• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Interesting! I never had to deal with HVAC crap in California but out here, we priced out upgrading our HVAC system to include the tiki bar in the basement that we're building and it turns out the mini-split was cheaper to have the contractor install over just extending the existing HVAC to the basement as well. :dunno
I had quotes ranging from 19k to 30k to install 4 units, one in each upstairs bedroom and one in the downstairs living room. I laughed in the guys face, kinda felt bad.

Morning hoerzeses! Trying to catch up. @two wheel tramp , I love @peterhively too! I’m looking for a sweet 400cc bike that’s sub 400lbs. A unicorn no doubt.
AC yikes! I am selling a used portable unit for $100.

Today is a big day, able to stand straight and walk up the ramp :party
#kidneyissues

I post a mountain bike,
One goes for a mountain bike ride..

"Wonder how that happened" :rofl
Road bike ride actually, my mountain bike does need some exercise though. I should probably get back to doping rides in the city on it here and there. Today I'll likely just go for a walk though. Zeitgeist was busy yesterday but not crazy, then I tried to play pool at the Pilsner Inn later and got schooled. I need to get back into practice playing pool, I used to be decent.

Morning hoerzeses! Trying to catch up. @two wheel tramp , I love @peterhively too! I’m looking for a sweet 400cc bike that’s sub 400lbs. A unicorn no doubt.

#kidneyissues
Glad you’re on the mend. Both of my sons and I are well acquainted with kidney stones. They suck.

Yes...decently. It holds cool air very nicely all day; if it's in the 60's when I leave for work it's very tolerable. I need to crawl under the house and insulate under the kitchen and dining room floor (hardwood, rest of the house is carpeted) but I have no plans to open walls or anything.
I should probably pull all the existing insulation out of the attic and either blow in more, or lay down some batts.

#kidneyissues
You mighta missed my text with all the ER goings ons, but the Royal Enfield 411 Scram might tick the boxes, 411cc, 408lbs with fuel, capable of a little off road, but lower seat height than the Himalayan. It's on sale at Scuderia this month for under 3 grand.

Only downsides, it's the old air cooled motor so service intervals for valves are only 6,000 miles and it only has a 5 speed transmission, but, assuming it's similar the the old 500 in the previous model Himalayan, it gets the job done nicely and has plenty of low end torque. Probably not gonna want to cruise much above 80mph though.

Yes...decently. It holds cool air very nicely all day; if it's in the 60's when I leave for work it's very tolerable. I need to crawl under the house and insulate under the kitchen and dining room floor (hardwood, rest of the house is carpeted) but I have no plans to open walls or anything.
I should probably pull all the existing insulation out of the attic and either blow in more, or lay down some batts.
Nice.

Several years ago, we augmented our existing attic insulation with this double walled reflective sheeting. I was skeptical but it made about a ten degree difference in comfort.

Kid got that ninjette to fire up, idles but instantly dies with any throttle. Carbs probably still not fully clean

Speaking of AC, the building I am is in the process (gonna be a few more years I bet) of speccing out and installing AC via some big ass condensers on the roof and a mini splits in each unit. It'll be nice to be able to keep the windows closed when it's smokey / or just when I wanna watch TV at night without getting drowned out by traffic. But the intrusive nature of the construction is gonna suck.

if it starts and idles then isn't the pilot a-ok? I own 2 carbed bikes and yet I am not that well versed in carbs.

#kidneyissues
Z400 or if you're feeling fast a Ninja 400, just saying that little bikes are fun. Yeah Yeah I know that no one here likes fun little bikes, Turbo Hayabusa for everyone.

if it starts and idles then isn't the pilot a-ok? I own 2 carbed bikes and yet I am not that well versed in carbs.
No, the most classic sign is that it starts up and idles, then dies the moment you twist the throttle. I'll also say, if you're not well versed in cleaning pilots, it's usually better to just replace them. I can't tell you how many times people say they've cleaned the carb, sprayed cleaner through the jets, yet the problem persists. Varnish builds up over time and they're so small that any change in size from varnish or whatever makes them a pain. You have to actually run some sort of cleaning tool through each hole, do that several time, more spray, etc. For most people it's just easier to change when they're like $4ea.

@tzrider RE stones, more than suck but for some idiot punishment by Gawd or the Universe or the Spaghetti Monster or my own stubbornness, left kidney became infected. Worse than the knee and that says a lot.

@N4teTheGreat I looked it up 408 dry-so it winds up closer to a 460lb oinker without the horsepower to move the soul. I wish the Svart wasn't so wrong to look at.

It seems like a mini-split system would not be in those price ranges! That is insane. I know an awesome HVAC guy if anyone is interested. He is a medalist from the ISDE USA team. very decent guy.

Z400 or if you're feeling fast a Ninja 400, just saying that little bikes are fun. Yeah Yeah I know that no one here likes fun little bikes, Turbo Hayabusa for everyone.
That's on my short list.

Back