• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Got a haircut fortunately not raining on the way there, light rain e-biking home.

--
So when I got my Dual turntable last May, I replaced the belt, but sometimes the right channel would go out, and eventually the motor started squeaking horribly, so I had the cables replaced and the motor serviced by a quirky local guy...no storefront, he comes down and grabs it, repairs it, and lets you know when to get it. Worked great but suddenly the left channel won't turn on sometimes but resetting the tone arm and trying again it works...last night it was working but the left channel was definitely quieter than the right.

So....dropped it back off to Novak's Turntable repair, hopefully the total cost + last time will still be way less than a modern new table (the 80s ones were much better on average than the entry level ones today). I use it often so I'd like one that "just works" the first time.

hyper-bored at home on a saturday afternoon

-

last night I saw a moron in a white chevy stopped in the middle of the road, on a fast stretch, in the rain, at dark. Until us two cars came up to him. when I "caught up"(stopped at the next light), by the glasses and male haircut I decided it's simply a very foreign dork in a rental Malibu, who didn't know where to go... so decided to simply stop in the middle of a fast road.

Last edited:
Getting a bit soggy outside at Zeitgeist, not sure how long this newspaper I'm sitting on will last. Guess it'll be time to play pool soon.

All of Hass Pavilion got to hear me jump up and yell "YEAH!" when WSU hit a buzzer beater 3 pointer to force OT. Unfortunately WSU couldn't close out Cal in OT

:)

Yellow Moto pizza on Valencia, 2 thumbs up. Great crust. Walked there and got a ride half way back...good walking today, walked back from Chinatown too.

We went to BiRite ice cream after for a "small" two scoops...got black sesame and peanut butter swirl. Both good.

Posted in the TV thread but if you like watching the Tour De France, the Netflix documentary "Cavendish" is a great watch.

Was never a fan of his but now I have a lot of respect.

Well worth the watch if you are a fan of the TDF.

Good morning.
I watched Gran Turismo yesterday. It was fun.

Good morning.
I watched Gran Turismo yesterday. It was fun.

Good morning

Haven’t watched Gran Turismo
Nor Cavendish

It’s probably fun
Do I need a Netflix subscription right now?
It might be fun but meh it’s another service…sooo

Posted in the TV thread but if you like watching the Tour De France, the Netflix documentary "Cavendish" is a great watch.

Was never a fan of his but now I have a lot of respect.

Well worth the watch if you are a fan of the TDF.

If you've never seen the Mocumentary "Tour de Pharmacy" do yourself a favor and devote 40 min to it today :)

I watched “The Ark” again (it has episodes) it’s a lot of fun but it’s Sci-fi.

-

Also I had Bi-rite ice cream, the other night, too. the family that I helped with that towing in the emergency

It was coffee flavor with Ritual coffee :wow:wtf

Last edited:
Good... not really morning at this point. Mmmm coffee. Had I know it was gonna be dry I might have roused myself earlier for a bicycle ride...

But anyway, probably go grab something to eat and waste the rest of the day.

Dropped off iPhone to Apple store for back glass repair under extended warranty. Glass was certainly a great choice for phone material.
"Do you use a case?" No. Do you wrap your car in rubber? Do you have a case for your TV? Early phones didn't need them suddenly they do?

:)

Back