• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

So ebikes are definitely cheating, but I don't mind it, as long as it's someone who needs the physical help, e.g. for the age (y)

Also

View attachment 563292

Where is that place?!?!?!?
Regarding ebikes, I will tell you that when I had a regular bicycle I almost never rode it. Now that I have an ebike, I ride A LOT. What I love about it is that I can use a higher assist level if I want to get somewhere and not be sweaty, but I can also use no assist or a low assist level and get a good workout. I commute to work on it pretty regularly and it's nice to not arrive a sweaty mess. For the ride home, I use zero assist and get a workout. It's kinda great.

i don't do any biking, really. i reckon an e bike might make me ride a bit more cuz it's hella hilly where i live.

waddle accomplished. i have really been slacking the last few weeks.
But did you ride your ice assist bike?
At excessive speeds and questionable terrain?

I was waiting for you to see that... :laughing
Regarding ebikes, I will tell you that when I had a regular bicycle I almost never rode it. Now that I have an ebike, I ride A LOT. What I love about it is that I can use a higher assist level if I want to get somewhere and not be sweaty, but I can also use no assist or a low assist level and get a good workout. I commute to work on it pretty regularly and it's nice to not arrive a sweaty mess. For the ride home, I use zero assist and get a workout. It's kinda great.
To me, the big thing with e-bikes is whether or not they have a throttle or are just pedal-assist. The latter are just fine honestly, but the former are what I believe piss off the general public the most.

I was waiting for you to see that... :laughing

To me, the big thing with e-bikes is whether or not they have a throttle or are just pedal-assist. The latter are just fine honestly, but the former are what I believe piss off the general public the most.

Mine has a throttle, but I almost never use it.

It is warm here already. Not horrible. Currently 78*. I thought we were going to have a cool down but looks like another week of 100* temps.

sebastopol!

ps I did not eat there

"Mine has a throttle, but I almost never use it."

you would be awesome for naming Emo bands. When you starting?!

or perhaps shoe-gaze

Last edited:
I did not ride my ice assist bike and I should!
ice assist to the rescue
1720634196658.png

well when I drove out this morning, you couldn't see 1 to 1/2 block ahead, it was all white. it's better later in the day.

Around here, e-bikes are not for utilitarian purposes like that. 99% are just kids whose parents bought them the latest fad/trend like a new iPhone or a Playstation. Bunch of teenage entitled assclowns slowing down traffic, harassing people, etc...

The other day some douchebag called me a loser and said it must suck not to be able to afford an e-bike. (I was walking to the sports bar and I don't mess around with drinking and riding). I'm like.... kid... I have a real bike and 2) You can't afford an e-bike. Your parents bought that for you. Fuck off.

About a month ago, I stepped in to break up a group of clowns that were preventing an elderly man from pulling out of his parking spot. That same day some other clown knocked my shopping cart out of my hand riding through the aisles of the grocery store. Who does that?

I could go on with other stories but I'll stop there. Some of these kids are gonna piss off the wrong person and have a serious "fuck around and find out" moment.

It's a serious problem around here.

Friend gave me his wood pellet fired pizza oven.

Will try out over the weekend.

Will make our own dough.

60 second pizza!

Funny enough a buddy of mine has been looking for that exact oven, I guess there's a pizza competition in North Beach next month and he wants to get a feel for that type of oven in advance. Dude is pretty serious about his pizza.

Saw Intuit is laying off 1800 workers. The announcement was kind of brutal though in stating that they'd recently upped their performance requirements and that around 1000 of those being laid off were low performers. Not the kind of mark you want on you while looking for a new job right now.

The other day some douchebag called me a loser and said it must suck not to be able to afford an e-bike. (I was walking to the sports bar and I don't mess around with drinking and riding). I'm like.... kid... I have a real bike and 2) You can't afford an e-bike. Your parents bought that for you. Fuck off.
Aaah good old So-Cal. Exactly the only place someone has yelled “get a car, loser” at me. It was somewhere between tust8n and mission videoejo , that area. (Parodnom my atrocious Apple autocorrect)
Saw Intuit is laying off 1800 workers. The announcement was kind of brutal though in stating that they'd recently upped their performance requirements and that around 1000 of those being laid off were low performers. Not the kind of mark you want on you while looking for a new job right now.
aaaand now you know what’s been happening to me/feeling like that,,,..reading the news like that … for a long time now.

Yeah, got a few friends who can refer me at either Adobe or Salesforce, but I've only found jobs I qualify for at Salesforce. Maybe I should start working at Zeitgeist, I'm there often enough...

Around here, e-bikes are not for utilitarian purposes like that. 99% are just kids whose parents bought them the latest fad/trend like a new iPhone or a Playstation. Bunch of teenage entitled assclowns slowing down traffic, harassing people, etc...

About a month ago, I stepped in to break up a group of clowns that were preventing an elderly man from pulling out of his parking spot. That same day some other clown knocked my shopping cart out of my hand riding through the aisles of the grocery store. Who does that?

I could go on with other stories but I'll stop there. Some of these kids are gonna piss off the wrong person and have a serious "fuck around and find out" moment.

It's a serious problem around here.
Yep, one of our clients was killed last year when he got mowed down in the pedestrian path.

Note to self: Stick with current job where I am the last to possibly get fired. LOL

also: come fix machines? :later

Back