• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Took 3 hrs to for the Windows update, that’s simply nuts.

Sounds like that new study regarding water is simply verifying findings from old studies, results are not something new.

Just more crap on top of all the other crap we’re bombarded with.

Sounds like that new study regarding water is simply verifying findings from old studies, results are not something new.

My old PC took forever to update.

My new SDD one does it in a flash.

We definitely don't want to dismiss the plastic issue because it's the same as dismissing the larger issue, as if to say that throwing plastics over here is a big deal and over there it's trivial.

They should list it as an ingredient.

My old PC took forever to update.

My new SDD one does it in a flash.

SDD? Mine is SSD and still took 3 hrs. I only use it every couple of weeks and almost every time there’s an update available that takes at least 30 minutes.
Every now and again there’s one like yesterday that takes hours.

Doesn’t seem like i have to deal with this BS with Apple stuff. It’s quietly does its thing at night while i’m sleeping.

always flabbergasted by all that shit that never happens to me

Similarly like that colleague that said "I'm a very careful driver" and then slammed his brakes. (I was riding passenger). Then he added ...but " how come I have been rear-ended three times"?!?! ;)

Last edited:
SDD? Mine is SSD and still took 3 hrs. I only use it every couple of weeks and almost every time there’s an update available that takes at least 30 minutes.
Every now and again there’s one like yesterday that takes hours.

Doesn’t seem like i have to deal with this BS with Apple stuff. It’s quietly does its thing at night while i’m sleeping.

Crazy.

With Winduz you basically have to keep on top of the updates. Used to be you have to turn it on every now and then and wait for it to leech stuff then to update

Then again it's not like I haven't seen the half an hour white screen of update on a Mac, too. Duh

You can schedule it to do it during the night on Windows, too. In fact I think by default it comes to be done after 5pm when the PC is not busy

But you gotta leave the PC on yanno

Last edited:
Seems like the plastic bits are showing up every where, most filtration systems use plastic so any filtered water is likely to pick up these itty bits left behind during manufacturing. Opting to drinks in metal containers means you're getting a nice dose of PFAs, which also seems to be turning up just about anywhere they test for it. Doesn't seem like something that can be avoided at this point. I still buy bottled water on rides when I'm thirsty, getting dehydrated will definitely do you harm.

The SDD I got to store videos seems much faster than the internal SDD on my Chromebook, saving / rendering my edits goes by much faster. Color me impressed.

With Winduz you basically have to keep on top of the updates. Used to be you have to turn it on every now and then and wait for it to leech stuff then to update

Then again it's not like I haven't seen the half an hour white screen of update on a Mac, too. Duh

You can schedule it to do it during the night on Windows, too. In fact I think by default it comes to be done after 5pm when the PC is not busy

But you gotta leave the PC on yanno

Like I mentioned I only use this thing every couple of weeks so don’t leave it on in between. But even if set to auto update there’s still the reboot requirement you have to take park in and the installing updates message when you turn it back on.

With the Apple no reboot required, always ready like a best friend.

The only practical solution is to distill rainwater collected in a glass bottle.
That is until the release of a study detailing the hazards of glass bottles.

Plastics, they're a love / hate relationship. :nchantr

"Humans Are Just a Little More Plastic Now"

This book is a good read.

Attachments

• Plastic- A Toxic Love Story.jpeg
    Plastic- A Toxic Love Story.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Like I mentioned I only use this thing every couple of weeks so don’t leave it on in between..

So you actually do know your problem.

But even if set to auto update there’s still the reboot requirement you have to take park in and the installing updates message when you turn it back on.

No it’s not entirely true, when it installs an update it can reboot by itself , and start, and remain on. Yes, you have to login after that, that’s true. But for personal home use, many people turn off the log-in…so yes I can stay on and reboot itself.

With the Apple no reboot required, always ready like a best friend.

Apple definitely needs reboots, you probably mean “no login required”

Over 1 million plastic bottles are sold every minute!
Micro plastics are showing up everywhere besides the ocean's, it's being found in ground water, plants - think fruits and vegetables, feed stock for animals, etc., etc., etc.
Report on plastic pollution from the United Nations - Environment Programme

https://www.unep.org/interactives/beat-plastic-pollution/

Last edited:
So you actually do know your problem.

No it’s not entirely true, when it installs an update it can reboot by itself , and start, and remain on. Yes, you have to login after that, that’s true. But for personal home use, many people turn off the log-in…so yes I can stay on and reboot itself.

Apple definitely needs reboots, you probably mean “no login required”

My home computer is for banking only. For sure it requires login.

I hardly ever turn my phone off. It gets updated and keeps on ticking

The only practical solution is to distill rainwater collected in a glass bottle.

oh yes indeed, I actually do try to buy beer only in glass bottles.

:cool

until I slipped up exactly only the other day b/c FU TJ, Truman Pils :wtf:gsxrgrl

Back