• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Most banks will freeze an account if they're concerned about something, not close them. Then you call and it's all good again. Even if they have to report it, it's legit and everyone moves on.

Will be setting up my new 9 channel 8k Atmos receiver today.

Not looking forward to the process but hoping the results will be great.

Already have the four height speaker in place for overhead effects.

Happy Highwayman seemed to be the only BAFER into A/V but a nice setup is quite enjoyable.

Got it for $1150 off this price.

Looks nice.

I’m into audio but have little interest in A/V. These days, I do use streaming (usually lossless) for convenience and discovering new music, but have ripped all our CDs to FLAC and stream that from a NAS once in a while. Our living room is set up as a music room, with drums, piano, my guitars and the main stereo. The stereo is on either side of the fireplace and I have no desire to place a TV in there.

I actually don't like how modern multichannel stereos boom way too much when a movie is played on the TV.

It makes me not being able to hear the speech audibly , at the same volume.

:x

It’s the matter of 2 weeks to get cash that’s BS!

IMG_0250.jpeg

Yo ho ho!

Packing for Yep. Going to make a pad for the trailer. Exhausted, Anyone try geeting cash out of your bank recently? I needed $12k expected I'd have to order it, was told 2 weeks minimum. WTFF???!! Then asked if I could get $5k now 5K the next day and 2K the day after, was told account would be flagged and closed account was openned in 1991!!!!!
Finally went with plan B Venmo and cash went to get $3750 was grilled what is this for? I lost it? Explained with a few F bombs that I work freaking hard for my money and it is mine and they don't need to ask me what I am going to do with it. Current balance in that bank-liquid is a bit over $90k FU*K this.
/:rant

Sorry MD for reporting personal BS.
I want what Andy got, a few moments of no hurty.

PS: cant even write a freaking sentence without having my computer back talk me and put words in my mouth.

MY bank doesnt give a f as but they would need a couple of days for a large cash withdrawl (anything over 5kish). I typically get cashiers checks from them, and they waive the fees.

I actually don't like how modern multichannel stereos boom way too much when a movie is played on the TV.

It makes me not being able to hear the speech audibly , at the same volume.

:x
The setup took 2.5 hours what with removing the old unit and associated non 4k cables and whatnot and the results are not boomy in the least though many on the AVS forum LOVE to overdo it with subs.

I've always used sealed servo subs as I hate a sub the screams "hey, look at me, I'm over here," I prefer mine to "disappear" for the most part.

Oddly, video seems to look better vs having HDMI plugged directly into the TV.

It is nice to be able to have just one HDMI cable again going from receiver to TV rather than multiples requiring switching TV inputs with lesser sound.

Thinking about banks, you should try Marcus byt Goldman Sachs. I used that to dump my severance into, interest rate hovers around 4.5% right now so you'd make good money on that cash you have sitting around and I never had to wait more than a day or two for the money to move when I set up a transfer, which can all be done online without speaking to a person.

Also, morning, went to see the lighthouse at Pt Reyes yesterday, windy and cold, but cool to see nonetheless. Saw a few gray whales breaching while I was there as well so that was a treat. Managed to have a fun ride despite the large number of people out yesterday, should have skipped the last section of 1 from Stinson thought and done Panoramic instead, it was packed full of cars in the afternoon.

Also, morning, went to see the lighthouse at Pt Reyes yesterday, windy and cold, but cool to see nonetheless. Saw a few gray whales breaching while I was there as well so that was a treat. Managed to have a fun ride despite the large number of people out yesterday, should have skipped the last section of 1 from Stinson thought and done Panoramic instead, it was packed full of cars in the afternoon.
Pretty fun to see whales I guess.

-

Fog is big, especially today.

-

Many banks do 4+% nowadays not just "Marcus?" if anyone doesn't like Goldman

-

no idea what to do but have to walk out,drive out for lunch I guess

The 8 yo family car smells of gasoline, someth8ng grilling, etc in the cabin, during a decent commute distance again. Anything to check? Leaves? Oil? I’m sure the coolant is fine.

i first noticed it 1 or 2 weeks ago, I think I mentioned

and yes, second cuppa. I’m again mixing TJ Sumatra dark with TJ Kahawa medium and grinding them.

Hopefully it's not the heater core behaving badly, those are a pain to replace but when they go they do tend to leak coolant into the interior of the car. It's usually pretty dramatic though, and wouldn't smell like gas.

Back