• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

I wish microsoft would fix their shit. I just restarted my laptop four times to try a rename a folder. Keeps telling me can’t complete because folder or file is open in another program. Nothing is open l, it’s a fresh reboot.
F&$k you microsoft

I get a $16k tax return this year so just bought a new stove, dishwasher, couch, bbq, some shite ikea furniture… Still waiting on HD delivery for some

BP sitting there trying to rename the protected system folder :later

(damn, imagine you have a background process syncing with the cloud and you're trying to steal its (rename) files and it's all like NO NONOOOOOOOOOOOOOO)
[youtube]jBbyKmIAYrk[/youtube]

Last edited:
note on win10 and I believe win11 shutting down and then turning it back on isn't a restart. You actually have to click on power then choose restart.

Mondays are dumb, hopefully on Tuesday I'll be back on the road, limbo is a weird state to be in, particularly coupled with Arizona..

BP sitting there trying to rename the protected system folder :later

(damn, imagine you have a background process syncing with the cloud and you're trying to steal its (rename) files and it's all like NO NONOOOOOOOOOOOOOO)

So why after the 5th restart does it say yes and no longer protected and finally allows me to rename the folder

note on win10 and I believe win11 shutting down and then turning it back on isn't a restart. You actually have to click on power then choose restart.

That’s what I do as it’s the only restart I know.

So why after the 5th restart does it say yes and no longer protected and finally allows me to rename the folder

super wild guess: your "sync with the cloud" is done in the meantime until the 5th restart :dunno

look this thing doesn't just happen out of the blue. What I'm guessing is there was a program that you're not aware of that was causing it.

-

one needs to know the programs/folder / action done to be more certain

---
Today is very Monday. HARRUMPH.

Mondays are dumb, hopefully on Tuesday I'll be back on the road, limbo is a weird state to be in, particularly coupled with Arizona..

I basically wanna go out and be social and have a beer with friends right now. Just to be out

buuut... scheduling or other problems and it's not happening. yea yea I have beer at home but it's not the same :thumbdown

Last edited:
super wild guess: your "sync with the cloud" is done in the meantime until the 5th restart :dunno

look this thing doesn't just happen out of the blue. What I'm guessing is there was a program that you're not aware of that was causing it.

-

---

I am at caveman level in the realm of syncing and cloud world.
The only tool in my tool bag is the restart button.

It’s possible that restarting in safe mode would have prevented the offending process from starting and let you rename the file. You really shouldn’t have to do this. For all the progress MS has made on Windows, it still seems to be held together with bubblegum and bandaids.

-

---

I basically wanna go out and be social and have a beer with friends right now. Just to be out

buuut... scheduling or other problems and it's not happening. yea yea I have beer at home but it's not the same :thumbdown

I live in trampistan, population: 1. There is no drinking with friends unless cats count.

Back