• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Good morning!!

Super low tides today. Trying to gain back control of the office OMG...

Dogs are up at Yep with W. Just me and the cats for a bit.

Headed to Stanford to climb into a very awkward and difficult to access space. One air reservoir on an historic organ there is leaking badly and we need to figure out how to repair it.

going to work today and I am counting down. I'll be here for 1 week then off to Miami and then 1 more week off. I can hardly stand it!

Wow postwhores on the move. I’m hoping to have my van back in one piece by Thursday.

Only one location I’ll move today and that may be from a coffee cup to a series of pink elephants on a wall

(It’s a drawing on the side of a bar…)

Last edited:
trying to be more serious, funny pic is funny. What do you think? "Streets of San Francisco"... :laughing :laughing :laughing

AP1GczPrMJ_Nb-HpJHxWAebYIvtMmecEdz1DQnMGoUWJYOkjGsgATJOO1RMz3zyTR1c2PLnE1STy3rXf711Nud8ak5PyU4NElHZqjcL12S9gooEG8CFfx2IHKZ2asu5QvMXi4f-ZQmY3VZTWTrkU-6OILWzr2w=w1280-h720-s-no

somebody doing their own maintenance. Took this pic specifically for barf... who knows, maybe it was merely a wheel rotation?

Last edited:
Looks like prepping to work on the car.

teeth cleaning this morn in Berzerkly, DDS office just of Telegraph, wonder if protests will impact area. Maybe ride moto to appointment incase traffic problems occur.

Feels like it should be obvious from a distance. If someone walks in the door with the head up their butt. So then it’s a no hire for you, no?

Hey I ain’t judging. You’re like a blank page to me !,!,,!

——

Perhaps you have a pre screening problem?

Last edited:
IDK-my experience so far is people have learned to present themselves and interview well than become worthless within 6 weeks.

I need help up at Yep building out the garage and installing the pool.

Forcing myself to get a final draft of my resume since my neighbor recently got a job and his company is hiring for a few roles I might be a fit for. Running laundry as well so I can be packed and ready for Taft. Productive-ish?

Feels like it should be obvious from a distance. If someone walks in the door with the head up their butt. So then it’s a no hire for you, no?

Hey I ain’t judging. You’re like a blank page to me !,!,,!

——

Perhaps you have a pre screening problem?

I'll have what this guys having :laughing

damn, that's productive. Good that there's a chance for something new.

-

also it looks like someone above is saying there's manual work. .. :dunno

--

I was just googling technical diagrams. Car/transmissions/HVAC. Turns out, even in SF it's kind of annoying when the A/C doesn't work. Do we think I can replace a whole A/C aluminum line myself???

it's not a hose it's like a 4 feet bent thing running inside the engine bay.

You have to bend them all yourself? Doable but I suspect you need special tools / methods to bend the aluminum lines as opposed to just snapping them in two. Could be interesting.

I would not get too involved in doing it myself AE. It's more involved than just replacing the line, the system needs to be evacuated and charged. If you are a DIY guy you will need to also make certain refrigerant oil is added in with the recharge. The shop you have been using seems to kind of suck I'd take it somewhere that specializes in automotive AC.

no no, the a/c "refrigerant" line comes pre-bent, costs $$$ but exactly cuz it's pre-bent, I bet it's going to be hard to put it in the engine bay, under a coolant bottle and I don't know what else. Like Right engine mount.

just wondering (so far) at this point.

edit: ah OK. yeah anyway still in the "Wondering" / research phase. actually judging by the lack of vids on YT, looks like no one ever does that on this car..

the evap / refilling , I'll always walkin a shop nearby for that.

-- also should I put a piece of Duck-tape on the visible 1/8" hole of the existing line?!?!

(The liquid/evap is loong gone and yes ofc, it's gone either on a street in SF when I first heard the hiss, or, in berkeley - if the shop mistakenly pressed the A/C button)

Last edited:
Ah, yeah, I'm sure it'll be a pain / require the removal of a bunch of stuff. But, maybe doable compared to some of the things you've done.

I updated my LinkedIn and now all the spammy bots, I mean, real human recruiters are telling me that my experience "exceeds conventional qualifications" so, watch out, sounds like I'll be a CEO by the end of the month :laughing

Back