• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Ah, without fuel, well, dang, seemed like an interesting little bike otherwise. The old thumper is a heavy motor though, I do recall the weight being mostly down low on the Himalayan I rented, heavier to tip off the stand, but it felt fine once moving. It's is kind of a cool old motor though, very agricultural as they say.

People definitely seem satisfied with it. Really strong on the five star reviews. Depending on how old and inefficient your current unit is, it might be worth swapping it out now. Plus, maybe you get $100 discount on the new one by selling your old one while it's still working well.

Making breakfast for lunch, then I'm gonna walk to TAP plastics to replace a broken piece of glass with lexan and maybe get something to frame up an old poster I got from Uptown before they closed.

I love TAP. They always have marineboard in stock and that stuff is gold for projects.

Reactions: GAJ
Yeah, I like that they can cut to your specs as well, made a custom insert out of Lexan for one of my windows so I can push it into place and vent the portable AC though it. We have windows that swing open outward so none of the usual options worked. It's a lift to get in place but pays for itself on really hot days (which are thankfully rare in SF)

That's a great idea. You'd think the whole window install would be well sorted out by now, but most kits are still pretty janky.

Hello Friends!

20230817.jpg

Making breakfast for lunch, then I'm gonna walk to TAP plastics to replace a broken piece of glass with lexan
aand that's how I learned that shop exists!

I've been a few random times to the hardware warehouse right across, including to replace the sink faucet or cut glass.

-
also lunching, but I have someone to deal with and she's being pretty bad actually. Kind of in a bind .. . . . time flies. : |

Road bike ride actually, my mountain bike does need some exercise though. I should probably get back to doping rides in the city on it here and there. Today I'll likely just go for a walk though. Zeitgeist was busy yesterday but not crazy, then I tried to play pool at the Pilsner Inn later and got schooled. I need to get back into practice playing pool, I used to be decent.
AWESOME
I actually looked up the San Brouno routes RN(how to reach it)... seems quite fun for a road bike. WIll do !!! like tomorrow!!! :rolleyes :maybe :blah

-

so back to that bike I found, apparently carbon can be repaired... :dunno but do I want need a MTB...

Didn't realize that bike had damage to the carbon, yeah it can be fixed, may as well since the price of the bike was free. You can always ride it for a bit and sell it.

I usually do this loop, ignore the weird parts where Google tries to avoid major roads.

Morning hoerzeses! Trying to catch up. @two wheel tramp , I love @peterhively too! I’m looking for a sweet 400cc bike that’s sub 400lbs. A unicorn no doubt.
AC yikes! I am selling a used portable unit for $100.

Today is a big day, able to stand straight and walk up the ramp :party
#kidneyissues
He is pretty awesome.

I was supposed to see a concert in Berkeley tomorrow. My friend got hurt so now I won't. I think I will take fuckboy out for a ride. He was eyeing the 790 enviously yesterday.

:wave I'm doing well, thanks for the greetings. It's that time of year to get outside and enjoy nature.

Back