• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

barft.

the tiny X<- marks the spot with a literal hole/broken nub. Yes, I absolutely know I should not, maybe attempt but still looking around.

Attachments

• barft--hole-IS-XO.jpg
    barft--hole-IS-XO.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Damn, so there's no fixing that aside from a whole new line. I mean... how hard could be?

Famous last words of course!

okay, new update. ab.so.lu.tely forget it. It's undoable for me to replace it--because the rightmost end is too burried behind the engine on the firewall. I can see it but I can barely take a picture of it. So it's too tight to unbolt/bolt . So it requires either, "Engine up", or, from underneath, on a lift PLUS removing either the subframe or an exhaust part in order to reach it... IMO :(

v.sad. I knew it was that bad . :(

how about repairing some aluminum/splicing the existing?!?

G-if you need help I will be available to lend you support. I might be small but my strength is large! Please let me know.....

Hey Melissa, when are you back from Miami.

Question for all post whores;

If you were talking to a stranger, over a beer or coffee or whatever and asked them, "tell me about yourself." and their answer was, "I don't know, I'm not that interesting."

Regardless of your response, what would be going on in your mind?

Last edited:
I have this little enameled cast iron skillet and it's awesome, but I can't any mfr info on it. Does the unique handle look brand-familiar to anyone?

The nonstick specifically with pam is nuts. It's the ultimate fried egg skillet, floats like a puck on an air hockey table. But, I want the same mfr skillet in ~10" size..

If you were talking to a stranger, over a beer or coffee or whatever and asked them, "tell me about yourself." and their answer was, "I don't know, I'm not that interesting."

That they're lacking confidence, shy, insecure, etc. Because, everyone is interesting. The question is too generic in that situation, need to work the flowchart.

Last edited:

When people tell you who they are, believe them.

More seriously, there isn’t much to go on. Could be someone very interesting who is sandbagging for some reason. Maybe they’re trying not to have much of a conversation. Or maybe they really aren’t that interesting.

Edit: Thinking more about it, they may not care for the question. I don’t and you might get an answer along that line if you asked me at the right time.

Maybe I'd think they're a little boring but so what, if I like them anyway, I'm not the shiniest gem myself either so

Basically I wouldn't think that much of it

I have this little enameled cast iron skillet and it's awesome, but I can't any mfr info on it. Does the unique handle look brand-familiar to anyone?

The nonstick specifically with pam is nuts. It's the ultimate fried egg skillet, floats like a puck on an air hockey table. But, I want the same mfr skillet in ~10" size..

That they're lacking confidence, shy, insecure, etc. Because, everyone is interesting. The question is too generic in that situation, need to work the flowchart.
Kurt, I believe that many people are programmed to be self depreciating.

RE the skillet: I believe what you see in the photo is awell used pan that has been dropped and the ceramic coating broken. The previous owner painstakingly removed it exposing the steel base.

similar to this one:

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 20
byke, I hear you.

When people tell you who they are, believe them.

More seriously, there isn’t much to go on. Could be someone very interesting who is sandbagging for some reason. Maybe they’re trying not to have much of a conversation. Or maybe they really aren’t that interesting.

Edit: Thinking more about it, they may not care for the question. I don’t and you might get an answer along that line if you asked me at the right time.

Thanks, Andy. There wasn't too much to go on... on purpose.

This was a leading question leading to a point I may or may not expand on but the question was genuine. That may sound counterintuitive. Apologies for that.

Also I'm aware when people tell them who they are, believe them.

Maybe I'd think they're a little boring but so what, if I like them anyway, I'm not the shiniest gem myself either so

Basically I wouldn't think that much of it

Dude, you are incredibly interesting. You're a little weird, for my taste, but you are a super intriguing person sometimes I can't figure out. :laughing:laughing

Last edited:
Kurt, I believe that many people are programmed to be self depreciating.

G, that's fair. A lot of us do this even here just in the PW thread. But you're not answering the question. Not that I'm pressuring anybody on this.

Just throwing it out there because I trust y'all and your opinions.

I'd probably be thinking, "same."

:laughing

Dude, you are incredibly interesting. You're a little weird, for my taste, but you are a super intriguing person sometimes I can't figure out. :laughing:laughing

I think .... We definitely have different planes of operation. Which is fine...

-

Anyway, went to a barf meet today ;)

Morning! Pre work out coffee in hand, dogs laying besides me. Nice way to start the morning.
G-I will be available May 7th through the 11th and then again from May 19-26th.
I hope one of these days match your calendar.

Back