• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Wise policy.

I replaced the front axles in the Volvo this weekend. Am now sipping a Bourbon because I'm aggravated about something I won't describe.

If she’s certain she going to get back up bigger ...

sadly I probably used the wrong company (in my eyes) as an example, I think a) too many of those who had worked there had too much Koolaid b) don't exactly like it

but it was on my news within the last half-day, so.. was the first image I had.

I replaced the front axles in the Volvo this weekend.

:wow :thumbup

-

don't have any random bourbon laying around right now :dunno Only an open bottle of "Old Potrero Rye 18th Century Style Whiskey" for another time.

Last edited:
Gonna be warm this weekend. High eighties/low nineties out here in the 'burbs.

It's cold here. There was snow falling on the mountaintops when I landed Sunday. But, we're supposed to get into the 80s over the next few days. YAY!

We had 8" of snow on Saturday just an hour east of Sac. I love late season snow, makes it so that it's basically impossoble to have a fire through all of June.

Byke, I am also not sad about the late season moisture. I haven't had to water the lawn yet this year and probably won't until late in the month.

Woke up and already done with crossing guard / drop-off guard duties before 8am. :wow :facepalm

late season snow, makes it so that it's basically impossoble to have a fire through all of June.

Actually quite a good reason, yesss

Last edited:

Attachments

• summer.jpg
    summer.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 17
Well I got as far as creating a "professional" sounding email address for use on my resume yesterday and then the usual suspects and a few more showed up and much conversing was had. Back at it now, sipping coffee and pondering how to write my tagline describing what I am looking for when the answer is probably anything interesting with a salary that also pays the bills.

I never knew how to write a tagline on the resume.

"interested in <insert tech field here> " well duh , which job posting do you think I'm replying to?

Heh, yeah, market is looking... crappy. I'm not holding out much hope for a quick hire. Exploring other options at the same time but all the interesting jobs aren't gonna cover my mortgage

Good morning!!
Costco then pick up one of the Betas then tidy up some numbers…

I stopped at the neighborhood bakery shop and couldn't resist getting a slice. Now lunch in the 🏞️ park.

Damn line for 30 feet. People love them. .

Cashier haven't seen me in 3 months , greets me by name, guy knows how to conjole business.... "Streets of San Francisco
---

and yes they did ask for tip on the screen

Last edited:
Yes sir. May or may not actually happen but to be honest 89 feels a lot like 91. :dunno

For sure, close enough. Do you get that moisture heat transmission there? I worked a bit at mare island and would get absolutely fried by the heat and the ocean air if it were anywhere in the 80's.

None of that nonsense here.
We get a nice delta breeze in the evenings to cool things down, but it's annoying for outdoor grilling or dining as it's closer to 'wind' than 'breeze'.

Heading to the mountains tomorrow for a long weekend. Have been looking forward to this. I’ll do a bit of project work, but the objective is playtime for me, my wife, kids and dog.

Back