Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Well I don’t know the name of the current older friendly neighbour living directly across from me for the past five years . She knows mine and mentions it every time she says hello. Was just yesterday evening she knocked on the door to ask who had drilled a hole in her patio deck, we were out chatting for maybe 20 minutes. Too much time has passed at this point to ask names. I just say hello and have a nice day.
Suppose I could fake a head injury, claim my long term memory is temporarily damaged for the opportunity to have her “remind” me of her name.
Following along the idea from Seinfeld, just ask her how they spell her name on her Starbuck's cups when she orders...that should get you your answer.

Pretty cool, but also kind of a late night? I'm just wasting time on BARF now that dinner is eaten and the dishes are done.

It’s not normal for us to tune so late but the schedule is packed with people trying to rehearse and some construction going on.

The facilities folks were working in the steam lines over the past few days and the heat had been off the whole time. It was far too cold to tune, as when the heat was restored, the organ would be wildly out of tune if we had tuned it cold.

The instrument can only be in tune at one temperature. As temperature increases, flue pipes go sharp, while reeds go flat. With a two degree change, the thing would sound like dog meat.

That's quite the climate control challenge then, maybe less so in SF than other parts of the world.

For sure. The exterior is almost done and the lighting looks good. This was 9 PM:

IMG_4372.jpeg

No jokes about tuning an organ? BARF is truly getting older. :laughing
When I’m talking nonsense to our dog Tuna, I’ll say:

“You can tune a guitar, but you can’t Tunafish…”

“You can tune a piano, but you can’t Tunafish…”

“You can tune an organ, but…”

Yeah, I know that not the kind of joke you meant. :laughing

omm wait are you talking a actual steam powered organ? The organ closest to me is electric powered. Yeah I'm 300 feet from on organ.

has 1 coffee and 1 headache and 1.5 hourz of missed sleep.

-

I think I'll go outside to concentrate somewhere

-

the compressor seems fine BTW. After 24 hrs of redoing one joing and putting Thread Compound on it, it doesn't leak! However, I think I simply may have managed to thread it the right way, and not crooked. Someone before me must've always screwed it in crooked and it messed up the thread.

Also, the T Compound seems still soft after 24 hrs of curing. Maybe I should throw out the tube??!? Anyway it pressurized, stopped itself, and I could not hear any hiss. Here is a video about it :)

Anyone wants to pump some tires... :? :rofl if you're nearby...

1719509244834.png

Tried to pump myself up yesterday and now my right side is angry at me, it's always been a little unhappy about life, but it seems like sliding on said shoulder wasn't good for things. Might get it looked at, might skip the inevitable instructions from the doc to take a bunch of ibuprofen to see if that fixes it.

Bodybuilding instruction is welcome too. :laughing

amazing that a schedule and a buddy helps you exercise more

Yeah, I found this compressor on the street and now it’s working okay. Granted I already bought a tire attachment or two and may need to buy a new hose this one seems old stinky and leaky.

Back