• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

You know I've wondered about that, doing like a comedic version loosely modeled after Oliver Platt's character in Ready To Rumble when he's down and out in the trailer.

549e8788-73c8-418b-aa04-6934a0ad75d1_screenshot.jpg

I think my biggest challenge is I'm not really technical compared to the current workforce, and despite my long tenure at the big G I never was never a manager so unless they have strategic partners valuable enough that they'll assign them to real person versus making them shoot tickets into the abyss, I don't really have anything that stands out :dunnoif I do get a phone screen that'll be a nice start, but hey, a figure applying to a few jobs a day and something is bound to hit eventually. Worst case I can always load trucks for UPS, at least that gets my health insurance and whatnot handled.
I'm technical, went to a technical interview at amz, had the worst day / video interview and ... didn't pass. :dunno (actually pretty sure posted about this before, told wazzu)

not nice to be technical.

already had my 1 espresso drink with milk, now did "an errand", I'm freezing, there's fog and feeling down, thinking of brewing another coffee pour-over just b/c to feel better, oh behold the wonderful weather.

1718987396382.png

I'm thinking it's not skirt n blouses weather, innit! 48-56 F per the sensors..

Brewing a second batch now, gets me about 4 small cups, it's cold out for sure. Supposed to be nice and warm this weekend though, maybe?

Peak temp here looks to be 92 on Sunday, but with a low of 71, which means we may leave the house closed up overnight with the A/C on, which I hate.

Gonna be 70 in SF on Saturday, which is basically 120 when adjusted for coastal softies like me :laughing

No whole house fan?
No, but I probably wouldn't use it in the evening if we did have one. In the morning, the breeze carries dust from the road to my neighbor across the street, then after the inversion it comes here in the evening. Every time someone drives by in the evening, the dust comes to the house down like a wall.

It's definitely a bit over my head, but maybe my experience will make up for my distinct lack of a masters degree.
There are people who got MBAs along side of me who I would absolutely never hire.

Especially the dude that always kept a thumb drive of pr0n on him and turned in plagiarized work.

In my book, if someone has a track record of good experience, the degree doesn’t matter as much. I know someone who doesn’t have an engineering degree but had so much on the job experience he was able to get licensed as a Mechanical Engineer.

Reminds me, I used to work with a guy at IBM who had chats with other (at the time older dudes, now I'm that older dudes) using IBM's Sametime chat full of boobs and and boo related gifs. We'd go get lunch in Boulder and he'd ask me for my count afterwards. Count of what? Boobs. Never did win that competition.

I'm technical, went to a technical interview at amz, had the worst day / video interview and ... didn't pass. :dunno (actually pretty sure posted about this before, told wazzu)

not nice to be technical.
The way some people did technical interviews at amz kind of pissed me off. They would ask a candidate about something super specific that someone may or may not have experience in and could be picked up on the job in no time.

Or they ask about something using a ton of internal jargon and of course a candidate isn’t going to know that, they don’t work here.

Kind of goes for tech interviews in general.

Having supported people from Amazon as a TAM, I'm not sure I'd ever wanna work there, at least not in Ads.

Back