Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

has 1 coffee and 1 headache and 1.5 hourz of missed sleep.

-

I think I'll go outside to concentrate somewhere

-

the compressor seems fine BTW. After 24 hrs of redoing one joing and putting Thread Compound on it, it doesn't leak! However, I think I simply may have managed to thread it the right way, and not crooked. Someone before me must've always screwed it in crooked and it messed up the thread.

Also, the T Compound seems still soft after 24 hrs of curing. Maybe I should throw out the tube??!? Anyway it pressurized, stopped itself, and I could not hear any hiss. Here is a video about it :)

Anyone wants to pump some tires... :? :rofl if you're nearby...

View attachment 562840
Nice.

Joint compound should never fully harden, so it sounds like yours is working as intended.

Tried to pump myself up yesterday and now my right side is angry at me, it's always been a little unhappy about life, but it seems like sliding on said shoulder wasn't good for things. Might get it looked at, might skip the inevitable instructions from the doc to take a bunch of ibuprofen to see if that fixes it.
Ouch, man. I hope you get sorted out soon. Shoulder injuries are almost as annoying as back injuries.

Yeah, it's been a problem since I dunno when, way back into my 30s, usually just an issue with the muscles in the right side of my back / trap, but recently it's something to do with the point where the collar bone meets the ribcage. It's probably all soft tissue stuff which means I should probably start doing yoga or something but man, at 6'3" and having never been that flexible anyway, I look and feel pretty ridiculous doing yoga.

I should go get a walk in, but where to go. Probably too late to get more coffee...

take a walk to a park and back . (Mind what I... "said" on this thread, many months ago, about random weirdo males walking around ;) you said it's a-okay...)

(actually I went to a neighborhood cofeshop too)

Last edited:
I walked up to twin peaks, via some stairs, and then down and around to get home. Fitbit says 5 miles, that seems like an exaggeration, but I got my steps.

are we allowed to post moto content here?

ktm: keep territory marked.

i parked my adventure after a 1000 mile weekend. i arrived back today and found a wet spot in the garage. wheee.

i’m taking it to superplush tomorrow. 🥰 thank goodness for them and motolucia.

the 950 is @N4teTheGreat’s bike marking territory. 😂
IMG_5690.jpeg
IMG_5691.jpeg
IMG_5692.jpeg

Have you tried a few swipes with a seal saver to see if you can stop the leak? It doesn't often work, but when it does it saves some serious hassle. That said, if your forks were due for service, you may as well just do that.

Have you tried a few swipes with a seal saver to see if you can stop the leak? It doesn't often work, but when it does it saves some serious hassle. That said, if your forks were due for service, you may as well just do that.
there’s a nick on the fork leg and it lost a lot of fluid. i’m setting off on a fairly long ride this weekend and next week so i will have super plush work their magic.

That reminds me, I need to get some of those neoprene fork tube socks for my 1290. Nicks in the lower tubes SUCK.

Back