• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Wow, got lucky here in Texas and got a break in the clouds just in time to totality, what a treat! That was an amazing thing to witness. Made all the effort to get here worth it.

AP1GczP-k8TObXgF_0PuW7lbHgMkpCNznqJJ4lubXYuNTtNZ5XZ3SMg3WRCtduC4KJn2N_u-ICKFOmEgrbrxoneXpOiXeB9cqfZQPutjUmLJXvJvpWBFQ2EMm2yBkqb1w641bjg1GFT8uQMkTVvMvit3hFoucw=w1071-no-gm

AP1GczPUEYIyu1EzAOxzSeasUbkG1VIgTuj4d_l9FSEu56Ih8O4Y1ApJwzibHD15pgQihXx49WmApuDZnTuCbKmT1kdMfcC5qMppNmeXu58zdbI3Ff4yaSdJ8tVHd1ya7m8-HxIxK9SZRH2l028u3Zq1-BQuJQ=w1071-no-gm

Last edited:
We were leaving TJ's in Roseville right at the peak, for here, and they had a guy out front giving glasses to people so we checked it out. Kinda neat. It was noticeable, like wearing a really lightly tinted pair of sunglasses.

The temperature drop here was noticeable, it was almost chilly (in comparison the 81 degrees it is now) by the time we hit totality.

Unpopular opinion but I find solar eclipses to be fairly 'meh'. I mean on a cosmic scale they're pretty cool and all but I've been lucky enough to experience them several times throughout my life so at this point I wouldn't put up with much travel or inconvenience to see one in person again.

Still reveling in the fact I saw the eclipse. Next up, I might get to see what a Texas sized storm looks like in person. The KOA says I'm welcome to park my bike under the pavilion to avoid the hail if it materializes.

Nice
Good that Nate got to see it after all this travel

-

Meh or not, I haven’t experienced “a couple” in totality, so…I’m thinking it’s fun.

What’s interesting is my eyes hurt from the sunlight even without looking at the sun. Spent some time looking at the phone pointing at the sun, under a brimmed hat however ..:dunno

There’s a house boat in the bay again, being moved..someone posted it on the netter. I wonder if some barFers are involved ;) probably not

I am with the same two people I was for the last eclipse; not family members. Next total eclipse will be in about 20 years.

Next one over the US anyway, I think there may be other areas in the world to catch one if you are willing to travel. reminds me, I met an eclipse chaser during my travels, he was a nice guy and quite the character. Gave me his card, I should email him to let him know I saw it.

Unpopular opinion but I find solar eclipses to be fairly 'meh'. I mean on a cosmic scale they're pretty cool and all but I've been lucky enough to experience them several times throughout my life so at this point I wouldn't put up with much travel or inconvenience to see one in person again.

I like the math and brains of it. You have people that believe all sorts of nonsense like the earth is flat and the moon landing is fake, but then look at the math involved in being able to tell people where every rock in space is going to be on exactly x day at x time and what it will look like exactly where you're standing on x coordinates. It's a widely observational manifestation of idiots losing to smarty pants'.

First one I remember was in New Jersey, musta been 3rd or 4th grade. We made little pinhole box things.

Huh, I could probably find a chart of all eclipses in the US and figure out where I was for each one. Neat.

Meh, true. I just walked out in my driveway. :dunno

Errr

Yooo

On a lighter note : | :laughing I’m going under the car to fix the non-attached underbody shield (for which I’m gave large money on a repair) and/or undo the AC sensor.

As some of you expected, I found a side skirt plastic broken underneath and a fist sized piece flap (near the R wheel ) missing. Can’t be sure it hasn’t been missing for years however. :dunno

2fypqeE.jpeg

Last edited:
It was great to meet you today and I’m glad you got to hear the organ. Two years of my life went into that thing!

Andy, do you have any videos of your organ(s). It's such a different hobby/passion compared to the things my motorcycle friends are into.

But I've never seen video.

What do you know?

One of the eight screws into these little metal fasteners which are plugged onto the plastic edges is stripped. : | wtf? Thanks much repair shop...

All of these screws in to plastic, T-25 torx were tightened a lot, I presume with eh power driver :mad

And one refused to come out no matter how many times I turned it... Making the underbody shield non-removable. :(

qRmgdhQ.jpeg

I tried sticking my screwdriver there, still can't remove it.
Edit:I took the whole splash shield out, and removed the screw after a lot of twisting and bending. Both fastener and screw are crapped out, screw was stripped at the bottom :( :mad . Thanks, repairshop Tomas sports tuning

Last edited:
Andy, do you have any videos of your organ(s). It's such a different hobby/passion compared to the things my motorcycle friends are into.

I may have posted a video walkthrough of the large organ we’ve been building before the pipes were populated. Now that it’s done, I should shoot another one.

I can send you a short video of my organ. Or a video of my short organ. Either way, it's the same video. :twofinger

#dickpic

Got invited to dinner with a larger family who are all staying at the KOA for the eclipse, saved my from my Skippy and honey sammich plan, but now I'm gonna have a lot of leftover Skippy and bread that I'm not really gonna have to room to pack.

Currently sitting on my porch smoking a cigar sipping on some whiskey. Probably be in bed early tonight.

i mowed the lawn here at casa de tramp. i haven’t mowed since last autumn and the grass was pretty high.

in other news my cat is a horrible gardening assistant.

Back