU, might just ignore it like I did last year on my trip to / from Colorado. It always gets me home, just isn't any fun riding slow around town.

Probably should go to Austin today / tonight if I'm gonna, weather looks crappy for the rest of my stay, Monday will probably be crazy after the eclipse, and I don't think I want to start my ride home on Wednesday with the inevitable hangover.

will play D&D today lawful good paladin with a plus5 holy spear, gonna rekt some baddies

About the timing, yesterday when I was driving my car I heard more noise from the engine, so it might be the chains!

When I had a VR6 I was dreading the 1k + cost of timing chain / water pump repairs, then someone ran a red and totaled the car before I got the service done.

sadly I think for my car and the current days, the price may be 4k or even $8k... not sure which person/place even does it.
So that's why I'm not sure what/where/how to proceed. :( :dunno

-

Here I am once again not posting while driving..but from a church!!!

Last edited:
... so .. nice weather outside, attended a concert of an organ performance :wow

good that TZ posted about it :D so.. therefore that's how I bumped into TZ! :party

can't miss it. free concert, why not? ;) it was good for the experience, that plaza is so beautiful and the church is so big.

fun times, good to see everyone! :banana

--

Tz, I have been to that "ethnic" bakery (Russian) many times , even this week, I think they've increased the prices slightly. But it often had a looong, busy, line b/c of the good price/yumminess ratio!

Last edited:
It was great to meet you today and I’m glad you got to hear the organ. Two years of my life went into that thing!

Eclipse day is here, and so is the weather. Partly cloudy skies right now but dark clouds are looming and there is a chance of some very texas-y weather later including giant hail and tornadoes, so, that'll be interesting.

About the timing, yesterday when I was driving my car I heard more noise from the engine, so it might be the chains!

sadly I think for my car and the current days, the price may be 4k or even $8k... not sure which person/place even does it.
So that's why I'm not sure what/where/how to proceed. :( :dunno

-

Here I am once again not posting while driving..but from a church!!!

Well I wouldn't necessarily trust your current slate of mechanics, that is certain. I need to find a good shop for my VW. The yelp reviews for this shop seem promising, I don't expect they'll be cheap though.

-- I have to check out this shop later

My friend was telling me he found a place in Soma, might be the same-- they probably looked enough look cheap enough for him cuz he's German of course... Cheap

Currently on a line trying to check out the partial in SF as well(library next to Philz)

edit: saw it
Cookie monster has taken a bite of the sun

Last edited:
Clouds parted for a bit so I have been able to watch the start, not sure if I'll see totality though, hoping for some luck!

Clouds are coming and going so with some luck we might get a clearing at the right time to see totality, otherwise, it'll just be dark which should still be weird.

Well this is about all we got...and the cloud cover helped. :laughing

434960103_10229352698975760_4176341193733600005_n.jpg

Back