• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Good morning from Interstate 5!
Nate is a beast!

Might try and go down to morro bay and inspect a project next week. Might stop in carrizo plain on the way to see the flowers.

I really really hate the new credit union I'm with now after they bought out the credit union I had before. It's been nothing but a headache on damn near everything I've needed to do.

Frustrating because my former credit union has been nothing but wonderful in every aspect for the 20 years I was with them.

I was trying to deposit a check using the mobile app, like I've been doing for years... I don't remember the last time I was actually at any branch or shared branch in person. It wouldn't let me. So I called them up to find out why. The lady told me my account isn't cleared for depositing checks via mobile. What the fuck does that even mean? She said she'd look into it and call me back. She never did. Now I'm on hold with someone else "looking into it".

Ugh. :rolleyes

Morning from Phoenix, I guess I live here now or at least until I can get a new chain on my bike. Currently scheduled as a walk in for a fancy euro shop on Tuesday but I'm gonna call around today and see if I can find another option.

I ditched Wells Fargo for Chase and so far I have found them to be decent. As far as banks go.

Morning from Phoenix, I guess I live here now or at least until I can get a new chain on my bike. Currently scheduled as a walk in for a fancy euro shop on Tuesday but I'm gonna call around today and see if I can find another option.

Bummer indeed.

As far as Ducati problems go though, that's a relatively cheap one!

But not if you have to sit on your butt in motel for 3 nights.

There must be some cool things to do in Phoenix but I've only driven through.

It appears that I will be finding out what there is to do in Phoenix (which doesn't seem to be spelled phonetically the more I type it out, wtf English?)

I've called a few more shops and gotten nothing by voice mail so whatever race weekend is happening I suspect anyone who is into motorcycles is probably there.

I assume this will be the 3rd chain for that bike.
Being on a road trip will that mean you’re looking for a clip type master link instead of rivet?

I lived a block away from Roadrunner Park in Phoenix when I was a kid. There used to be a pretty sweet BMX track there with some nut-cracker jumps.
Also a pond with fish and ducks.

I ditched Wells Fargo for Chase and so far I have found them to be decent. As far as banks go.

I've been with Wells for so long I can't imagine banking with anyone else...which is annoying now since the nearest branch is a 35-minute drive over into Georgia. Thankfully I can do pretty much everything I need to remotely these days.

I'm not sure that comparison is great, but yeah, I had no problems with Chase, either.
GL with the chain. Crazy experience !

Excellent! You were saying you wanted to see snow, so I'm glad you went and did that. Hope kiddo had fun.

yes,... "saw snow" ! :banana

some awesome experiences there!
2 days : Bunny slopes. Even went on big (green runs.) ... which was too much sometimes.

too bad I also face-planted :(

Last edited:
I've been with Wells for so long I can't imagine banking with anyone else...which is annoying now since the nearest branch is a 35-minute drive over into Georgia. Thankfully I can do pretty much everything I need to remotely these days.

Isn’t Wells Fargo pretty much mostly a criminal enterprise

Snow will get ya, I fell quite a bit when I was snowboarding with my brother.. right before this now, somewhat long road trip. Feels kinda surreal, while I'm bummed to miss some riding I had planned, this has been an interesting diversion so far.

All banks are

I was gonna say that all major banks have done underhanded shit. Wells is no different than BofA or Chase or any of the rest of them. I just can't bring myself to use a local smaller bank or credit union for regular checking account services. They simply cannot match the benefits and services that the major banks do for checking accounts.

Morning, sipping coffee at this AirBNB before it's time to GTFO. I found a neat place two miles from the shop in Chandler AZ. Check in there isn't until 3pm though they will let me know if I can check in earlier once it is cleaned.

Limbo mode engaged. I'm planning to limp the bike over there is surface streets as the thought of the chain going on I-10 through Phoenix sounds like I'd die.

I assume this will be the 3rd chain for that bike.
Being on a road trip will that mean you’re looking for a clip type master link instead of rivet?

The local Ducati shop offered a clip style chain, but I don't really trust those (silly I know) I probably should have gone with that. I don't have any tools to do a chain so I'll have a shop do it. Recaro Veloce (which I am pretty sure is Italian for expensive :laughing) is gonna throw a new chain on for me Monday. I'll run it to get home and then replace the sprockets with fresh ones. I'm pondering if that can be done without breaking the chain...

If you count the stock chain this will be the forth chain for this bike.

I lived a block away from Roadrunner Park in Phoenix when I was a kid. There used to be a pretty sweet BMX track there with some nut-cracker jumps.
Also a pond with fish and ducks.

So you're saying I should ride the Ducati over there and send it?

Morning from rainy Stonybarf.

Boo on the rain, though, I feel a little less bad about missing this round due to my trip now. I'm sure I'll get stuck riding in that rain soon enough on my way home.

Last edited:
Why else would I mention it?

:laughing

Also, there's a Burger King around the corner from Roadrunner Park that has been there since the 70's.
Also also, there used to be a Kmart right across the street from Burger King that my brother and I stayed the night in when we ran away when I was 11.

Lots of mean dad history here in Phoenix, sounds like the makings of a walking tour!

Back