• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Did you break anything? Sorry to hear that

Apple fritters are insane, they look good on oiled paper in a display case but once you take a bite you can feel your teets fall off. Teeth's. Whatever. Blaming it on autocorrect

I feel the same about pretty much any donut. They look awesome and my inner kid still wants one, but every time I eat one, I feel terrible. My time gaps between donuts keeps getting longer.

Did you break anything? Sorry to hear that

Apple fritters are insane, they look good on oiled paper in a display case but once you take a bite you can feel your teets fall off. Teeth's. Whatever. Blaming it on autocorrect
I'd welcome my teets falling off, teeth, not so much.

I'd welcome my teets falling off, teeth, not so much.
I, laterally, have absolutely no 💡 about this grammar intervention I

Okay I'm approaching the free mountain bike within 40 ft let's just see that...okay got it. I can see why. Cobwebs

Last edited:
G had a kidney episode. Massive infection and pain off the pain chart. Lab labled the first P sample incorrectly and Dr. sort of blew me off. Wound up in the ER again all day yesterday pumped full of pain killers starts with a D and antibiotics.

Oooo Byke, thats a sweet spot for sure.

Dilaudid, its a strong one. Hopefully the antibiotics get you over the hunp asap.

That's it! I actually felt it hit. Kidneys suck when they are unhappy.

Free you say?
why yes. turns out it's a free carbon bike, . I knew a neighbor dude is moving out.

so now I touched, and swiped forth, what I didn't realize is a carbon bike. : | WTF :wow :shocker

I did see the brand when I rode by but could barely believe it, I was like is this dude really dumping it? life is good being a young-ish contractor/builder with two cars newer than mine and moving out of a rental place, I guess!?

BMC brand :wtf ... hydro brakes... AND what I didn't realize exist, ON THE FLY adjustable shocks :wtf (have thumb-triggers OTL side) cranks Deore XT

--
now for the bad parts. the rear cogs obv rusty. slime leaking from the fr tire. I could not even pump the front - not sure what's up with that Presta?! But luckily the rear got pumped slowly to 20 psi (max 60 on the Maxxis) so it proves my hand pump is cheap but hooks up to the valve at least

one of the brakes is compl not working. The lever is limp; But I think it might be a tiny-spring issue ... b/c I See something sticking out. The other one is working.

and the dust/cobwebs, all over. Just left neglected and unwashed I guess.. the only clean part is the tools/repair pouch on the bars 😀

What do we think? Should I try to deal with this at all, considering I'm not really a MTBer? I can't even bunny hop the rear (but that could be b/c I never had a real one)

AP1GczNfTkGMANKdXzyqo86BP1fMao0jc3Gn--JcKG3HBhjjH3VzNy3qCGND87ew11TuM1GpnneJY5YKJw4yxeie3BTiG-e4dMINao2rICyG09h2_jf71p8xwIqxYpL4920ypxFz35Ud4b5nIIGTv4mGLmqpYA=w1461-h822-s-no

AP1GczM9sB_Z2tn7UFJExDdR7oEEHX_EdBDpqibmqH9hHrLh9JXJ-41rdn1TEkLpXLz9ach-TNj8zZf-cX8ywX_FL90xUoN7iF6aQnn1ND_vreafPO9n4v1fm3vyYhEE3u-WTIlbkwiocBRZD8m0IaZxblDiog=w1461-h822-s-no

AP1GczPVwZDS1VhT3kbnEzhjIazOy_uCNfLOXzZ6kKAZKwYbE9mPxRJdgWBkHgJsC8mYc-uQvfeUn4fV9U2v4Bbi73PPoGmGECgTdf-WE4wDr_mVmaVdkLvoqKu04mnTM8U8bTKV-E2KjmmNEHca91fKpkOTSA=w1461-h822-s-no

Last edited:
Definately pick up the bike, if you decide you don't want it post it on barf.
Thx Trampy, really sucks for over a week.

Hey Nathan, Ride the DRZ up to YEP and I can show you how to wheelie that thing. The key is in compressing the suspension and doing the right thing as it releases.

Oh the bike is definitely in. (At least so far)

Currently wondering if to run to the nearest store bc they have a compressor hose sitting outside -- or, it's just going to blow this presta valve in the front, so it would be more than useless...

Sorry to hear about the illness...

What do the cool kids do these days for rear stands?

What do we think? Should I try to deal with this at all, considering I'm not really a MTBer? I can't even bunny hop the rear (but that could be b/c I never had a real one)
Take it, fix it and ride it or sell it. Sounds like the soft brake probably needs to be bled, those small master cylinders can get air in pretty easy. I need to bleed mine as well, someday. The tires probably are tubeless and have sealant in them. Sealant has a fun side effect of sealing the valve too if the bike is stored with the presta or shrader valves in the wrong position. You can probably replace the valve with a new one or clean out the existing one. Chain and cogs might just need to be lubricated, rust isn't always a death sentence, and worst case they just wear faster and you eventually replace them anyway.

G had a kidney episode. Massive infection and pain off the pain chart. Lab labled the first P sample incorrectly and Dr. sort of blew me off. Wound up in the ER again all day yesterday pumped full of pain killers starts with a D and antibiotics.
Well sheeeit, that's no good. Let me know if you need anything, I'm just one bridge away. Hopefully the antibiotics take care of everything. I'll either take you up on the wheelie thing at Yep or a Stoneybarf at some point. Tires have about enough rubber left for a weekend adventure. I might also ride the DRZ out to Hawthorne this year unless I get a craving for more paved miles.

Back