• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Oh boy

so my friend called me.
Her car got stuck (alternator problem) with her and her kid inside. Car just died...

... She was going to see if she can use my AAA membership. :wow

Anyway I think I'll try to help her even though it feels a a little weird

AAA doesn't care about the car as long as the person with the membership calls it in, as far as I recall. My brother used his a few times back in the day to jump my car when it died, he was with me of course.

Yeah the thing is done already they're off on a truck ;; I came over and waited with them in the pouring rain.

I guess the driver was friendly and they understood each other with the woman

It looks like because the request was via voice to text to a web page.. at the end they didn't even ask my physical card number but just a signature

Of course the driver said no don't worry about it .. it's bad weather so he didn't care all that much about the number

In this downpour I guess my tie rods might get affected. Abacinator said that the weather definitely affects them

Last edited:
Yeah I have a feeling since you have to have you ID info to request a tow the driver is already getting paid and doesn't care much beyond a signature to prove they completed the tow. I'm sure you friend was happy for the help.

Missed an interesting discussion on Sirius Doctor Radio the other day. Was listening just as it started but then had to run into the airport to pick up someone and forgot to tune back in when back to the car. They were discussing toxins in the food supply and environment. Was bummed that I missed it.

On my own for dinner today. Considering I haven't so much as stepped outside today, I should probably resist the urge to get a burrito for dinner and eat a healthier portion of whatever leftovers are in the fridge. The burrito lust is real though.

Looks like I'm going to REI tomorrow to have them retap a screw mounting point. One of the eyelets,/screw holes in their bike seems like it has metal inside, it's incorrectly machined... So. .I'm hoping they'll be able to drill it so I can fit the regular screw to mount a fender

I thought I was fired today....Teams account "disabled" unable to log back into Outlook, Zoom was working for a bit but nobody was responding...

Call tech support...Global Active Directory outage.

The previous record of an annoying stop sign runner was a middle aged woman in a BMW 3series to my left.

Today’s record seems to be beaten by a .. middle aged woman in a 20 year old beige Camry. Again to my left (i.e. I coulda had the ROW)… she was turning right, crested the small hill and nary made a stop… even scared the car across from me.

Morning rush hour, huh? :rolleyes

What’s worse is, I know that crest from driving the other way, sometimes you don’t see pedestrians till the end, due to the angle. Buuut… screw you, pedestrians, you don’t deserve to be walking at this spot and hour, right? What she was probably thinking…:hand

Last edited:
Co-worker texted me saying everything is down. I'm like "Awesome I thought I was fired".

My buddy who moved to South Africa for my old firm, EY, got laid off today after 20 years because the firm fucked itself trying to spin off their consulting division and lost millions of dollars and are now doing massive layoffs.

REI done luckily, friendly guy tapped the screw eyelet ...5-10 minutes labor with a miniscule charge...:rofl ( technically I would have expected for free since the bike was purchased from them and one of the holes was not really working)

Anyway done , now onto attaching fenders or something. Hope I'm happier that way!!!

You'll be ready to ride this weekend! Got a bike ride in today, wet roads but good weather, hoping to end this year with better fitness than I started, it takes endurance to ride awesome motorcycle trips!

Taking a risk with Coffee at this hour, because I felt like a cup. Might regret it later.

Just shit my last espresso for the day. Srsly? O7 th8nk coffee this late is that late? …anyway I had a 4pm rule…

-

Rear fender done, removal of wheel and reattach, can’t screw the last bolt otherwise. Super secure city fenders though

…fml why does it always take an hour each fender at least, though….

I envision the bottom of a portafilter as a large dilated butthole..

I blame the internet for that envisioning...

Coffee has been consumed, now to see if I can be productive

Back