• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Kiddo graduated summa cum laude with a bachelor's in criminal justice.
Pretty stinkin proud of her.

My daughter achieved the same, albeit with a less rigorous degree, and is having a great career.

Congrats.

Greetings from Humboldt. Expected to see the National Guard or something. Am disappoint. :laughing

Sorry Andy you snuck in a post. I really feel for your son. Covid screwing with high school and now protests messing up his college experience.

Apparently my friend has discovered a new species of cricket but the expert wants him to collect a few more. So we are headed to Baja in June to find more.

Yes, Baja in June.

Rev bombing coyotes.

you rev bombed a sneaky triple!

I remember Kent State.

apparently another college, Emory U or something has had it even worse.. than Humboldt. (Not Kent?)

Kiddo graduated summa cum laude with a bachelor's in criminal justice.
Pretty stinkin proud of her.

:thumbup damn. good job then! Congrats. I think there may be some lesson for some of us there... about how-to and distance. :dunno or not. :dunno

Sorry Andy you snuck in a post. I really feel for your son. Covid screwing with high school and now protests messing up his college experience.

Everybody's home safe.

Yes, at many universities, graduating seniors will miss another graduation. In the scheme of things, this is fairly minor for him as a sophomore.

We've been a bit concerned about Humboldt's already tenuous reputation being harmed by this, but oddly enough, as protests, arrests and vandalism are breaking out on other campuses, it kind of dilutes the negative press for Humboldt.

can't believe I woke up at 4:50am. Can't be the coffee b/c (even though I had coffee at 3:30am) I fell asleep semi-easily ... way before 4:50am :dunno

Coffee at 3:30am?!

Got out for a short sail on the bay yesterday with a friend. It was pretty fun, I even skippered for a bit and didn't hit anything nor did I knock anyone out of the boat. A few more folks I know have been laid off, or, are in limbo while they try to find a new role at their company. I do not have high hopes for my job hunt, might be a weird year.

Well, I don't know any jibe, so that is solved :laughing

Haven't been back on a motorcycle aside from a quick errand in SF since my trip to Texas. I should probably ride the KTM a bit to scrub in the new rear tire and remind myself how it handles before I try to tag along with everyone on the way to Taft on Friday. I do like a good rally. :ride

My dog is sick. She is such a little baby.
WRT protests, I think that historically it may boost Humboldt’s credibility. Look what protests did for Cal Berkeley. Agree or not, at least we’re seeing young people take a stand which is refreshing following generations of complicity.

Hope Joy heals up soon. Found out my mom is in the hospital for pneumonia and low blood oxygen, probably there for another day or two as the docs are trying to understand the underlying issue since her oxygen levels have been so low. A little concerning and certainly not the birthday present my dad wanted I guess. I'll have to give the a call if there is a good time.

Jeebus Nathan! Hope mom is OK. Scary stuff.

Back