• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Seems kinda standard, places that don't get super serious about beer usually just have an IPA on tap because so many peopl will simply order "the IPA". I've seen a few places that will list their IPA and the brewery and not much more. Moltovs does this with Fieldwork so I always have to ask which one they have..

I remember the days of $8 pitchers of Labatt's

062c139a-1242-481e-94a5-ecfb4b8ea89b_text.gif

Seems kinda standard, places that don't get super serious about beer usually just have an IPA on tap because so many peopl will simply order "the IPA". I've seen a few places that will lisit their IPA and the brewery and..

"I'll have the IPA" :) "From Russian River"

Too funny. "Errr.. we have, an IPA".

Last edited:
I know this bar that has a different band each week. I got all uptight about it because it wasn't the same each time

I'll be in Sonoma this weekend at some swanky joint on the company's dime. Wine tasting at gunbun then as many hotel amenities as we can fit in a day and a half.

Fancy, I do miss travelling when the company was paying.

I'm neutral because of all the damn layovers in SFO. After about 5 minutes of annoyance, I said fuck it and spent my per diem at one of the airport bar/restaurants and got over it.

A couple times, I just went to one of the nearby airport hotels and stayed in one of the suites that was bigger than my 1st apartment. That as on United's dime, not my company.

But yeah, in general travelling for work never bothered me because nothing is on me.

Also on that same note, I haven't spent a single cent this whole week so far.

New job sends me to fabulous places like Coalinga, Mojave, and California City. The work is fun and the people are cool so it doesn’t really matter where they send me. :)

I get to go to Bentonville next month. I travel Monday and Friday for three days in the city. I don’t mind a week of free meals and a hotel.

Ex employer used to send us to Seattle a couple of times per year and put us up in some nice hotels, food was awesome at several of them.

Going out for a hike in Muir woods tomorrow morning. Hopefully we beat the rain!

New job sends me to fabulous places like Coalinga, Mojave, and California City. The work is fun and the people are cool so it doesn’t really matter where they send me. :)

Woulda been nice if I got sent to more scenic or interesting places than the big hitters of central California but I wasn't on vacation so I never complained. I made friends with the hotel restaurant/bar staff and other people traveling there frequently for work. It was nice. Plus it gave me a short drive to visit my friends in SF and Sac on the weekends so I never had anything bad to say about it.

I woulda been fine if they sent me to hell just as often if my office and hotel had A/C.

Norning!
I really just want to work on my van and take Joy to the beach.

Woulda been nice if I got sent to more scenic or interesting places than the big hitters of central California but I wasn't on vacation so I never complained. I made friends with the hotel restaurant/bar staff and other people traveling there frequently for work. It was nice. Plus it gave me a short drive to visit my friends in SF and Sac on the weekends so I never had anything bad to say about it.

I woulda been fine if they sent me to hell just as often if my office and hotel had A/C.

I do like it better than Northern Virginia. Northern Virginia is annoying. (DC is great though)

Made a move this summer to do what makes me happy work wise and I am so glad I did. I get to be an electrical engineer again. :)

Back