• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Tires for YEP work? Meals and beverages provided.

Take it, fix it and ride it or sell it. Sounds like the soft brake probably needs to be bled, those small master cylinders can get air in pretty easy. I need to bleed mine as well, someday. The tires probably are tubeless and have sealant in them. Sealant has a fun side effect of sealing the valve too if the bike is stored with the presta or shrader valves in the wrong position. You can probably replace the valve with a new one or clean out the existing one. Chain and cogs might just need to be lubricated, rust isn't always a death sentence, and worst case they just wear faster and you eventually replace them anyway.
What is the correct position for the presta Valve?

Yes it definitely has semi translucent sealant inside and sadly already leaking

So I guess I need to buy a Presta valve extractor tool from the local bike shop? And then poke or gasoline the valve ..

If it's running tubeless you'll have to remove the tire to change out the valve. When stored the valves should be kept at 3 o'clock of 9 o'clock so that sealant can drain out and not pool in the valve.

Tires for YEP work? Meals and beverages provided.
Tires oughta get me up there for a time or two. Once you're all healed up and I've replaced my helmet and fixed up my riding gear. I need to see if there is anywhere that can repair / patch holes in codura, seems a shame to toss the jacket over one big hole in in the shoulder.

Tires oughta get me up there for a time or two. Once you're all healed up and I've replaced my helmet and fixed up my riding gear. I need to see if there is anywhere that can repair / patch holes in codura, seems a shame to toss the jacket over one big hole in in the shoulder.
I think TWT knows someone that does repairs. You might just ask the folks at Johnson's Leathers if they can repair it.

Onder!

I like my Pitbull stands. Does Onder do textile repairs? Also, I guess I really should get around to fixing up the Golf before that timing belt snaps. I'm just slightly embarrassed to hand it to a mechanic in it's current state :laughing

I was snacking on some cheez its and the cat woke up and yowled at me, so I gave him a cheez it and he was appeased.

Reactions: GAJ
There are these mechanics in the far out nether areas in town you don't like (the areas not the mechanics) :twofinger but apparently some people go there

they're Irish

Should I poke my Presta valve hole with a nail ?

I actually took off the presta core and hooked the pump to the open stump... It didn't take air :rofl ...STUCK 😭

IM THINK there's rubber protector tape over the hole actually

There are these mechanics in the far out nether areas in town you don't like (the areas not the mechanics) :twofinger but apparently some people go there

they're Irish

Should I poke my Presta valve hole with a nail ?

I actually took off the presta core and hooked the pump to the open stump... It didn't take air :rofl ...STUCK 😭

IM THINK there's rubber protector tape over the hole actually
If this is the shop that has been working on your car, I'm not sure I wanna deal with them :laughing You can certainly poke the presta, but that'll push the core into the tire so you'll still be stuck removing the tire. Fun side note, tubeless tires tend to end up almost glued to the rim because of the sealant. It's... not fun.

If this is the shop that has been working on your car, I'm not sure I wanna deal with them :laughing

no, this one is not. However my she-friend has taken her BMW and then mini there, they repair everything . He is however perhaps less-specialized for VWs than the shops I've been to. So he told her once when she had a ca-2002 BMW 530 - "I think you should not repair this car but get a new one"
so, he's that type of a homey person for neighborhood repairs.

also, santa rosa? I haven't been there either :dunno
You can certainly poke the presta, but that'll push the core into the tire so you'll still be stuck removing the tire. Fun side note, tubeless tires tend to end up almost glued to the rim because of the sealant. It's... not fun.

DONNNEEEEE I actually poked and unclogged it. (core was already removed yo!) now sitting at 50 psi will see if the air still holds until tomorrow!.

Well... I did lose the match that I was poking with... so I unbead/kinked the tyre near the valve only!!!! pulled the match and the clog apparently !!!then managed to put back the bead 1!!!!

Then was hella surprised then it pumped!!! Even heard the pops from the bead when it was inflating!

Lots of tiny things learned here ! Thanks for mentioning the tendency of that setup to get clogged.... OMG that was totally the reason

(oh yes. the brake on one side is still broken and its shifter is loose. So yeah 🌹🏵️)

Good morning! Still slammed with this stupid kidney.

hi, GM and General Motors everyboday

wish yall well, but

--

so the bike-hangover is over,
b/c last night I discovered there's a big crack in the frame where the rear-tire has apparently hit the seatstay/frame, repeatedly.. someone crashed that thing hard. What should I do? Just throw it out? :rofl half of the parts and wheels look good.... :dunno

AP1GczMxydmldESS3uOn4iv8dHhRJ2a5_10h0bWzbrVBLrkmEvIc6pUiILX7TKTbQSAc_j0VnHBPUbOaEWhTQMVYgkLLdeaKGBw2Yfv03zBAoc9-eAY1IR3MVStu0bbRJ5YmRacpiRDbmA5gZX5YQoYTa6JDzA=w485-h863-s-no

AP1GczPx2FtPMKk8mFXgYW5bh_q6jtOd7enbEgLA4uXlREPMNvfJmZsjN8Y6sV_Abk0S9E1ouETwWLTwL1qxY8Vfho4bEw6c-qcBFNakxQtyJyGb1fG-I68r_ZwGHT_kSCmLaEpFtMv5JlvknawpRR72t3zbsA=w485-h863-s-no

Back from 10 days in New Orleans, somewhat plumper of course.

Hot but we did a lot of walking.

Nice to be home.

Not fearing today's 92 forecasted high at all.

The cats are over the moon as my horrid daughter and husband spent an average of 10 minutes here in the AM and PM even on weekends.

When my wife sits their cats it's 3 hours in the AM by her and 2 hours in the PM by my sister in law.

Back