• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

I do like it better than Northern Virginia. Northern Virginia is annoying. (DC is great though)

Made a move this summer to do what makes me happy work wise and I am so glad I did. I get to be an electrical engineer again. :)

Congratulations on the move! Agree about Northern Virginia. Kind of reminds me of Marin in that it’s a polyglot Yankee suberb loaded with entitled closet racists.

Hangover sorted via bacon and eggs. Hit the limit of videos you can upload imma day on YouTube yesterday, didn't know that was a thing. I'll upload the last one from the CABDR set today and then start editing Wyoming, probably.

Went to the Tonga room last night for a friends birthday, spent lots of cents and now I'm hungover, weird.

!

So many years, I've never been!!!!1

Need to let go.

Among the funny facts last week by the way is I heard my next door neighbor knows personally the owner of Lucky 13. Now that was a surprise... Not quite sure how "much" they know them...

So many years, I've never been!!!!1

Need to let go.

Among the funny facts last week by the way is I heard my next door neighbor knows personally the owner of Lucky 13. Now that was a surprise... Not quite sure how "much" they know them...

Brian Spiers?

Sitting and waiting for the delivery of OEM air filters for the car and one more oil filter but since it’s raining(or will be?), I don’t think I’m opening the hood and replacing filters(for the “5k “/ oil service)

-

Since I’ve been driving around for 20 or 30 days with the oil service light on
… I wonder if these cars nowadays store the information: “this many days since we advise about a service
-

You know you were going for it. The 3x

Last edited:
I had considered it, yes, and I'm quite sure the ECU stores that info so they can deny warranty work for people who let the oil go extremely long.

I started filling my bird feeder again and instantly I am getting a lot of cute birds daily. Must be awesome for them to find a buffet of stuff they like in the wild.

I'm guessing sparrows but I am not an ornithologist ;)

And the rain has begun, I feel bad as I had read it was supposed to be clear on Saturday during the day and was telling folks as much last night, current forecast shows it will definitely NOT be clear tomorrow at all... :clown

If J. Robert Oppenheimer had been named J Robert Smith do you think the recent movie would have been called "Smith"?

I'm quite sure the ECU stores that info so they can deny warranty work for people who let the oil go extremely long.

very quick google gives these values from ... the BT driver:

https://support.bluedriver.com/support/solutions/articles/43000551789-live-data-guide

for example, there is "Warm-ups Since Codes Cleared"
A warm-up cycle is defined as:

Coolant temperature increases at least 22 °C / 40 °F after startup

so on my car, I looked at that counter recently and it was ..255 . I'm like why isn't this warming up!?!?
and the above link explained it: :laughing:cool
Once the counter reaches 255 it stops increasing

--

usually I do suspect one car has a thermostat/pump/coolant problem though, the temp is frequently above 205 F:
Engine Coolant Temperature

Coolant temperature - usually measured at the cylinder head or before the radiator.
it may have a dub recall :( :thumbdown

Congratulations on the move! Agree about Northern Virginia. Kind of reminds me of Marin in that it’s a polyglot Yankee suberb loaded with entitled closet racists.

Thanks. Old job also told me I would have to move to NoVA if I wanted any growth. No thanks. :laughing

And the rain has begun, I feel bad as I had read it was supposed to be clear on Saturday during the day and was telling folks as much last night, current forecast shows it will definitely NOT be clear tomorrow at all... :clown

I was hoping to hike up San Bruno Mountain tomorrow for the VHF contest this weekend and do some radio work on the 6M band. Oh well, perhaps the family will want to see some Cal/WSU basketball instead.

Back